Chapter 16

I hate you

'Knock Knock'

 

"Oh,Morning Kai..." Mrs Oh greets as she opens the door fully for Kai to enter. "Sehun is in the living room."

 

Kai bows slightly and went inside. Kai is surprised to see Sehun,watching television,laughing away.

 

"H-hey bro..." Kai says as he plopped himself next to Sehun. Sehun look up briefly at him before turning back to the screen.

 

"Ummm sorry I didn't pick up your calls yesterday.." Kai starts.

 

"Nah,It's fine. I'm sure you were busy. I bet you went on a date with your girlfriend who you never once introduced her to me,or the others."

 

Kai chuckles nervously and hit Sehun lightly on his head. "Oh shut up.. So,what's up?" Kai ask,pretending not to know.

 

Sehun rub his head and sits up straight. He sighs.

 

"Yeserday.Hani set things straight. She said we're just friends. And she has somebody else. She even told me she LOVES him. I mean,no need to tell me the last part. I'm hurt enough already." Sehun whines and pout.

 

Kai gulped. "She what? She did that? And she says she loves him??"

 

Sehun only just nod. "So...are you okay,Sehun? I mean..You liked her for almost 3 years now..." Kai asked in concern.

 

Sehun chuckled. "I'm fine,Kai. Why are you so worked up?"

 

"I mean...you know what happened the last ti-"

 

"I'm not like that now, aren't I?" Sehun turn to face Kai.

 

Kai blinks and shook his head. "You're taking this so well,surprisingly."

 

"I don't need someone to babysit me till I'm old,Kai. Yeah,okay maybe yesterday night I became emotional and all but I'm okay now." Sehun gave Kai an assuring smile.

 

"Yesterday night...you ate your medicine?" 

 

Sehun smiles faded quickly and he looks elsewhere.

 

"Well,Sehun?" Kai ask again. Kai is worried if Sehun doesn't take his medication,the worst thing could happen is...

 

"Y-yeah. I already did. Even this morning. The pills helps alot don't they.." Sehun lied.

 

Kai breathe out a sigh of relief. "Good. You know you have to take it on a daily basis. If it has finish, you have to prescribe again."

 

"Yeah yeah I know,Kai. Don't go all naggy at me. One naggy mother is enough for me." Sehun joked and they both laugh.

 

 

Kai misses hanging out like this with Sehun. So carefree and peaceful. Right after he has gotten married,he's been trying to keep everything a secret from Sehun,that he tends to avoid him sometimes. To Kai, Sehun will forever the innocent little brother that he wants to protect. Protect him from Bullies, from falling down, protect him anything that has the word 'Hurt' in it. He has been doing that for the past few years,since they were only eight yeas old. Kai would always says it's his fault when Sehun got in trouble, He would always give Sehun his lunch when Sehun is still hungry after eating his own lunch. Kai had vowed to protect Sehun since that day.... and he never breaks his vow.

 

"Earth to Kai!!" Sehun smack a cushion onto Kai's face.

 

"What the!" Kai glared at the now laughing Sehun.

 

"I said, Mama has served breakfast! Let's eat!" Sehun shouted,walking towards the dining table.

 

"Well,no need to smack my freaking handsome face!" Kai replied,standing up.

 

"Well you were in a daze... Like this." and Sehun imitates Kai's bored face (-.-) .

 

"Haha! No need to imitate! Your face is always like that!" Kai teased.

 

"Why you!" Sehun walk up to Kai,attempting to stranggle the now chuckling Kai.

 

"Boys boys! Stop it and eat your breakfast!" Mrs Oh scolded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the way back,Kai is thinking how to talk to you. Since Sehun now is surprisingly okay, Kai now feels guilty about saying those harsh words to you. Now that he knows that you now has feelings for him too.

 

The door opens and Kai steps out of the car.

 

"Is young mistress inside?" Kai asked the butler. The butler bows and says that he doesn't know. Kai sighs and open the door,only to find you walking down the stairs. Both stop for a moment,staring at each other,but no words coming out. Kai can see that your eyes are puffy and he knows you had been crying. He opens his mouth to greet you but stopped when you look away and continue walking towards the dining room. He sighs and close the door behind him.

