Never Bet

The Daily Life of The Jung Family

Jae opened the door to his shared bedroom tiredly shifting his feet toward his side of the bed. He plopped down face first not bothering to change into his pajamas. He sighed in content as he closed his eyes readying for some much needed sleep when an annoying disturbance filled the room.

"Oh Jae~" His lover sang-song as he walked out of the master bathroom with only a black towel around his waist. He struded towards the bed posing every five seconds like he was a highend fashion model. "Check me out! I'm hot!"

JaeJoong ignored his lover as he was slowly drifting off into a slumber but it was short-lived when Yunho jumped onto the bed causing Jae to move slightly with the matteress. Jae groaned in annoyance but still had his eyes closed attempting to get some sleep.

"Pst~Jae. Hey, Jae." Yunho whispered trying so desperately to get the love of his life to pay attention to him. "Boo Jae~ I'm hungry."

"There's food in the kitchen."

"But I don't want kitchen food." He pouted cutely as his fingertips slowly brushed up against JaeJoong's clothes.

Jae swatted his lover's hands away from him. "I'm tired Yun. Not tonight." He mumbled through a face full of pillow. Yunho pouted.

"Aww but you promised we could have y time tonight! We haven't been intimate for weeks now! Little Yunho is starting to get frustrated." He looked down at himself.

"Yun I had a hard day with the kids. They exhausted me. We can do it another night okay? Now, I'm going to sleep." JaeJoong rolled onto his other side to get comfy and started to drift off when Yunho climbed over his shoulders peering at him. "Go to sleep Yunho."

"You always promise we'll do it another night but we never do cause you are always tired! How hard can it be to babysit three kids! I mean Changmin usually is alseep after he eats well and Yooochun and Junsu play with their toys all day. Doesn't seem that hard of a job."

"Excuse me?" Jae sat up on the bed giving his lover a raised eyebrow in disbelief. "Are you saying that my job isn't hard? What do you think I do all day when you are out working?" He crossed his arms over his chest waiting for the stupidty to come out of his lover's mouth.

"I'm just saying that if you want to talk about hard jobs mine is the hardest. I work as a construction work for crying out loud! I'm surrounded by dust, dirt, sweat and the occasional tears. I work from dusk till dawn if I have too. I'm out in the sun, in the rain and in the snow."

"Yes, Yunho I'm well aware of that and I'm very proud of you for being the sole provider for us all; but, my job as the house caretaker is tough too, it's not all fun and games. I have to cook, clean, do errands, pay the bills, do the laundry and everything else under the sun. You can't compare the two."

"I'm not. All I'm saying is that your job sounds easier. Hell, I'd be happy to be home all day."

JaeJoong raised an eyebrow again. "Oh really? You would huh? You wanna bet?"

"What? Bet?"

"Yeah. Let's bet on it. This Saturday I'm going out the whole day for a much deserved me time and since you are off you can stay at home and take care of everything."

"Come on Jae, that silly."

"You scared? Come on tough man you said you would love to be at home. Now is your chance. You can stay at home all day with the kids but you have to do everything that I would normally do. Let's see if you still think my job isn't hard." JaeJoong put out his hand waiting for Yunho to take on the bet.

Yunho eyed him for a bit contemplating. "Okay, fine. But if I win, which I will, we're gonna have y time with no complaints." Jae rolled his eyes at the y time part. Honeslty is that all he thinks about?

"Is all you think about? Seriously? Fine whatever. If you win we will have anytime you want with no complaints but if I win-" Jae thought for a moment what he would want out of this bet. He normally never wants for anything except for his family to be happy and healthy. But upon more thinking there was something that he always wished he had. "If I win, I want you to admit that my job is just as hard as yours and I want a few hours out of the day to have to myself while you take care of the kids. Deal?"

Yunho nodded and shook hands with his lover. This is going to be a cinch.

Saturday Morning of the Bet

Right at 7am, the family awoke with the cries of baby Minmin who was in dire need of his morning food.

Jae awoke with a start at the cries. He rubbed his eyes as he was about to get up to feed Changmin until he remembered it was his day off. He smirked as he looked over to the shared bed to see a sweet Yunho fast asleep.  He almost felt bad for waking up that sweet, innocent face. "WAKE UP!!" Jae yelled as he shoved Yunho off the bed. Okay maybe not that bad.

