Chapter 7

Weak Past, Strong Future

Ryeowook's POV

One hour of the same dance routine was painful and boring. I stretched out my sore muscles as the bell rang and the other trainees rushed out.When my muscles were relaxed, I packed up my stuff and walked into the pink-decorated hallway

"OMO! Yoona! You seriously out your note in his locker? He's gonna be so happy. He's liked you for two years!" says Seohyun as her and Yoona walk past me.
I approached my locker and open it, to find millions of sticky notes scattered in it.
Sticky notes from big to small. Neat handwriting to chicken scratch. One by one, I read the notes from my over obsessed fangirls.
 
Soon, I found Yuri's. It was pink. Very pink. Dark pink. Dark pink paper with light pink ink
It read: "Roses are red, Violets are blue, I just wanted to say: Saranghae!"

I chuckled at the cheesiness and sweetness of her note and put it in my pocket for safe keeping

I continued to read the notes, and finally reached the last one. It was written in neat English on purple paper and blue pen.
"When my eyes aren't crying, my heart is weeping. You walk with her everyday, making me fade bit by bit. Part of me wants to forget you and love someone who feels the same way as I feel for you. But another wants you to be mine. I hate that part. But yet my love for you has dumbfounded me and made me follow it. For as long as I love you, I will never forget ~Cinderella"

I snickered at the crazy girl who wrote this and crumbled the note, throwing it at a boy who was sleeping across the hall. Of course I break girls' hearts. But it's not my fault I'm so perfect

 

Sungmin's POV

Since today was only half day in school, I invited YunMi and MiJin over. Ryeowook couldn't make it because he had some business to take care of with Yuri.


I the TV channel while waiting for both of them. I sat down on my sofa as I shifted into a comfortable position. There was no entertainment channel so I flipped to a random channel. It was a live broadcast of a fashion show. The music wasn't upbeat instead it was a sweet melody that matched with the fashion show's theme: Sweet Wedding. The first model walked out followed, by 3 other models all in wedding dresses. For some strange reason my eyes were glued on to the TV screen. I try to picture MiJin in that wedding dress and I'm sure she will look even more beautiful than those models.

 

"Aish..." I mentally slapped myself knowing the chance of me getting married to MiJin is unlikely.

 

"Sungmin oppa!" a familiar voice called my name as I turned around and see YunMi and MiJin standing next to Kris. YunMi walked in and spun around admiring the white tile floors and the bright lights. I smiled at YunMi and motioned MiJin to sit with me while YunMi still spinning in circles. Kris bowed and walked off into the kitchen preparing some drinks.
 

"Unni! Unni! Hurry and marry Sungmin oppa I want to live in this house forever!" YunMi exclaimed.
Both MiJin and I blushed a light cherry shade as I see her smirking in the corner of my eye.

 

"Y-yah don't talk non sense!!" MiJin replied as she holds up a fist giving her dongsaeng a threatening look. YunMi only stick out her tongue and smiled as she sat down next to MiJin.

MiJin's POV


Our conversation had a very nice flow to it since Sungmin's is a very good listener. We talked about things that normal people will find boring and explained our past to Sungmin.


"Oh yea YunMi did you put your note into Ryeowook's locker today?"Sungmin asked.
 

She only gave a small nod as she quickly changed the subject asking Sungmin about his parents.
"Oppa you live in such a huge house by yourself?"

"My parent owns Send Bill. So they are always in America doing their business and just leave me like this. I have Ryeowook has a room mate. He's never home though. But thankfully my parents hired Kris who is like a hyung to me," he smiled at Kris.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder as I looked up and see Kris with a phone in his hand.


"MiJin noona, there is call from your landlord."


I took the phone from his hand as I said, "Yongsaeyo?"

"Oh MiJin I have bad news for you dear," the landlord explained.


"Continue.."


"I don't want to do this to you. But... You have delayed the rent for a week already."


"I-" I tried to explain but she cut me off.


