Chapter 10

I hate you

 

 

The party has ended and the crews and helpers are cleaning up. After it seems like forever, you had finally bid your goodbyes and thank yous to the last guests. You exhale and went to find the guy who did all this for you. You take a step outside from the tent and see him staring into the night sky. You slowly approached him and stand beside him,looking at the direction he's looking at.

 

"Komawo."

 

Kai,still looking above just smile slightly and nod. He then turn around,resting his arms on the parrapet.

 

"Did you enjoyed it?"

 

You copied his actions and nod. "Of course! Infact,I think it's the most memorable birthday I have ever had." 

 

You smile at him sincerely. You noticed that Kai was looking at you wih the same expression as before,the unreadable expression. You tilt your head sideways and he blinked,before shaking his head.

 

"I'm glad. Sehun was good at dancing,isn't he?" Kai asked as he put his hands into his pockets.

 

"Yeah..But not as good as my husband." You teased,elbowing him playfully.

 

Instead of his normal sarcastic or obnoxious comebacks,his eyes widened when you addressed him as 'my husband' before a tinge of pink could be seen on his tanned cheeks. He coughed slightly before turning his face away from you.

 

"Aniya...He's better..." He said as he finally composed himself back.

 

"Aish..I can never ever win an argument with you.." You puffed and cross your arms.

 

Kai chuckled before ruffling your hair. "Don't even try to,sweetheart."

 

Both of you then stayed silent,looking away from each other,your mind is racing with questions as what he had just called you and your heart beats faster than normal. While on the other hand, Kai was scolding himself for blurting out sweet nothings infront of you.

 

"So...uhh...make sure you wake up early tomorrow...and umm...wear something formal." Kai announced as he stand up properly.

 

"What for?"

 

"We're meeting my Abeoji.." He simply said,he jaw clenched,and his face was serious.

 

"Your...Abeoji...?" You whispered as you heard rumours from the house that Kai's father is a very strict person. Even Kai rarely sees him. He is always stuck in his work room,only coming out when he wants to.

 

Kai just nod,biting his lower lip and looking down.

 

"W..wae...?"

 

Kai then look at you straight to the eye,his face shows concern,sad,hurt and scared all in once,making you blink furiously.

 

"You'll find out tomorrow..." He simply said before walking away.

 

"Anyways,once again,Happy birthday."

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  As you entered the car the next day,dressed in a formal attire,you're surprised to see Kai, wearing formal attire too,seating next to you. The only time the both of you ride the same vehicle was the wedding day. Kai was busy scrolling up and down his smartphone,with his famous pokerface plastered onto his face. The car starts moving and you sat there,as the sound of the engine filled the space.

 

"Whatever happens,don't say a word." Kai suddenly shifted his sitting position,his face still stuck onto his smartphone.

 

You just nod and look at Kai. He's back ot his old self. His cold self. You sigh as you can never know when Kai is being nice or when he is in the mood to be pokerface and everything around him. You slump back onto your chair and mindlessly play with your hand.

 

 

"Don't sit like that when your infront of Abeoji." He then warned. You immediately sit up straight and straighten your attire.

 

Before long,the car entered a gate and infront of you is a big house,bigger than your own house. The car literally had to drive further in to actually stop at the entrance of the house. Your mouth is agape by just looking at the structures. The driver open the door for you and you thank him as you step out from the car. Kai then walk beside you,as both of you enter the house.

 

"You have a big house,Kai..."

 

"Yeah but it's boring since there's only a few people living in here. Since me and my Noonas have moved out..." He answered slumberly as he approached the big staircase.

 

You never knew that Kai has an older sibling. Whatmore,he has 3 older sisters,knowing from the photoframe lining up as you climb the stairs. Why Kai never talk about them,is a mystery. Maybe it's because you never asked. As you approach a big wooden door,you hear Kai exhale loudly,his face shows worries yet scared. Suddenly he took your hand in his and push the door open...

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"You don't even know your own son! He is the most nicest and most kind-hearted person I have ever met and here you are talking bad about him?! You don't even get up from that stupid chair of yours to get to know him and here you are saying that you're dissapointed in him?! That he is worthless?!" You shriek at the top of your voice as you feel Kai tugging you,pulling you to get out from the room.

 

"Just get out." Mr Kim simply said,his face red.

 

Kai pulled you out of the room and make you sit on the chair outside,his face was also red with anger,glaring at you. You heaved heavily as you try to steady yourself back. He then sit beside you,massaging his temples,closing his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

A few minutes ago...

 

 

" Abeoji." Kai called out to his father formally.


 

"You're late." His father said,he is scribbling down things on a piece of paper,not even looking up at his own son. Somehow you feel angry by his action. You felt Kai's grip tightens as his father said that.

 

"Jungsunghamnida." He apologised formally. Why should a son talk formally to his father? You thought to yourself.

 

"Go on. " His father just said.

 

"...I...I'm divorcing Hani." You turn abruptly to look at Kai,but Kai just ignore you,looking straight at his father.

 

His father stop scribbling and put down his pen. He smirked,just like how Kai always does.

 

"Expected." He simply said. "I knew it. You're a disgrace to the family,Jongin. Always dissapointing me."

 

His hurtful words somehow gets to Kai as you feel his hand trembles. You look from Kai to his father in shock. Instead of defending himself,Kai just nod and look down. Never crossed in your mind that you would see this vulnerable side of Kai.

 

"Are you following your sister's steps?hmm? One went overseas to get married with some white man. Another one wanting to become a singer and another one getting married with some poor filthy man? and now you? wanting a divorce?!"

 

You try to absorb everything in but as you see Kai at the verge of tears,you starts to get angry,mad even.

 

"Why can't you be like Sehun,huh,Jongin? How I wish he is my REAL son." Mr Kim said spitefully.

 

"Enough!" You burst out. Both father and son look at you in disbelief.

 

"How dare you ta-"

 

"How dare YOU say those hurtful things to your own son! You never know his sacrifices. You never know what's his intentions are. You don't even know him!"

 

"Hani,stop." Kai warned.

 

"You are never there for him. Heck,I don't even see you at our wedding. All you care is about your stupid reputation!"

 

"Hani." Kai said sternly as he grab your arm.

 

"Maybe there is a reason why all of his sister's go against you. Maybe because they hate living under your control. Now I know why Kai is always building up walls around him not wanting to show the real him. Maybe it's because of you! He doesn't want you to be dissapointed in him. But everything he does seems nothing in your eyes!You don't even know your own son! He is the most nicest and most kind-hearted person I have ever met and here you are talking bad about him?! You don't even get up from that stupid chair of yours to get to know him and here you are saying that you're dissapointed in him?! That he is worthless?!"

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

"Komawo..." You heard him whispered.

 

You turn to look at him. "For standing up for me,just now."

 

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have been rude at shouted at your father like that.."

 

"It's fine. I didn't know you had the guts to talk like that to him. But that was epic. He was angry yet he can't say anything because those are the truths." He said before cracking into a laughter. You followed suit and finally feel comfortable around him again.

 

"But..."

 

You look at him and hummed a hmmm?

 

"Thanks for saying that I'm kind-hearted and nice. Though,I know that myself." He said boastfully,earning a punch on his arm from you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So...we're not gonna divorce..?" He asked seriously.

 

"I don't know..." You start as you fidget with your finger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We could give it a try....Our relationship, that is..." He then took your hand in his and smile sweetly at you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Like it? x)

I'm having a major exam this week and next so I will update again..maybe next week? Just updating this today for you guys! :)

Hope you like it. and as always...

 

 

 

 

 

Subscribe and comment!

 

Love ya~