 

"Young master,breakfast is ready." A petite maid came and bows.

 

"No,It's okay. I have eaten."

 

"Yes,young master." She bows once more and turn around to head back.

 

"W-wait.."

 

"Yes,young Master?"

 

"M-make sure Young Mistress finish up her meal."

 

"Will do,young Master."

 

 

Kai when straight up to the bedroom and lie down,suddenly having a bad headache. His body feels hot but his fingertips are cold and he is shivering. He knows he needs to have some sleep since he didn't have any the day before. He rolls to the side of the bed and groans as the headache becomes worse.

 

"Urgh.." As he hold his head. The headache take a toll on him that now he can't even move and slowly,his eyes became heavy and he closes his eyes..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai slowly open his eyes,blinking a few times. His throat felt dry as he tries to sit up. Suddenly a wet towel fell from his forehead.

 

"What the..." He picks up the towel. He turn to the side to see a bowl of ice water on the side table. He looks outside to see that it is getting dark. How long was he asleep?

 

The bedroom door swings open and you enter,holding a tray.

 

"Oh,you're awake...You should be lying down..." You said as you approach him.

 

Kai blinks and look at you confused.

 

"You were having a fever. So I brought the fever down by placing a cold towel on your forehead." You simply said as you place the tray of porridge and medicines beside him.

 

"oh...Ummm thanks...?" The only thing Kai managed to say.

 

"Eat up and take the medicines and rest." You said monotonously. Not even a smile could be seen on your face.

 

Kai take the porridge bowl and look at you.

 

"W-why are you doing this for me?" Kai ask cautiously,suddenly feeling nervous seeing you not smiling and talking without any tone in it.

 

You look straight into his eyes,bore into him,but no feelings showing in your eyes.

 

"You're still my husband.So it's still my obligation to take care of you. Nothing else. No feelings." And with that,you stand up and walk out of the room.

 

Kai look down at his porridge and smile weakly. 

 

"Nevermind if you hate me now,at least you still care for me..." He mumbles as he scoops some into his mouth.

 

 

 

 

For the next few days,Kai tries to strike a conversation with you but you answer him briefly or avoid him altogether. Even dinnertime,only the sounds of utensils clattering could be heard. When you are watching tv and Kai joins,you stand up briefly and walk away,leaving Kai hopeless. Even in bed,The big bolster in between the two of you back. Kai tried everything but fails miserably as you now become the cold,expressionless person.

 

 

One day as you are reading a storybook and Kai is watching  a movie in the living room,his phone rings.

 

"Yeah..?" He picks up. "Oh Baekhyun?what's up?....You're having a party? Tomorrow night? I can bring along anyone?...yeah sure. I'll be there. Bye,dude."

Kai then ended the call and looked at you. You pretended not to notice and continue reading when suddenly your phone rings. You look at the caller ID. Sehun. You stand up quickly and walk away,away from Kai.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey Hani. Umm...just calling to ask if you're free tomorrow? Baekhyun hyung is having a party tomorrow and he says to invite anyone from our school since he doesn't have everyone's number. So you wanna go? I'm asking you as a friend,by the way." Sehun says at the other end.

 

"uhh...umm..."

 

"come on,we're goinng out as friends only,Hani. nothing more."

 

"Y-you're not angry at me...?" you ask as you recall back the last time you guys talk.

 

You hear Sehun chuckling at the other end. "Silly Hani. Of course not. But we're still friends aren't we. So is that a yes?"

 

"....."

 

"Arasso! See you tomorrow!"

 

And the line went dead. Maybe it is okay now to hang out with Sehun. You thought. You walk back to the living room and see Kai watching you.

 

"Ummm Are you free tomorrow?"

 

"Aniyo."

 

"Wae?"

 

"Party."

 

"Oh same. Baekhyun's?"

 

"Ne.I'm going with Sehun." you said as you take your book. "As friends." you continued and walk away.

 

"Oh.." was all Kai could say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Hmm...I feel like this chapter is just to tell you how each relationship are now.

This story is going to end soon! Dx Around Chapter 20? Oh and thank you to the people who voted for this story! *throws hearts*

So...comments?

 

 

Subscribe & comment! 

Love Y'all~ ^^