"I know you and YunMi are just teenagers without parents. We have a policy that states a fee must be paid within five days. I'm sorry but I will have to ask you to move out by the end of this week."


With that our landlord hangs up as I still stayed in shock.


"U-Unni..What did our landlord say?" YunMi pat my shoulder with a worried look.


"We have to move out of our apartment by the end of this week."

"WHAT?" YunMi's sudden outburst caused both Sungmin and I jumped a little.

"I have delayed the rent payment for a week since my part time job won't pay enough," I sighed.

"Wait MiJin," Sungmin said.


Both YunMi and I looked at Sungmin with curiosity in our eyes.


"There's only Wook, the servants, and myself living here. You guys can live in my house instead of working your off to pay the rent. What do you think?"

"I WANT TO LIVE HERE!!" YunMi exclaimed as she jumped up from her seat.


"W-wait Sungmin we can't just take this offer from you. I don't want us to be a burden to you," I said.

"You won't be a burden to me MiJin. I won't be always be alone in this huge house. I always wanted company and someone to talk to," Sungmin flashed a smile, revealing his pink gums.

"Please unni? I don't want students in my class keep on teasing me for living in such a poor looking apartment," YunMi pleaded with her ageyo.

Finally I gave in and said,"Aish this kid. Fine."


YunMi let out a cheer and Sungmin pat my head giving his sweetest smile.

The heartwarming mood was suddenly crashed by a voice,"AYO SUNGMIN HYUNG!"

YunMi's POV


"AYO SUNGMIN HYUNG!" I recognize that voice anywhere.


I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my chest. I quickly push them off knowing that it's a place where no one should put their hands on.


"Yah! Lau Henry! Do you want to die?" I swing my fist, yet he again dodged smoothly.

Sungmin and MiJin unni started to laugh as I blush in a deep shade of red.


"You pabo!" I yelled as I cross my arms giving him my rare pissed off look. He only smirked and turned to MiJin unni and said,"That's good news that you're able to move in with Sungmin hyung. But watch out hyung isn't innocent as he looks."

Sungmin gave Henry a playful push as MiJin unni let out a tiny giggle knowing what Henry meant.


"To celebrate, let's go to SHINee World. It's a very well known shopping district here," Henry suggested.
 

All of us agreed and head out. 

 

Sungmin's POV


We walked around SHINee World as I see YunMi walk into shop after shop admiring all the cute things displayed in the store.


It was only 4 PM so we try to find entertainment to kill some time.
"Excuse me," a voice called as we turned our attention to the guy speaking.


"Yes?" I answered.


The guy was standing in front of a wedding dress store with a professional camera hung from his neck.

"Tomorrow is the grand opening for this wedding dress store. But our models who is suppose to model for the wedding dresses went on a vacation suddenly. We can't find any replacements for those models. So may I kindly ask if you would do the favor for modeling for us? You two and you two will make a lovely couple. Please this is an emergency for us," the guy explained as he pointed at MiJin and I; Henry and YunMi.

MiJin was speechless waiting someone else to answer.


"Hey unni let's do it! I always want to see you and myself wearing a wedding dress!" YunMi said as the guy looked at us with pleading eyes.


"Doesn't sound bad to me," Henry added.


MiJin still wasn't convinced and still couldn't answer as I said,"I don't mind at all. As long as it's ok with you."

Finally after stalling for 3 minutes she sighed and said,"Alright."
With that the guy jumped with excitement and repeatedly thanked us. We walked in as makeup artists and other people greeted us when the guy explained the situation. We gave them our names and one of the makeup artist said,"So MiJin and Sungmin will be the married couple. While YunMi and Henry will be the flower boy and girl."


We all nodded and listened to the instruction she gave us. MiJin and YunMi walked off into another room while Henry and I got dressed into tuxedos.


Since I'm the groom I wore a black tuxedo and Henry wore a white one. The makeup artists wasted no time and started to put makeup on our skin making them flawless. She was done in 10 minutes so we just sit down relaxed while waiting for MiJin and YunMi.