Yunho quickly got up from the floor blinking the sleep away. "I'm up! I'm up!"

"Babe, Minmin is hungry. You have to feed him otherwise we are going to have another castrapohe in our hands." JaeJoong pushed a still half asleep Yunho out the bedroom door. "Meanwhile I'm going to get ready to enjoy my day off :D I'm so excited!" He giggied happily as he headed toward the bathroom to take a shower.

Yunho dragged his sleepy self to Changmin's and Yoochun's shared room. As he entered, he noticed Yoochun sitting up on his bed with an annoyed expression written across his sleepy face. "Appa make him stop. Chunnie still sleepy. Don't see why he doesn't sleep with Susu instead."

Yunho didn't say anything to him. "Alright Minmin time for breakfast." Changmin's wailing subsided at the mere mention of breakfast.

"FOOD!!" He gurgled happily as his little arms reached out to his appa to pick him up and feed him.

Yunho carried him to the kitchen and settled him onto his high chair. Changmin banged on his little table with such force that it almost broke. "Food! Food!" Yunho quickly took out an empty bottle and filled it with formula afraid that if he took any longer Minmin's hulk abilities would come out. He shuddered as he shook off the horrible memory.

"Okay. Minmim here you go!"

Changmin took the bottle and within a second of just tasting the formula he made a yuck face and chucked the bottle at Yunho hitting him on his forehead causing a giant red mark to be imprinted onto his lovely tanned skin.

"Minmin! Why did you throw your bottle?! And at me!! Appa!!" Yunho raised his voice slightly in a scolding manner. Changmin began to wail again banging his little hammer-like fists on the table. "Minmin stop!"

"Minmin doesn't like bottle formula!" Yoochun came in with his hands over his ears.

"What? Why not?"

Yoochun shrugged. "Jae umma makes him breakfasts. Egg and potato smashed in tiny pieces so he can swallow it."

Yunho blinked. "Really? And he does this everyday?" Yoochun nodded as he contemplated on whether he should hit his brother to make him stop crying. It was getting on his little nerves.

"Appa make it stop or Chunnie hit!"

Yunho gave him a stern look. "No hitting Chun. But I'll try to hurry. I'm not a great cook though."

As Yunho began to prepare breakfast as fast as he could, JaeJoong was upstairs playing music as he got dressed for his first day out kids free. He was so excited that he didn't know what he wanted to do first.

"Jae umma," Junsu came in, Mr. Fireman in hand, "we going out? I bring Mr. Fireman! :D" He held up his action toy like he was showing off a future lion king.

Jae looked down at his lovely little child, a small smile planted on his rosy, glossed lips. "No Susu, we not going out. Only umma is. It's umma's day off. Appa will be with you today. Now, run along and go bother your appa." JaeJoong hurried him out the bedroom door as he continued to get ready singing along to Selena's La Carcacha. As of late, JaeJoong as been really into Tejano music and Hispanic telenovelas (drama shows) since he met a nice Hispanic nanny at the park when he would take the kids out for their daily exercise.

"Appa!!!" Junsu called out as he walked down the stairs.

Yunho could barely hear him call out due to Changmin's enormous cries of hunger. He hated to admit it but Minmin was getting on his nerves. Was it going to be like this the whole day?

"Aha! Finshed! Okay Minmin! Breakfast time!" Yunho placed down a small plastic plate with a generic cartoon character on it that was covered with the smashed egg and potato. Changmin leered at it and took a sniff before he gulped it down like he hadn't eaten in ages.

O.O! "M-minmin slow down! You'll choke!" Yunho looked at him concerned but knew better than to get in the way of litte Changmin and his food.

Both Yoochun and Junsu sat down on their respective seats waiting for their turn to eat breakfast.

JaeJoong came into the kitchen looking stunning even in the most casual of clothes. He sported black skinny jeans with a few tears here and there with a white, deep V-neck shirt that was partially tucked in from the front and a dark blue jean jacket. His light brown hair was side swept neatly and showed the effort he put into it.

Yunho stood stunned. His eyes continuously wandered every inch of his beloved partner's body.

"Wow."

"Is that a good wow?"

"It's definetly a good wow." Yunho strode to him wrapping his arms around the other's waist bringing him closer to his body. "You look absolutely gorgeous!" He kissed him so deeply that JaeJoong began to feel a little lightheaded from the lack of oxygen.

