Never Leave a Fridge Empty

The Daily Life of The Jung Family

Jae got up early one morning and decided to get a drink of water. When he opened the fridge, to his horror, he noticed that it was empty. Oh no…

He quickly closed the fridge door and ran to his shared bedroom. “Yunho! Yunho wake up!” He shook the sleeping man’s arm but to no avail did it work.

“Aish! Yunho get your up now!” Jae jumped on top of Yunho and elbowed his ribs till the man finally woke up.

“WHAT THE HELL?! JAE I’M SLEEPING! WHY DID YOU HIT ME?!”

“SHHHHH!! You are going to wake the kids.” He placed his hand over Yunho’s mouth to quiet him.

Yunho gazed at the alarm clock and sighed, “Babe it’s three in the morning what do you want?” He muttered under Jae’s hand.

“I went to the kitchen to get some water. I opened the fridge and it was empty!” Jae squeaked the last sentence.

Yunho gave him a look of so-what as he removed the hand that blocked his breathing. “Ok? And this is why you had to elbow me? By the way you are a lot stronger than you look, that hurt.” He rubbed his sides hoping the slight sting would evaporate.

“You are not listening to me!!” Jae smacked Yunho’s hands, “the fridge is EMPTY!! EMPTY!!”

Yunho sat up thinking about it, then it dawned on him; his eyes grew wide in horror, “this is bad! This is very bad!”

“That’s what I’m saying! We need to do something! Quick!”

“Like what?”

“Go buy food!!”

“Are you out of your mind? It’s three in the morning! Nothing is opened right now!!”

“Well we have to do something!! I am NOT going to deal with him waking up to find that there is no food! You HEAR me!! I am not going through that again!!” Jae panicked more with just the thought of his child going bananas because of the lack of food.

“Jae, Jae you need to calm down,” Yunho placed his hands on top of his lover’s shoulders trying to soothe him, “we’ll figure something out okay? As soon as one of the stores opens I’ll go buy as much as I can, no need to worry. I got you babe.”

“Ok, fine, but you better not take long this time!! If you even so much as pass an hour, I swear to Buddha that you will not have any Jae time for three months!”

“T-three months?! But baby!”

“No, buts! That is final!” Jae crossed his arms and lay back in bed, although his sleep evaporated as soon as he found out that there was no food.

Yunho quickly jumped out of bed and began to search for clothes, within five seconds he was ready and heading out the door. “I can’t survive three months without any Jae time!”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to find a store that is opened! I don’t care if I have to break in to get it! I’ll do anything to get Jae time!” Yunho closed the door behind him leaving Jae to chuckle to himself, “that’s my man.”

Later on in the day

“Wah! Wah! Wah!” Changmin’s cries were increasing with each passing moment; he was up pretty early due to his stomach hurting.

“There, there Minmin don’t cry umma is here.” Jae cooed the crying child as he gently padded his back, rocking him in his arms.

“It hwuts! Wah~!” Changmin’s nose oozed green boogers that dripped down to Jae’s wife beater. He could feel the slimy stickiness but didn’t care; all he wanted was for his baby to feel better.

“I know how to make it go away!” He took Changmin to the kitchen and placed him in his highchair, securing it. Then he went to a cabinet and took out a box along with getting a small pan and filling it with hot water and set it on the stove top to boil. Once the water was hot enough, Jae grabbed a packet from the box and dumped it into the water several times until the water became a brownish color then he poured it into a bottle.

“Here you go Minmin this should help with your tummy ache.” He handed Changmin the baby bottle, “its té de manzana it’s good for you ^^”

Changmin stared at his umma for a second wandering what in the world he just said but his curiosity for it left when he the bottle.

Jae smiled and ruffled Changmin’s hair, “eres un lindo bebé! O.o Man I really have got to stop watching those Spanish soap operas.” He shook his head laughing at himself.

Just then, the front door swooshed opened indicating that Yunho had come a minute before passing an hour with giant bags filled to the rim with ‘food.’

“Oh, you brought food! I’M SAVED!!” Jae clapped his hands relieved that he wouldn’t have to suffer today.

“Hey saved, can you help me with these bags? I’m mean I know I’m strong and all but these bags are heavier than they look.” Yunho stumbled in, tripping over toys that the children left from their last play day.

“Sorry dear,” Jae ran to help his lover. He peered into the bag he was carrying, “what did you get?”

“Food, what else?” Yunho started to unpack the ‘food’ putting them away.

Jae took out a box from the bag and inspected it, “this does not look like food.”

