Yoochun's First Learning Experience

The Daily Life of The Jung Family

"Oppa~!" ChaeRin jumped and tackled her brother in a bear hug nearly causing him to fall backwards. "I missed you soooo much~!" She kept squeezing him until Yunho turned different shades of blue and purple.

"APPA IS A WHALE!!" Yoochun pointed and laughed at Yunho who tried to recompose himself as ChaeRin let go of him.

"FREE WILLY?! :D" Junsu added with a twinkle in his eye. He liked Free Willy.

ChaeRin giggled as she fixed her shirt that rode up when she hugged her brother. "Mian oppa, I got a little carried away."

"Just a little bit. So, how have you been? It's been a long time." Yunho asked as he brought his sister's bags inside the house. ChaeRin came to visit her dear brother and beloved family for the week since they lived in different cities and although the drive to and from their homes was not long, they just didn’t have the time to actually visit one another.

ChaeRin nodded, "it has been a while. I've been doing fine, nothing new." She pouted a bit. "Appa and Eomma wanted to come too but I told them that I was coming for matters of work and besides that Appa wanted to go fishing with his buddies over the weekend."

Yunho breathed out a sigh of relief knowing that his parents were not coming. "That's good."

"Yeah, too bad. I wanted Eomma to embarrass you with your baby photos again like she did the first time you brought JaeJoong oppa home. That was hilarious."

Yunho grimaced at the remembrance. “That was horrible. I wanted to crawl in a whole and die.” 

“I should have brought some of the pictures with me and showed them to the kids! Oh man!” ChaeRin whined and pouted more. 

Her brother glared at her. “No you shouldn’t have. I would have taken those photos, burned them, and kicked you out.”

“Oh come on, it would have been a nice family bonding moment! Don’t be such a sour puss~” ChaeRin booped her brother’s nose.

“You seriously want me to kick you out right?” Yunho asked her with a dead serious face. 

ChaeRin rolled her eyes. “Anyways, I got those little candies you like to eat. You know, the ones with the melted chocolate and nuts inside it. I got the big box too! It’s in my bag.” She pulled out a square box from her bag immediately catching Yunho’s gleaming eye.

He beamed as he quickly grabbed the box and began to open it. “Yes! Thanks! I’ve been dying for some of these lately! It that they don’t have them in our local store.” Yunho unwrapped a chocolate ball savoring it as the chocolate mixed with nuts melted in his mouth. He let out a little moan of bliss. “Ugh, how I missed you! I owe you sis.”

ChaeRin smiled, “Yes, yes you do and I know how.”

Yunho raised an eyebrow at his sister, his eyeing her suspiciously. "Alright what do you want?"

ChaeRin thought for a moment as her brother sat down on the couch followed by his two eldest children- Junsu sitting on his lap while Yoochun sat next to him. "Hmmm..." A smirk spread across her lips as she already knew what she wanted. " I want....him!" ChaeRin pointed to Jae and Changmin who just came from the kitchen.

"Eh? You want Changmin? That's fine with me. You can have him, but I have to warn you that he eat's A LOT and when he is hungry and he doesn't get fed, he will destroy your house." Yunho pointed out the obvious flaw that his baby had.

ChaeRin shook her head, "ani, ani not Minmin. I want JaeJoong oppa! :D"

"WHAT?!" Yunho shot straight up causing Junsu to fall and hit his head on the floor.

"Owie..." Junsu's eyes teared up as the stinging pain grew.

Yoochun who was safely seated on the couch looked down at his brother laughing at him.

"You can't have him! You can have the kids but Jae is off limits!" Yunho grabbed Jae bringing him close to his chest protecting him while baby Minmin was trapped in between them, suffocating. Yunho, obviously, ignored his poor children who were in pain-one from getting pushed to the floor and the other being trapped with no oxygen to breath.

"Yunho!" Jae wiggled out of his lover's grasp and smacked the back of his head with his free hand.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Yunho pouted rubbing the back of his head.

"For neglecting the kids! And being an idiot! You dropped Junsu! He could have been seriously hurt! And Minmin was suffocating!" Jae scolded as he bent down to check on his poor baby.

"On second thought, you can have him.." Yunho mumbled but quickly took it back as Jae gave him a glare.