"EWW!! CHUNNIE'S EYES! THEY BURN!!" Yoochun scrunched up his nose as he covered his eyes in disgust while Junsu giggled as he copied his brother's gestures as well.

"Okay kids, umma is going to be out for the day but appa is going to stay with you guys! So behave and listen to your appa." JaeJoong turned to Yoochun. "I'm especially talking about you mister. Be on your best behavior. Arrachi?"

"Appa gonna play with us all day?! :D" Junsu's eyes widened and gleamed with happiness. He loved his appa but sadly he was always working and never had time to play with him. Yoochun nodded just as happy as his younger brother.

"Yay appa staying with us! We can play!" Yoochun raised his little arms above his head in cheer. Junsu copied him again.

"What do you have planned? Where you going?" Yunho asked as he took Minmin out of his high chair and began to wipe his food-covered body with baby wipes that were on the kitchen counter just for him. Changmin moved his head everywhich way struggling to get out his appa's arms. He didn't liked to be cleaned. "Minmin stop moving! Appa needs to clean you up!"

"Well I'm not too sure yet. But I'm going to hang out with Hyun-Joong and Seunghyun and see what the day brings." JaeJoong noticed his lover struggling with the baby and gave out a small chuckle before he took over.

Yunho watched as Jae finished cleaning up their child with ease like he has been doing this his entire life. JaeJoong gave Changmin's tummy little kisses making him giggle from the ticklish feeling. Yunho smiled adoring the sight. "Wow Hyun-Joong and Seunghyun haven't seen them in years! What have they been up to?" Hyun-Joong was JaeJoong closests friend growing up and have been in contact with each other from time to time. Seunghyun was someone he tutored in .high school and since then became good friends with. In high school JaeJoong was known to be one of the smartest in his class and was a tutor that was most recommended by school faculty.

"I know it really has been so long since I've last hung out with them. Hmm, Hyun-Joong is doing well. He just got promoted to Director in his company so he's been really busy with that. And Seunghyun's doing pretty good too. I believe he and Ji-yong just adopted their first child. Daesung, I believe is the baby's name. I think he is the same age as our little Minmin or younger. Oh, I have a picture he sent me on the day of the adoption!" JaeJoong whipped out his phone scrolling through the endless pictures of his own children until he came upon a photo of an adorable eye-smiling little boy being held by his parents for the first time.

"Aww he's adorable. Love the eye-smile. They all look so happy together. I'm happy for them." Yunho smiled down at the photo on the screen being reminded of the first time they brought home little Yoochun from the hospital. Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin have all been adopted by the two lovers for various reasons.

"They really do look happy. Reminds me of us."

"I want to see! I want to see!" Junsu hopped down from his seat at the table.

"Me too!" Yoochun followed.

"See isn't the baby cute?" JaeJoong showed them the picture.

"Ne!" Junsu agreed.

"He bald." Yoochun stated. Changmin made random noises that could be preceived as agreeing with his brothers.

"Chunnie, don't be rude. He's just growing it slowly." Jae told him as he put the phone in his back pocket. "Okay! It's about time I head out! Oh, babe, where are the keys to the truck?"

"Wah? You're taking the truck? Why not the minivan?" Yunho followed him out toward the front door where they usually kept their keys.

"Because you have the kids and all their stuff is in the minivan. Remember to not let them have juices or snacks in the van without it being in a sippy cup or in safe sealed tight container. Oh, and I have left you a list of errands and chores that need to be done today. I'll check in periodically. Call me if you need anything. But try not to. Love you don't burn down the house. See you at six!" JaeJoong said all he needed to say so rapidly that Yunho was still stuck on the fact that he had to drive the minivan. Before he could utter a word, Jae was already in the truck backing out of their driveway and speeding off leaving small dust trails behind him.

"When is Jae umma coming home." Junsu asked in a slightly sad tone. He has never been apart from JaeJoong since his initial arrivial at his six months (he is currently three years old).

"You already miss umma while I'm still here? That hurt appa's feelings." Yunho pouted as he brought the kids back inside.

"Ani! Susu sorry!" Junsu immediately apologized to his appa seeing the hurt on his face. "I happy appa here! We can play! :D" He hugged his leg and quickly looked at Yoochun to egg him on to grabbing the other leg like they used to when Yunho would come home early and surprise them.

