Chapter 8----Loneliness

Stay By My Side

A/N: I'm back. It's been a long time since my last update because I was busy with my summer homework :((. Sorry. FYI, I changed the foreword. Instead of Sunhwa, I changed her to an OC. You might want to reread chapter 7 because I changed it a little bit since I changed the character. Sorry for my sudden change. And lastly, I want to thanks all of my subcribers and your comments :))

 


 

It's been a month since I moved to Korea. I use to my new life now. I love the Infinite. Even though they're the cool kingkas at school; but at home, they act like a child, always bicker each other. I get along with them...Well, except for that Kim Myung Soo but he wants to be called L. It is not that I don't get along with him...It's just that he's a weird guy. He's cold when I first met him but he's actually unpredictable. He treats me nice when he's in good mood. Or he'll start an argument with me. Or he'll tease me until my face's as red as crimson. 

I might say that I use to my new life but there's one thing I never be able to forget and  always think about. 그남자 that's man. I always recall the time I had with him. I fills with laughter when I'm with Infinite but I'll fill with tears when I'm alone. That's why, at night, I always busy my mind until I'm sleepy so I don't have to think about him. 

Tonight, just as usual, I wake until midnight to do some randoms stuffs to make my brain busy. It's alreay past twelve, I yawn and my eyelid start to drop. I turn off the light and find my way to my bed. I say good night to myself and close my eyes. 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, and still I am not in my dreamland yet. I keep rolling on my bed, trying to sleep. I try different ways to make myself fall asleep, singing, counting numbers...but they don't work. I shut my eyes, force myself to sleep. But then the image of him appears. I start remembering the time I had with him.

I then realize tears are falling down my face. I sit up, burying my face to my knees, crying. I want to cry out loud, scream I loud. But I can't do it, the Infinite is sleeping. I don't to wake them up. I remember whenver I cried, he would by my side, lending me his shoulder. But I know it will not happen anymore. He's gone. I have to accept the reality. I am, alone by myself in this dark and cold room, crying.

 

L's P.O.V

I wake up in the middle of the night because of Sungyeol's snoring sound. Grr...Why does he have to snore this loud? I don't want to sleep on the couch but I think I have to otherwise, I won't be able to sleep tonight. I walk myself through the hallway. I stop when hear sobbing sound from Eunna's room. Since her room is open so I take a peek through the door and find her crying. I heard crying sound the other night when I came home late but I didn't bother because I was tired. 

I can't help but walk to her bed. She doesn't seem to notice my presence she's burying her face to her knees and crying. "Are you okay?", I ask her.

She looks up, her eyes are swollen from crying. She doesn't answer me, just keep on crying. I look at her with sympathize, understanding what she's going through. I then sit next to her. "I can lend you my shoulder if you want to." I gasp at what I just said. I don't know what am I doing. She looks at me with her red eyes and hesistately puts her head on my shouder, continue crying. I freeze for a second. My heart beats faster. I slowly put my arm around her shoulder, patting her side.

Deep in my heart, I'm confused. I don't have any feeling for her, do I? No, I don't. I'm just comforting her. 

After twenty minutes, she stops crying. She looks at me then at my wet shoulder. "T-Thank you." she says. 

"You're welcome." I replies.

"Don't tell Woohyun oppa about this. I don't want him to worry." I nod

"Sorry for wetting your shirt."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it." I stand and start exitting her room.

"Did my crying wake you up?" she asks.

"No. It's Sungyeol's snoring that woke me up." I answer. She chuckles at my answer. It's good to see her laugh.

Before I go out of her room, I turn around and say, "If you need a shoulder to cry in the future, feel free to ask me.". Then I exit her room. I realize what I just said to her. I hit my head and walk to the living room, feeling mixed and confused.

 

Your P.O.V

"If you need a shoulder to cry in the future, feel free to ask me."

My heart beats faster. What he said keeps lingering in my head. I can feel he was sincere about what he said. I feel safe when I stay in his arm. I have never seen this side of L before. A soft, sweet, and protective L. 

I lie down on my bed again and close my eyes. Instead of having the image of him, the image of sincere L creeps over my mind. Slowly, I'm in my dreamland.

 

None's P.O.V

Next morning, Infinite wake up and find L sleeping on the couch in the living room. 

"YAH, why didn't you sleep in your room last night? I was worried about you when I woke up this morning." Sungyeol yells at his room mate.

"Ask yourself. Your snoring was like thunder last night. I woke during mid night because of your snoring." L screams back.

"Oh, did I? Sorry. Hehe." Sungyeol. L looks at him feeling annoyed.

"YAH. Do you guys need to scream like that in the morning? Eunna's still sleeping." Woohyun yells out from the kitchen.

"Look who's yelling now." L smirks. Woohyun hears and raises the knife he has in his hand.

"Stop bickering like that in the morning. Sungjong, go wake Eunna up or else she'll be late for school." Sunggyu orders the maknae while him lying lazily on the couch.

Sungjong comes and asks you to wake up. After 10 minutes, you finish changing your uniform and go to the dining room. Woohyun widens his eyes when he sees your swollen eyes. "What happened to your eyes, Eunna?"

"A-Ah. It because I didn't have much sleep yesterday." You lie. You sit down and glance over at L. He also glances over at you. Both of you look at each other for a few second then awkwardly look away.

 

Woohyun's P.O.V

I know that she was lieing but I couldn't do anything. She's a stubborn girl. I then catch her and L looked each other. They look at each other for quite a long time before looking away. I think something happened between them. Myung Soo has been acting strange lately. He talks more lately and likes to tease Eunna. I just hope that they can forget their sad past and open their heart more.