ChaeRin laughed shaking her head. "Just like oppa to ignore everyone that is not JaeJoong oppa! Hahaha. I was kidding, I don't want JaeJoong oppa I was just curious as to what you would do if I said that and now that I know, I won't do it again." She turned to Jae and bowed slightly, "mianhe Jae oppa for my brother's idioticness." She bent down beside Jae and looked at Junsu who was sniffling a bit. "Mianhe Susu. Are you okay?"

Junsu nodded still sniffling. "Neh, noona. Susu okay."

ChaeRin smiled and ruffled his hair. "That's good. Now, where is CL noona's hug!" She opened her arms for Junsu to hug her. She squeezed him and gave him a big kiss on his cheek. Junsu giggled mimicking her actions. "Aigoo~! You are so cute!" When she let go of Junsu, her gaze went to Yoochun who was still sitting on the couch.

Yoochun's eyes widen a bit knowing that he was going to be next. Just before ChaeRin could attack Yoochun into a hug, the boy quickly jumped from the couch and ran away. "Nooo~!"

"Come on Yoochun~ where is CL noona's hug~!" She said with arms spread out as she chased Yoochun around the living room.

"NOOO~! YOU NEVER CATCH MEEEE~!" Yoochun yelled as he dodged ChaeRin's attempts of catching him, running up the stairs to hide.

"Okay....you win...I'm just going to sit...." ChaeRin panted lightly as she plopped onto the couch trying to catch her breath. "Phew~! That boy can run! I'm tired! Man, I need to exercise! Starting today, I am on a diet!"

"Who wants spicy chicken and rice~!" Jae sangsong by the kitchen doorway.

ChaeRin quickly jumped up and ran to the kitchen pushing her brother out the way,"MOVE!" Jae immediately stepped aside to let ChaeRin into the kitchen to avoid her from pushing him as well.

"What happened to your diet?" Yunho came in rubbing his elbow while the rest of the family came in behind him.

"Diet shmaiet! Hey, are you going to eat that?" ChaeRin asked as she took a piece of fried mandu (dumpling) off of little Changmin's plate- big mistake.

"RWAR!!! MINEEEE!!!!" Minmin roared as he smacked ChaeRin's hand away from his plate ultimately causing the little mandu to fall to the ground. He growled up at her, eyes emitting an evil death glare as he protectively hovered his food. No one, NO ONE, touches Changmin's food, that's a lesson that the whole family learned- the hard way.

"Alright, alright. You don't have to roar at me. Geez." ChaeRin exclaimed as she began to stuff her face once again.

"Oh my~ look at you two!" Jae said with an amused yet disgusted smile.

ChaeRin and Changmin both looked up in unison, their faces completely covered in the spicy sauce with bits and pieces of white rice, mandu crumbs and vegetables.

Yunho and Yoochun looked horrified while Jae and Junsu seemed amused at the sight.

"Hold it! I wanna take a picture!" Jae said as he quickly left to find his camera.

"What are you a caveman?" Yunho asked as he shook his head taking a seat far away from the too food monsters.

"Shuutouup!" ChaeRin shot back, mouth filled with food. Yunho rolled his eyes taking a sip of water just as Jae came back holding his camera.

"I'm back~! Now, say spicy chicken~!"

"CHEKIN~!" Minmin and his noona both smiled, their cheeks puffing out like squirrels as Jae snapped a picture laughing at it.

"Haha~that is definitely going on the scrapbook!"

The family dinner was filled with laughter, the occasional shared stories that Yunho and ChaeRin told to embarrass one another and of course the fighting between the brothers- what more could a person ask for?

"Thanks for the delicious meal JaeJoong oppa~ :D I'm stuffed!" ChaeRin patted her stomach as she sat on the couch.

Jae chuckled, "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

"Yeah, you ate the whole entire platter." Yunho snorted sitting next to his lover.

"Yah, I did not! Minmin helped! You make me sound like a fatbutt! D:<"

"You are a fatbutt!! You ate everything!" Yunho pointed at his sister and threw his arm in the air and over his head to make emphasis.

ChaeRin gasped and stuck her tongue out like a child. "Oh yeah! Well, you're a thumbsucker!"

O: Yunho gasped as well. "I am not!"

"Are too! Thumbsucker!"

"Fatbutt!"

Jae and his three children watched as Yunho and ChaeRin argued back and forth. Their heads moved from one person to another, it was as if they were watching a tennis match- but much more interesting.