"Oh no, I have two tiny monsters on my legs! I hope they don't eat me!" Yunho played along walking slowly around the living room as his kids laughed holding on tight. However after 20 minutes of trodding around with two semi-heavy toddlers on each of his legs while carrying a one year old who wanted to play monster too by actually biting Yunho's neck and shoulder and feeling his drool dampening his clothes, Yunho was already prespiring and feeling exhausted and it's just an hour in of his long day.

He plopped down onto the couch groaning. He felt a burn in his legs. "Oh my legs. They burn. Welp that's enough for today. Okay, guys get off of appa's legs." To much of their dismay, the kids did as told and sat on either side of him staring up at him waiting.

"What?" He asked looking at both of them quizzically.

"We hungry."

"Oh. What do you want to eat?"

"Cereal!! Lucky Charms!!" They both said in unison.

"Okay that I can do." They all went into the kitchen and once again Yoochun and Junsu sat down on their seats waiting for their breakfast. They were very excited about breakfast today seeing as they got to eat cereal! Normally, JaeJoong would only let them eat cereal once a week due to trying to keep them on a healthy balanced diet and they ate their cereal yesterday. But Yunho had no idea that they weren't supposed to eat it again today.

As the kids ate their cereal eagerly, Yunho looked over the list that JaeJoong had left for him. He groaned seeing the amount of things he had to do. One of which he really didn't want to do- make lunch and dinner. He loathed cooking. He was never good at it and never tried to learn because he had a partner who enjoyed to cook and was really good at it. He lucked out on that. He was also not looking forward to going out with all three children alone. The times they all went out as a family it wasn't too hard to keep them in line but JaeJoong always took care of them more than he. He was more of the backup support but today he was the main caretaker and his own backup support. He was a little worried on how it will go but he was going to give it his best. It can't be worse than working out in heat right?

"Okay guys, go get dressed. We are going out to do some errands." Yoochun and Junsu raced up the stairs trying to beat the other already making a ruckus. He sighed as he saw the empty cereal bowls left abandoned on the dinner table. He wondered if he should call them back and tell them to put their dirty dishes in the sink but then thought against seeing as it wasn’t that big of a deal since he does things like that all the time. He'll let it slide today. "Come on, Minmin let's go get dressed too."

"NO! THAT'S MY SPOT!"

"LIAR!! IT MINE!" Junsu yelled as he settled into his car seat.

"IT'S CHUNNIE'S SPOT!!"

"NU HUH! IT'S SUSUS!! RIGHT APPA!!"

Yunho pinched the bridge of his nose as he got Minmin safely strapped in his car seat after having some trouble figuring out the proper way to strap him in. "It is Susu's Yoochun. Go take your seat." Yoochun pouted as he sat in his car seat. He looked at his brother and stuck his tongue out at him. Junsu did the same gesture back.

"Alright we are heading out." Yunho stated as he started the minivan.

"WAIT!! SUSU NEEDS TO PEE!!" Junsu screamed suddenly startling everyone.

"CHUNNIE TOO!!"

Yunho sighed again and turned off the car unbuckling everyone and opening the door for them to go to the restroom. After a few mintues, they all came back out, still bickering but this time about Junsu bringing his action toy and Yoochun wanted to bring his monster truck but wasn't led back into the house. He started to have a mini tantrum on the driveway.

"Yoochun! Enough! Get up from the ground!" Yunho snapped.

Yoochun stopped startled but only for a second until he began to cry because he was yelled at. Yunho panicked not knowing what to do. JaeJoong usually handled these types of situations a lot better. "Don't cry Chunnie. Appa is sorry for yelling at you. I shouldn't have." He got down to his child's eye level. "Can you forgive appa for his mistake?"

Yoochun sniffled wiping his snot with the back of his hand. He nodded slightly. "Ne Chunnie forgive appa. But can Chunnie have his monster truck now?" After making him cry, Yunho didn't have the heart to say no. Yoochun smiled brightly as he ran back inside and retrieve his beloved monster truck.

"Okay, are we all set? Ready to go?" He asked as he peered at them from his position in the driver's seat. They nodded. "No one needs to go pee? No more toys?" They nodded again content with the amount of toys they brought into the minivan. He didn't know how one toy would escalate to five different toys and stuffed animals for each child. It's no wonder Jae never allows any of them to bring anything in the car.

"Okay, off we go!"