“What do you mean?” Yunho went toward his lover and peered over his shoulder to see the blue box Jae was holding.

“Look at it, it’s not even food! Their nails! You expect my baby to eat that?! Where the hell did you go? A hardware store?! Yunho we can’t cook this.”

“That’s not possible! I bought food! I really did! They must have- a realization came to him. “The Gardner!”

“The Gardner?” Jae tilted his head looking puzzled.

“YES! The Gardner switched our bags! Dam that evil son of a !”

“HEY! LANGUAGE!” Jae hit Yunho’s arm. “And how did the Gardner switch your bags?”

“I was on my way out when I saw someone in trouble, so being the hero that I am, I ran to him placing my groceries on the floor and helped him up. And while I helped up the old man, a Gardner who was tending to the bushes that were in front of the store, ran passed me holding something. I just didn’t pay attention as to what he was holding.”

“Okay so let me get this straight, you helped an elderly, which by the way I’m proud that you helped, then an unknown Gardner stole our food and replaced it with nails?”

Yunho nodded.

“Next you’re going to tell me that Bigfoot stole our car.”

Yunho bit his lip, “well…”

Jae glared at his lover, “Yunho.”

Yunho let out a chuckle, “okay, okay relax baby. I’ll just go and buy more food. No big deal.”

“It IS a big deal! Yun, we can’t afford to buy more food! We can barely make enough to pay the bills!” Jae began to pace back and forth in the small kitchen, a sign that he was getting worried. “How the hell are we going to feed the kids?!”

“We could send them to military school that way we have more money for us.” Yunho joked but Jae obviously didn’t like it. “I’m sorry.”

“This isn’t a joking matter Yun, I’m serious. You know how he gets when he hasn’t eaten.” Jae was referring to the adorable child that was staring at them with his big brown-hazel eyes.

“Food?” He asked as he tapped his stomach as it growled.

“Uh oh…” the lovers’ said in unison.

“Food?” He repeated tilting his head waiting to be fed.

“Uh…I’m sorry Minmin…th-there isn’t any food because your APPA,” Jae glowered looking at the tall man beside him, “brought home nails instead.”

“Hey, I bought the food! I was just robbed! Not my fault! I blame the old man for falling!” Yunho crossed his arms in defense.

“No food?” Changmin’s voice quavered, his big round eyes becoming watery as he looked up at his parents. It felt like his entire world collapsed within just that moment of hearing those horrible two words.

“Minmin…don’t cry…please. Here.” Jae tried to find something for his baby to eat. He searched the empty fridge, all the cabinets; until he came across a can of red beats. “Eat this.”

He placed the bowel with the red beats in front of Changmin hoping that he would like them.

Changmin stared at them for a while, smelled them; picked one up, sticking out his small pink tongue; the tip of his tongue tasting the red beat and he scrunched his face as if he just whiffed his own diaper.

“Blech!” He threw the beat on the floor and flipped the table causing it to turn over making the bowel to break and the beats splatter everywhere.

“FOOD~! WAH~!”

Jae jumped back at the sudden action his youngest child did.

“Jae!” Yunho grabbed hold of his lover’s arm pulling him towards his embrace to make sure that the shattering of the shards did not harm him. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine but Minmin isn’t..”

“MINMIN WANT FOOD NOW!!!!” Changmin’s tiny voice boomed shaking the whole house.

Yunho’s eyes widened at how aggressive his child was becoming. “I’ve never seen him like this.”

“Of course you haven’t, you are never around to see it.” Jae said as he thought of something quick before it got more out of hand.

“Umma what was that noise?” Junsu came in looking around.

“What’s with all the loudness? I’m trying to sleep.” Yoochun came as well standing beside Junsu yawning.

“Is Minmin hungry?”

“Obviously doofus!” Yoochun hit the back of his brother’s head.

“Owie,” Junsu rubbed the back of his head, “should we go hide in the tub?”

“FOOOOODD~! NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW~!” Changmin’s whaling was so loud that the neighboring dogs started to bark and howl.

The children covered their ears and shut their eyes seeing how hulk Minmin as Yoochun calls him was coming out.

“Oh this is bad. This is very bad.” Jae held onto his lover’s arm tightly watching his baby transform into a mini monster.

“It gets worse?” Yunho asked slightly afraid of his own child.

“Oh, you have no idea.”

Changmin kept banging on his high chair nonstop and yelling at the top of his lungs. “MINMIN HUNGWY!!!! RAWR!!!”

“MAKE IT STOP!!” Yoochun yelled still covering his ears.