"How old are you guys again?" Jae interrupted with a chuckle.

"He started it!" ChaeRin pointed to Yunho.

"Nu-huh! You did!"

>:P ChaeRin stuck her tongue out at her brother.

>:P Yunho did the same.

Junsu tugged on Jae's sleeve and looked up at him. "Jae umma, dey fight." He pointed at the two sibilings that were still going at it.

Jae chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes, Susu they fight just like you and Chunnie." Junsu nodded in agreement as he continued to watch the supposed adults, fight.

"So, ChaeRin," Jae interrupted again to make them stop there silly bickering, "how long will you be staying with us? That is if you are."

"Huh? Oh, just for a week is all ^^ and I don't have anywhere else to go. So I hope you don't mind me staying here for the week." ChaeRin gave a sheepish smile.

"Not at all! You are family! You can stay as long as you like ^^"

"What? Uh no, only for the week and then you gotta leave." Yunho pointed to her then to the door.

"Yunho, don't be rude. She is your family." Jae said.

"Family, shmamily. If she stays here for more than a week, we will run out of food twice as fast! Did you not see the way she eats?! She's like chewbacca! But bigger!" Yunho extended his arms to the side to make his point that his sister was huge and continued with making the chewbacca cry followed by attacking the air, seeming like he was attacking food.

"She's going to be like BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! -makes horrible food attacking sounds to make his point- It's bad enough we have a mini hulk. We don't need a freakin' chewbacca. This ain't no circus."

ChaeRin gasped and threw a pillow at her brother. "Well, I never~!" She quickly stood up and ran up the stairs to the spare bedroom she was going to stay for the week and slammed the door hard causing the house to shake a bit.

The living room was quiet for a moment before Jae glared and hit his lover.

"Did you have to be so mean?"

"What? I'm just telling the truth."

"Yun, you crossed the line. Didn't you see how upset you made her?"

Yunho rolled his eyes. "Oh please, she'll get over it. I was just joking. She can stay as long as she wants, just as she doesn't eat the entire fridge. That's Minmin's job. Isn't that right Minmin." Changmin giggled and clapped his hands as Yunho made little fart noises in his tiny chest making him giggle. "Whose my little hulky? Hmm? Whose my little hulky wulky? You are! Yes, you are!"

JaeJoong shook his head and went up the stairs to check on his sister-in-law. "Chae? Are you okay?" He asked concerned. He heard rustling and slight movement but nothing more.

"Don't take what Yun said to heart. He is an idiot. He didn't mean it."

"I know. It's okay Jae oppa. You don't have to be worried I'm fine." She sniffled a bit from behind the door.

"Alright then. Well if you need anything you can call me okay?"

There was a bit of silence before a reply, "okay. Thanks Jae oppa. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Night."

"Night."

Next couple of days

ChaeRin just came out of the bathroom when Yoochun went rushing in not wanting ChaeRin to notice him and become her pinching doll again. When he was a baby ChaeRin always pinched his cheeks because they were chubby and adorable or in ChaeRin's terms 'chubdorable.' Now, that Yoochun was a bit older and able to run, he took as many opportunties as he could to ignore her tatics. She wasn't going to get him with her pinching claws anymore.

He hopped onto the tiny stool that stood by the bathroom sink and the hot water. "Wah!" He quickly on his burnt finger looking angerily at the faucet. "Bad water! No burning Chunnie!" He scanned the white porcelain sink and spotted a red toothbrush, grabbing it, Yoochun threw it toward the water faucet as revenge. Unfortunately, the impact of the lightweight toothbrush didn't do much damage. A small little 'thump' was heard as the toothbrush landed insided the garbage can. Yoochun peered over the trashcan and spotted the toothbrush.

"Uh oh." He jumped down from the stool and went toward the trashcan. He picked up the toothbrush, looked around to make sure no one was watching, and placed it back in its original place.

He looked back down into the trashcan and saw a box with the inscription 'Maxi Pads' on it. He tilted his head trying to understand what the big white letters said but couldn't come up with an answer. He threw it to the side when he noticed a stained tissue in the garbage. Yoochun picked it up with two fingers and stared at it. It was a new object that he has never seen before. "Blood?" He stared at it for a moment longer when it dawned on him that it must've belonged to ChaeRin.

