Just to be with you

the One i Love...is You

Mai had finally finished college. It was a beautiful day. "Hey sister Mai, let's go out and celebrate, since you've finished college." Tou said and patted her head. Mai was still watching television, but when Tou spoke she looked up. Mai smiled and nod and turned off the television. Both went into their rooms to get dressed. 'P'Tou...sigh...why do keep calling me 'sister'...do you really just see me as a sister?' Mai thought to herself and sighed again as she sat on the edge of her bed. 'Mai...this...this celebration is only an excuse to take you out...I see you more than a sister...why can't you just see it behind my words...or do you only see me as a brother?...' Tou thought and sighed as he was laying on the bed looking up to the ceiling.

***The song is suppose to play while Tou is thinking...and the song basically is what he is thinking...***

Tou and Mai went to eat at a pho restaurant. They sat across from each other with their bowl in front of them already. Mai was looking at Tou. He looked up at her. "Eat, Mai..." he said squinting his eyes and smiling. She nod and smiled. There was silence for a bit. Tou slurped and Mai looked up. She smiled to herself and went back to eating. Tou looked up at Mai. "Gosh, Mai. You're making a mess." Tou said moving towards Mai. "...Is this how younger sisters always eat?..." he continued and began wiping around Mai's bowl and then he wiped with another cloth. "...There..." he said and went back. "Thanks, P." Mai smiled and continued finishing her bowl of pho. While Mai was eating, she thought of Tou. "Mai, is there something wrong? is it the food?...You've been eating really slow for the past few minutes..." Tou said. Mai blinked and up looked up. "Huh?...uh...m, no...I just...I...I was just thinking of how good this bowl of pho is...and thought I'd make it last...by eating slow..." Mai said to Tou cheesly. "I can buy you another one..." "Uhm, no...it's fine, P. This...this is good enough already...and I'm getting full now." Mai replied rubbing her stomach. "I'll be right back...I'm going to the restroom." said Mai. Mai went in and looked at herself in the mirror with both her hands on the sink. She made loud breathing sounds and thought about Tou. She then shook her head and washed her face. '...Tou only see me as a sister, especially when we grew up together and he didn't have any sister at all...' she told herself and sighed. '...But I can't help it...' she continued again. She dried her face and looked back at the mirror and made a sigh through her nose. Mai threw the trash away and opened the door. "Boo!" "Ah!...Oui!...P! You scared me." Mai said and gave Tou a hit on the arm. "I just thought I'd come check on you 'cause you were in there for awhile...so were you taking number two?" Tou said jokingly. Mai hit him again and replied with a 'no'. Tou just raised his eyebrows nodding.

Tou and Mai got home. They got out of the car and began to walk towards the door. Mai tripped and fell and scrapped her knee. "Oui!...it hurts!" Mai cried out. "Are you alright, Mai?...Here..." Tou quickly opened the door and came back for Mai. He lifted her up in the air in his arms and carried her to the sofa. "Let me take a look." he said. "It's alright...don't worry Mai...it'll heal in no time." he told her and went into his room to get his first aid kit. He began to clean up the wound. He put some medicine on the wound and put a band-aid on it. "There...just rest here until you can get up and walk without limping, alright?" Tou told Mai. She nod with pain. For awhile Mai fell fast asleep on the sofa.

Mai woke up to the smell of Tou's cooking. She looked around and tried to get up, but as she did she accidentally stretched out her wound on her knee. "Ah!" Tou heard and quickly came to Mai. "If you still hurt, then you can just stay here. I'll bring dinner here and we'll just eat here together, okies?" "Mm." Mai replied with shut. Tou quickly put some food on the plates and set it on the livingroom table where Mai was at. "Here...eat so you'll have strength." Tou said to Mai. They began eating.

After eating Tou took the plates to the kitchen and washed it while Mai was on the sofa watching television. Tou finished washing the dishes and went into the livingroom and sat right next to Mai. They watched television for a bit. Then all of a sudden he noticed Mai leaning on him. She fell asleep on his shoulder. 'Wow, she must be really tired.' Tou said to himself. He wanted to bring Mai to her room, but he also liked the scene...so he let Mai sleep on his shoulder for a bit. The next thing you know Tou also fell asleep. His head was on Mai's while her head was still on his shoulder. They slept like that for a bit until Tou twitched and woke up. He looked and saw that Mai was still sleeping on him. He then turned off the television. Tou slowly lifted up Mai and brung her up to her room and he tucked her in. He gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Sweet dreams, Mai." He said and left to his room.