"Hyung are they done yet?~" Henry whined getting impatient. My patience was lowering as the minute ticks by. Finally after a few more minutes those two finally walked out.

I can seriously said my dreams came true...
MiJin was in a strapless white wedding dress. The upper and bottom rim of her waist was decorated with silver sequins.

 
She was more than just beautiful. She was every man's dream of a perfect bride and wife. Not just MiJin looked nice YunMi also looked stunningly beautiful since Henry couldn't take his eyes off of her. 

"H-How do I look?" MiJin ask with a shy voice.


"You are more than just beautiful. I must be a very lucky guy to be able to see you in a wedding dress," I answered.

Maybe the chance of me getting married to MiJin isn't so slim.

MiJin's POV

Before I could thank him for his compliment the photographer called us over.


"First of all thank you for helping us. And my name is Key I'm a professional photographer that owns this store. So I want you guys to act natural an not too awkward. Just pretend that you are in love"
With that he leads us into a flower garden that had red roses blossom in every corner.

"Alright may I have MiJin and Sungmin go up first?" Key asked looking at us.
Both of us nodded and follow where Key pointed us to go. We stood in front of a fountain that is made out of stone with an angel resting on the very top. The water glistened in the fake sunlight but I kept a good distance so the water won't touch us.
"Sungmin put your hands on MiJin's waist. MiJin put your arms around Sungmin's neck. Now look at each other with passion!" Key instructed.


I looked at Sungmin as my eyes burn into his. A light pink shade painted my face because Sungmin's face was only 3 inches away. We heard three clicks and when Key yelled "Ok!" we quickly pulled away from Sungmin. We were given 6 more poses but Key had an unsatisfied look on his face. He walked up to us as we stayed in the last pose he told us.
"Sorry to say this but you took look so distant. It makes me feel cold. Not a warm sweet love. I'm deeply sorry but can't you please put more passion and love into your pose?" Key confessed with a pleading tone.
"Sorry we will try with the last pose," Sungmin answered.


"How are we gonna make it more passionate?" I asked as we strike the last pose.


"Like this," before I realize it Sungmin press his tender lips against mine. His hand were on my waist as I slowly melt into the kiss ending up kissing him back. Now my arms is wrapped around his neck while our lips never left each other.
"Saranghae MiJin," Sungmin whispered into my ear but I was too stunned to reply.


" That was amazing!" Key exclaimed bring me back to the real world, "There was so much passion and love! This is the best photo out of all of the photos! Kamsa! Kamsa!"

With that we both smiled as Key moved on to YunMi and Henry's photo shoot.
"Sungmin oppa! What does saranghae mean?" I asked knowing my Korean isn't the best.


Sungmin gave me a playful smile and answered,"It means You're a pabo!"
 

I glared at him and hold up my fist threading to kill him. His face turned serious and faced me.
 

"Say it again."
 

"But doesn't it mean I'm stu-"
 

" Just say it again!"
 

"Saranghae?"
"Again!"
"Saranghae!"
"Last time!"
"Aish! Saranghae!" I screamed it loud; the crew gave me a weird look. Sungmin gave me a satisfied look and walked away.


"Aish.. I'm not stupid!" I whispered to myself.

Henry's POV

YunMi looked so different when she is in a dress rather than some cheap clothes. I couldn't stop looking at her throughout the whole photo shoot with Sungmin and MiJin. I could see YunMi's eyes dance in envy when Sungmin suddenly kissed MiJin.


"Oh~ Are you jealous? Want me to make you feel better with my lips?" I smirked earning a glare from her.


"My heart belongs to Ryeowook!" she pout in a very cute way.


"Why would you love someone who obviously doesn't love you back because he's too busy taking care of his girlfriend! He doesn't care about you! Remember what he said to you when you got a fever?" my face turned serious.


"H-How do you know?" she gave me a surprised look.


"Sungmin told me after in asked him why you looked so down. So care to tell me why you like an idiot who is blinded by love?" I tap my foot impatiently.