His eyes widened as he let go of the used napkin letting it fall back into the trashcan. "Dinner~" He heard Jae say. Yoochun quickly washed his hands and ran down stairs before his baby brother had the chance to eat it all.

Durning dinner time, Yoochun kept sideglancing at his noona as she was having a who-can-eat-the-fastest contest against Changmin and to no one's surprise he was winning, of course. He still had the sight of blood on his mind and had concluded that CL noona was dying. He suddenly felt bad for avoiding her pinching claws.

Jae noticed the odd silence coming from his eldest child which was suspicious seeing as he has never been this quite unless he has done something wrong. "Chunnie," he looks at him, "are you okay? You're quite." 

"Ne Jae umma, Chunnie okay." He smiled then went back to sideglancing ChaeRin. 

"Noona. Can you read me a bedtime story?" Yoochun suddenly asked out of the blue once dinner was over and everyone was sitting and talking in the living room while the kids were playing on the floor. 

All three adults looked flabberghasted and looked at Yoochun in shock. "You want me to read to you?? Really?? Why?" Yoochun has never asked ChaeRin to read to him despite her attempts at doing so everytime she came to visit. 

JaeJoong went toward his child and sat down next to him on the floor concern b on his face. Okay, something must definetly be wrong for him to ask to be read by Chae. "Chunnie are you sure you are okay? If anyting is wrong you know you can tell umma right?"

Yoochun looked between his Jae umma and CL noona with tears welling up at the corners of his eyes. He knew something his appa and umma didn't. Noona was gonna die soon and it was up to him to tell them the tragic news. 

"CL noona gonna die!!!" He suddenly blurted out.

"WHAT? I DON'T WANT NOONA TO DIE!! D:" Junsu yelled as he started to form tears. "Noona not gonna die right??" He went toward ChaeRin who was taken aback by this. 

"Chunnie what makes you think I'm going to die?" ChaeRin asked as she tried to soothe a crying Junsu. "Shh, don't cry Susu. Noona is not going to die. I promise."

Yoochun sniffled as he prepared to tell them how he made the discovery. 

"Chunnie went to wash his hands and the water burned me and then I throw toothbrush as revenge but then it fell in trashcan-" 

"Wait, what toothbrush? It wasn't the red one was it?" Yunho asked looking at his son. Yoochun nodded. Yunho gagged in reflex. "That's my toothbrush! How did you get it from our room??"

"That's my bad oppa. I forgot to bring an extra one so I borrowed yours. I needed to clean my white sneakers. ^^;" ChaeRin chippered in sheepshily. 

"WHAT??"

"I was going to get you a new one! I swear!"

"I USED IT THIS MORNING!! UGHUUGHUGH!!" Yunho gagged more at the mere thought of using his old, dirty, trashcan covered toothbrush. "I'M GONNA DIE!! I'M GONNA DIE!!"

"WHAT??" Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin yelled in unison- well Changmin made a sad gurgling sound that could have sounded very much like the word. 

JaeJoong slapped the back side of his partner's head for his stupidity. "Don't say such things in front of the kids! Look! You scared them!" 

"But- but- I USED it." Yunho's face changed to a slightly green in color. 

"First noona and now appa? Who gonna die now?" Yoochun asked tears streaming down his chubby little cheeks. He was so heartbroken that he was going to lose two people at the same time. One from loss of blood and the other from dirty, trashcan toothbrush. 

"No, no Chunnie no one is going to die. Don't worry." JaeJoong said cooingly as he patted Yoochun's back lovingly before grabbing him and placing him on his lap. "Now continue your story hon."

Yoochun sniffled again. "Chunnie grabbed toothbrush from trashcan and placed it back on sink. But then a box with pretty colors caught my eye but I can't read the big words. I don't know what it means. Then-" Yoochun abrubtly stopped trying to gather courage to reveal the horrible part. "Then Chunnie saw a tissue and, and…it had CL noona's blood on it!! It was a lot!! Noona gonna die from no blood!! WAH~!!! NOONA DON'T DIE! CHUNNIE WILL BE SAD IF YOU DIE!! I'M SORRY FOR NOT LIKING THE PINCHING CLAW!! YOU CAN PINCH ME ANYTIME NOW!! WAAAHHH~!!" 

Yoochun broked down as he finished his horrible discovery. The room went silent, for like a second until the other two childeren began wailing as well. 

