Chapter 7

Talk to Me

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him to his apartment building and up the stairs to his place.  Baekhyun was too embarrassed to react.

 

“This is home!  I hope it’s not too messy for you.”

 

On the contrary, Chanyeol’s apartment was neat and organized.  It looked like a furniture showroom; not one detail was out of place.  Even though there was only one bedroom (by the looks of it), the floor plan seemed large and wide-open.

 

“Oh man, you totally have to see this!  The apartment itself may not look like much, but wait till you see the killer view out my window!”

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s again and dragged him into the bedroom.  He threw the curtains open with his free hand and took a step back.

 

“Ta dah!  Gorgeous right?”

 

Baekhyun was impressed.  He never guessed an apartment like this could have such a spectacular view of the city.

 

“It’s like this all day long!  Totally better at night, though.”

 

Baekhyun pressed a hand to the glass and continued to look at the city lights.

 

“This is amazing.”

 

Chanyeol beamed, proud that he surprised and delighted Baekhyun in a good way, for once.

 

“You can sleep in here if you want.  I’ll take the couch.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him and then to the Queen sized bed tucked in the corner of the room and then back to Chanyeol.

 

“I couldn’t take your bed from you…”

 

“It’s totally okay.  You probably feel really awkward now anyway, and I want you to be as comfortable as possible.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him for a moment and then back to the bed.

 

“We could…share it.  It’s big enough for two people, and we’d each have our own personal space so we won’t have to worry about being too uncomfortable…and I won’t feel so bad then.”

 

This time, it was Chanyeol’s turn to blush crimson.

 

“Um…well, if you’re certain…I guess that’s okay.  You don’t have to worry too much, I don’t roll around in my sleep; I stay in one spot all night.  I won’t bother you.”


“…Then it’s settled.  Where’s your bathroom?”

 

Chanyeol led Baekhyun to the bathroom off the main room.

 

“Feel free to use anything you find in there, except my toothbrush, that is.  I’ll be getting ready in my room if you need me.”

 

Baekhyun bowed his head and shut the bathroom door, slumping up against it.

 

What the HELL was I thinking!  How could I just go and blurt out, “Let’s sleep together in the same bed!” like it’s no big deal!  What is wrong with me!?  He must be so freaked out right now…

 

Baekhyun hit himself in the head repeatedly.

 

“Aish!”

 

He went to the sink and splashed cold water on his face.

 

“I’m such a creep!”


Chanyeol, on the other hand, wasn’t as creeped out as Baekhyun thought.

 

“I had no idea he could be so forward…”

 

Chanyeol was blushing like a madman as he changed into a pair of sleep pants and a hoodie.  He pulled out an extra pair of pajama bottoms for Baekhyun to use and brought them to the bathroom door.  He knocked once.  Baekhyun opened the door a crack, and he held up the pants.

 

“Here…I figured you probably wouldn’t want to sleep in your uniform pants, so I brought these.  They might be a little big, though.”

 

Baekhyun grabbed the pants.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Chanyeol went back to his bedroom and climbed in under the covers.  He pulled them up over his head and let out a gleeful little squeal.  He couldn’t believe the situation he was in now.  It seemed like another dream; one he definitely didn’t want to wake up from.  As he continued to fanboy under the covers, Baekhyun walked in and stopped in the doorframe, watching Chanyeol.  He cleared his throat loudly and the thrashing under the blankets stopped immediately.  Chanyeol slowly and sheepishly pulled the covers down so that only his eyes were showing.

 

“Having fun?”

 

He pulled the covers back over his head.

 

“Sorry…” came the muffled reply.

 

Baekhyun laughed.

 

“You’re so weird.”

 

Chanyeol pulled the covers down again and watched Baekhyun sit on the edge of the bed.  He was wearing a white wife-beater and Chanyeol’s pajama pants, which he had rolled down at the waist and up to the knees.  They were definitely too long, but Baekhyun didn’t seem to mind.  He sat cross-legged in front of Chanyeol, a serious look on his face.

 

“What’s going to happen to us after this day is over?  Are we going to pretend like the closet incident didn’t happen, or what?  Ever since we left the school, I can’t help but think about this: What are ‘we?’”

 

Chanyeol looked his square in the eye.

 

“I don’t want to pretend like we’re complete strangers again.  I don’t want to pretend like these feelings don’t exist between us, because they do whether you like it or not.  But, I can’t force you to face them head-on if you don’t want to.  I already know my choice.”

 

Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun asked the question with pure intentions, but he couldn’t help but feel hurt over it.  He pulled the comforter up over his head and rolled over onto his side, facing the wall.

 

“Chanyeol…I didn’t mean anything bad.  I just wanted to know where we stood and how we should go about it.  Don’t be like this.”

 

Baekhyun crawled up behind Chanyeol and tried to pull the covers off his face.  He wouldn’t budge.

 

He’s stronger than he looks…

 

“Come on…I’m sorry.  I just don’t know what I’m supposed to do…you’re the first person I’ve confessed to…”

 

The last statement froze Chanyeol from head to toe.

 

“…Are you serious?”

 

Baekhyun pulled the slack comforter off of Chanyeol’s head and looked him straight in the eye.

 

“Yes.  You’re the first person I ever thought of confessing to…” he said the last statement so softly that Chanyeol almost didn’t hear him.

 

That sent him over the edge of euphoria.  He grabbed Baekhyun and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

 

“I’m…so…happy right now.  I’m afraid if anything better happens my heart will just explode.  Thank you, thank you Byun Baekhyun…for making me the happiest person in the world right now.”


Author's Note: Hello my lovelies <3 thank you so much for your continued support of this story! <3 sadly, this is the second to last chapter, which means I only have one more update for you T.T but then, you have the sequel to look forward to! :D This is your last chance to request a specific pairing for the sequel (refer to chapter 5), so please be sure to drop a comment or a message to my wall if you want to make a suggestion :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter >D and I'll update soon!  And thank you to the new subscribers :D