Unexpectedly her face soften and replied with a soft tone," Because I am an idiot as well. Instead of letting him go I am holding on. In the end I went all out but I have nothing to hold on into now. It was all my fault... But apart of me will always wait for him."


"You are a pabo.." I answered.


"YAH! Why do you need to care anyway?" she bashed as she follow where Key pointed.

Because I'm just like you. I know you may not understand my love for you. But apart of me is also waiting for you... I thought to myself.

Key's business like voice snapped me out of my wonderland. I quickly walked up to him as he started to explain the pose he wanted us to do.


"Since you two are the flower boy and girl I want you guys to give me a sweet feeling with your poses~"


YunMi sat down at a grass field filled with a special blue flower named, "Blue stars" 


While I admired the star shape blue flowers, YunMi was trying to figure a pose that will match with Key's description.


Suddenly YunMi pulled me into a sitting pose as she got on her knees which made her half sitting almost standing. Her left hand pressed against my leg while her right rested on my shoulders. She brought her lips close to mine only 3 inches before she touches my cheek.
"Look down on the grass and act shy," she almost sounded like Key with her modeling knowledge. I did as she said and I heard a few camera clicks and Key saying, "GREAT CREATIVITY!"

My heart was beating so fast feeling like it was about to explode. All the poses that YunMi came up was really sweet and Key couldn't stop clapping. Key was asking YunMi to do a specific pose that she didn't seem too happy about. When she came back her face was redder than the roses in the garden.
 

"K-Key said on the last pose I will have to kiss your cheek," she explained.


I smirked and purposely asked," Why not the lips?"


She again gave me her glare and pulled my jacket to sit on the bench. She say next to me and brought her lips and made contact with my cheek. Her eyes were closed and had a soft and warm expression unlike the one she had 10 seconds ago. Her hands rested on my chest where my heart is beating like crazy. After we heard Key's "Okay" she quickly pulled away from me. YunMi blushed and looked away as is nothing had happened.


"Your lips around so soft" I said, teasing her.


This time she didn't bother giving a smart comeback. She just walked away as if nothing had happened.

Sungmin's POV


After the shooting was done we all changed back into our regular clothing.


"Thank you so much for your help today! Here take this photo book of the best picture we took today as a thank you gift," Key said as he handed me the book. We all bowed and walked out the wedding dress store with a elated face. This time YunMi was actually willing to hold hands with Henry yet she had a pout on her face.

We said goodbye to Henry when we came to the point where his house was in the opposite direction. Before we knew it we arrived home and Ryeowook was just on the sofa watching his favorite variety show.
"We're back!"


Ryeowook turned around with a confused look and asked," Why is YunMi and MiJin here?"


"I suggest they live with us since I don't want MiJin to overwork herself trying to pay the rent," I explain earning an "Oh" from Ryeowook.
"Sorry I hope I won't trouble you guys," MiJin apologized.


Ryeowook gave her a smile and replied,"Stay as long as you want."


Kris appear from upstairs and bowed at my presence.


"MiJin noona, YunMi-shi, we have already moved your belongings into your new room. Please follow me."


Kris guided them upstairs as I flashback the moment our lips touched.

MiJin's POV

Kris first took YunMi into her room and YunMi feel asleep right when she hit the bed. I tuck her in and kisses her forehead as i walked out the room. I felt weird since we've sleep together ever since we can remember.
"This is your room Miss MiJin."


Kris was about to walk back downstairs just when I grabbed his arm. He turned around and gave me a confused look.


"Ok two things. One just call me MiJin we are close with our age. And two what does 'Saranghae' mean in Korean?" I asked.


"Saranghae mean I love you in Korean, MiJin," he answered. I thanked him and went to bed.


Sungmin loves me... I mentally slap myself after recalling what I said to Sungmin.

"Aish I just had to say 'Saranghae' three times loud enough for others to hear"

I lay down on the soft bed and pondered about my own future. 


If I become Sungmin's bride.. Would I be truly happy?