"Blood?" Both Yunho and JaeJoong looked puzzled for a few seconds before it dawned on them on what Yoochun had witnessed. ChaeRin burst out laughing first followed by the other two adults.

"Omo! I didn't think anyone would go snooping in the bathroom trashcan! I should have wrapped it better! My bad." ChaeRin laughed finding it hilarious. "Chunnie, CL noona is not going to die. The blood you saw doesn't mean I'm going to die."

"It doesn’t? But in movies when people die they have lots of blood coming out."

"And how do you know that?" Jae questioned.

"Appa showed me. There lot of bad people in those movies. They all die from blood. That's what appa said. Right appa?" Yoochun looked at his appa for confirmation.

Yunho stood rigid as if any movement would be dangerous. "Uuhhh…"

"You. Showed. Him. Violent. Movies?? ARE YOU INSANE??" JaeJoong yelled threw gritted teeth, anger seeping out from every word. Yunho gulped terrified. He was in whole world of trouble now. Oh no, now I'm really going to die. He said to himself. 

"W-wait a minute Jae! It's not what you think! I would never deliberlately show them those kind of movies! Well at least not now anyway. I was watching Mafia Gangsta 3 one night when everyone was asleep and I didn't know he was there! He just sat there on the sofa while I was too into the movie! It's not my fault I swear!" 

Jae sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. ChaeRin shook her head disapprovalingly. "Honestly, oppa." 

Yunho shrunk into himself in shame. 

Junsu noticed the sadness in his appa and went trolling up to him and patted his head lovingly and gave him his best bright smile. (He had left from Yunho's lap a while ago to play with his action figure). Yunho couldn't help but smile. "Thank you Susu. Appa feels much better now." He gave him a kiss on his forehead and placed him on his lap.

"So no one gonna die?" Yoochun asked for what felt like the nth time. He just wanted to know if something was going to happen or not but it seemed like the adults didn’t want to tell him.

All three of them looked at each other. ChaeRin looked at them to know if it was okay with them to tell Yoochun the truth. "Go ahead, Chae. It's okay."

"Are you sure, Jae? Isn't he too young to know this kind of stuff yet? I mean he is only four" Yunho interjected. 

"We can't lie to him. We are trying to raise them to trust us and to not lie. He's going to find out about it eventually. And it's not like we are going to go into detail." JaeJoong replied although he also felt his baby was still too young for this kind of stuff.

ChaeRin nodded in agreement. "Chunnie, noona not gonna die. The blood you saw is normal for girls." 

"Why?" 

"Well, when you get older your body starts to change and for girls we start to bleed. It's a perfectly normal thing to happen." 

Yoochun nodded seeming to understand. "Am I gonna bleed too? When I older?"

"No honey, it's just girls."

Yoochun stood quite for a moment trying to process what he has been told. Once he seemed to understand that no one was going to die today he felt much better. "Oh okay! Chunnie understands!"

The three adults sighed in relief. "Good I'm glad! Now how about that bedtime story?"

Yoochun shook his head. "Chunnie doesn't want bedtime story."

"But why did you ask me earlier?" 

"Because CL noona was gonna die then but now you not so no bedtime story. Chunnie gonna go play with his toys now." Yoochun got out of Jae's lap and ran up the stairs to his room with Junsu trodding along. "Wait Susu too! I wants to play!"

"Why does it feel like I have been duped. I feel abandoned now." ChaeRin pouted. "To think he only wanted me to read to him because he thought I was dying. Maybe I should die then maybe he'll give me his attention more." 

"Welcome to parenthood, Chae. Where you can feel loved and abandonded all at the same time." JaeJoong said as he patted her shoulder gently. 

As the night strolled in, Jae and Yunho got ready for bed after placing the three kids into theirs. "What a day huh? I still can't believe Yoochun's first learning experience about periods was when he was four years old. I hope he's not traumatized by this."

"Don't worry about it too much Jae, Yoochun is a tough boy. He didn't seemed traumtized at all. And besides he's going to be well educated when he's older and encounters the wonders of puberty. We will make sure he becomes one of those boys that will not be grossed out or tease a girl for being on her period. They will all be gentlmen." Yunho smiled proudly at the thought of his children growing up into young adults. 

Jae nodded in agreement. "Yes they will ^^ I can't wait to see it.