“What do we do?!” Yunho panicked not knowing what to do since he has never seen this side of his son before due to trying to get food on the table-well the now broken table.

Jae sighed rubbing his temples. He headed toward the cabinets once again and tried to come up with a decent meal; they don’t call him the master chef for nothing.

Once he finished concocting something, he handed it to Changmin who inspected it with his nose. He had a sly smile before attacking the mysterious meal.

“Yummy!!” He smiled wide; bits of crumbs were all over his face. After finishing it, Changmin went back to his adorable state; smiling and giggling.

“FINALLY!” Yoochun removed his hands from his ears while his brother did the same and nodded in agreement.

Jae smiled relieved that he put an end to the rage of his baby. “I’m glad my Minmin enjoyed it.” He ruffled his hair.

Yunho blinked amazed at how his hulk of a child ready to destroy a city quickly became a tamed beast under the smell of a mysterious meal. “What did…what did you feed him?!”

Jae turned to his dumbfounded lover chuckling at his face, “they don’t call me a master chief for nothing you know. I just did what any chef would do, create something from scraps and turn it into an amazing meal.”

“I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, babe you are amazing! I do not know how you do it!” Yunho kissed his lover’s cheek wrapping his arms around him while Jae giggled.

“Ew, that’s gross.” Yoochun made a stinky face watching his parents acting lovey dovey.

Junsu just giggled and skipped to the living room to play, Yoochun followed close behind, not wanting to see his parents being gross.

As Jae went to tuck in their three lovely, yet troublesome, children to bed after a long day of the maknae’s hulkness and Yoochun and Junsu’s fighting, he went back to the kitchen to clean up the mess his son made. He sighed seeing the once clean and tidy kitchen turn into a pigsty.

“I can’t believe that Minmin is this strong!” Yunho came in eyeing the damage he did. The dining table was broken in half; the chairs were flipped all over the place as well as glass shards spread across the floor.

“Shows how much you miss.” Jae began to broom. “Watch the glass.”

Yunho felt a bit bad hearing those words coming from his love but it was true. He doesn’t do it on purpose; someone had to be the breadwinner. “I’m sorry…” He mumbled.

“For what? It’s not your fault.”

“I know, but I’m always missing things. I don’t even hang out with my boys. I feel so bad. I’m a horrible father!” He cried.

Jae looked at him, “Yun, it’s okay; we understand. You work hard to maintain us all. The boys love you and so do I.”

Yunho nodded slightly and helped his lover in cleaning up the damage.

Once they finished, the two lovers cuddled up under the blankets ready for bed.

“I love you babe.” Yunho kissed Jae.

“Love you too Yun.”

“Jae, who do you think Minmin got his massive strength from?” Yunho asked curiously while gently caressing his lover’s arm.

Jae thought for a moment before answering, “I don’t really know. You probably. You are the strongest.”

“Yeah that’s true, but so are you even though you don’t look like it.”

Jae smirked, “it’s all part of the deception.”

“Oh?” Yunho raise an eyebrow at his lover.

“Mhm.” Jae turned to his side, his back facing Yunho as he began to fall to fall asleep.

“How interesting. Maybe I don’t everything about you. But I will. Night love.” He kissed Jae’s cheek before wrapping his arms around him to bring him closer to his body. He fit perfectly well by Jae’s side. It didn’t take long for them to fall asleep.

The next morning

“WAHHHHHHHH~!” the parents abruptly jumped out of their bed at the sudden horrific whaling.

“What the hell is that?! Are we being under attack?!” Yunho yelled getting up from the floor.

Jae got up as well rubbing his bottom, “I know that whaling sound anywhere, it’s Changmin.”

“Why is he crying like that?”

“He is probably hungry.” Just then Jae realized that they still didn’t have any food in the house and he used all the scraps that were left to feed the maknae. His eyes widened.

“Yunho….”

“Hm?” He looked up at him.

“The fridge is still empty…” He said slowly scared.

O.O Yunho’s eyes widened as well. They both immediately ran out the door, pushing one another, trying to beat the other to the front door to buy food; neither of them wanted to deal with hulk Minmin a second time.


That just goes to show never leave a fridge empty especially if you have a hulk child :o ok so te de manzana is spanish for apple tea which is good for tummy aches ^^ and eres un lindo bebe is also spanish for you are such a cute baby ^^ Jae really needs to stop watching those telenovelas lol ay Jae haha. Does anyone else picture him as a round mexican lady wearing a frilly pink apron? no? just me? ok then lol well n e ways I hope you guys enjoyed it ^^

-MinniMoon