Dressing Up

Switching Princesses

 

The prime minister took advantage of my confusion and ordered his security to drag me out of my own house. I was ‘gently’ thrown inside the black limousine and transported me to a five star hotel. All the while I was feeling queasy, uncomfortable, though the prime minister tried to make me feel at ease.

 

Well, how can I feel at ease? The crown prince of South Korea trespassed in my house together with his intimidating bodyguards and wanted me out of the country. And then the prime minister shows up and calls me Bingung, and then drags me out of my house without explaining anything.

 

One thing’s for sure though; my long dead grandmother has something to do with this, one way or another.

 

We’ve reached a very classy and gorgeous hotel. Xiumin and I was led inside by the prime minister; we sat by the chairs at the lobby while the prime minister walked up to the reception. I looked around: the place was decorated by jade vases, (I’m guessing those are from Qing Dynasty, which means, old and precious and pricey). The colours are neutral: black for the tables, customized couches and beige marble floors.

 

This is the type of places that I have been but never have been comfortable. After a few minutes, the prime minister came back and sat on the couch across.

 

“The Queen has already prepared the room and you will wait there.”

 

My eyes rounded on the title I heard. Queen?

 

“Q..que…queen?” I stuttered. “The Queen of this country?”

 

He nodded. “You haven’t met her before?” the prime minister asked, smiling, amused.

 

Of course I haven’t, personally. What a stupid question.

 

I shot a glance at Xiumin and saw that he’s as shock as I am.

 

“But we can’t present you to the Queen wearing your school uniform.” The prime minister stood up and signalled to one of the hotel’s staff. Am I going to play Cinderella tonight?

 

The woman, few inches shorter than me bowed and motioned me to follow. I looked at Xiumin and the prime minister. “Come on, quickly, follow her. The Queen will be arriving soon.” Xiumin and I stood up and started following the hotel staff.

 

“Mr. Kim, you can follow the other staff. He’ll help you change too.” I looked back at Xiumin. He too, was still in his uniform and it would be really inappropriate to meet the Queen dressed that way. He nodded at me, like he was telling me that we’ll meet again.

 

The hotel staff led me at the 11th floor. We entered a simple room, and inside, there are lots of racks of dresses, ranging from different colours and styles. “You can start choosing a dress, Madame.”

 

I nodded dumbly to the staff and slowly started my way to the racks. There were so many dress that it would take hours just to choose one. “Um…aren’t there dresses that you know, you can wear like on a normal day? Like going on a date? Not too casual but not too formal either?” I asked.

 

“It’s over here.” She answered as she made her way to the other side of the small room. I followed her and there, I saw racks of dresses with different colour combination and patterns. I skimmed through the clothes, feeling the fabric and looking at the designs.

 

I don’t want something too flashy, not too plain either; just something simple and comfortable. Then I found a sleeveless dress, with floral patterns, few inches above my knee. I took it and looked at the staff. She showed me the bathroom and I went inside. The dress was a perfect fit.

 

I already felt comfortable with the dress so I never went back to the racks to choose again. The staff showed me many pairs of shoes; from platforms to pin heels to wedges. Instead of making me choose, she took a pair and made me wear it instead.

 

It was a black peep toe shoe with crystal ornament on the front (which I later learned was Swarovski crystals) and about four inches. My eyes widen as I looked at it; I never wore high heels because I have the ability to trip on a perfectly flat surface. I shook my head to say no, but the staff made me sit on the bed and started removing my doll shoes and put it on me while saying, “The time will come that you have to wear a pair of shoes much taller than this. And besides, the Queen is one tall woman; we cannot make you look like a dwarf next to her.”

 

“Do you know anything about this?” I asked her as she put on the other shoe on my foot. She shook her head. “All I know is that the Queen is meeting you, so you must be someone special.”

 

I stood and balanced myself. The staff was already heading out of the room; I quickly followed her, forgetting that I am wearing a not so friendly pair of shoes which almost made me hurtle straight to the floor. I quickly grabbed the end of the vanity table and balanced myself. I tried to walk gracefully, but I think I looked like someone with a bad stomach hurrying to the bathroom.

 

Anyway, Xiumin was already in the lobby, sitting on same couch, but wearing a suit. He looked handsome and he was glowing due to the contrast of his milky-white skin to the black fabric. He smiled when he saw me and gave me a look from head to toe. He gave out a chuckle when he saw my shoes.

 

I sat beside him and pinched him, sending him to a fit of giggles. “What?” I hissed.

 

“Are you planning to fall face first flat on the floor when we meet the Queen?” Xiumin asked and laughed.

 

“HAHA.” I said and rolled my eyes.

 

“I can see that both of you are ready. Follow me.”

 

The prime minister lead the way to the highest floor, onto the presidential suites of the hotel.



 

A/N: Okay...it took forever to post an update and it's this short.

I just want to ask my readers though, what would you like?

Short, segmented chapters like this, or long, episodic chapters like that on chapter 1? :D

Leave your answers on the comments~ :)

Thanks for reading and subscribing :>