Chapter 1

Weak Past, Strong Future

MiJin’s POV

 
I stood in the corner as my father hazily said, “This is all your fault! You devil! If It weren’t for you, my wife would still be alive!” He was yelling at my one day old sister, YunMi. Our mother had died giving birth to her the day before, and my father blamed the death on YunMi. Being the clueless child I was, I did nothing to stop him from continuing. I watched as my sister kicked and screamed, not know what the loud noises were. After he took the last sip, he threw the bottle of soju at the wall above the infant, causing it to shatter, cutting her left ear. Drunken and crazed, my father disappeared into the dark. Forever. 
 
Suddenly, I woke up. Aish… That dream again. Fourteen years have passed since that terrible night. Even though YunMi and I were infants then, and are now young ladies, that memory haunts my mind at night. I try to sit up, but fail, due to YunMi’s arm around me. Carefully removing her arm from around my waist, I got out of bed, and opened the windows, taking a look at what a Korean morning was like. YunMi and I had just arrived in Korea last night, so we didn’t know what the scenery would be. I took a deep breath, and exhaled. Ajhummas were taking their daily morning walks in the alley beside our apartment building.
 
I turned around and leaned on the window pane, smiling, until I looked at the clock. It was 9 AM already. YunMi and I were suppose to be at SM Academy offices at 9:30. In a hurry, I woke up my sister. 
 
“YunMi-ah~ Wake up! We’re going to be late!” I shouted, shaking her shoulder. YunMi’s big brown eyes fluttered open as she yawned and stretched. Aggravated by her slowness, I shook her more, “Quick, quick! We need to get to SM now to pick up the papers! Now!” in a business-like tone.
 
“Aish! Wait, unni,” she said as she grabbed the brush and untangled her mile-long hair. She never liked cutting her hair. Her long hair reminded the both of us of our mother. She liked her hair down, while I like my hair up, in any fashion.
 
After the morning rush, we went down to the apartment’s garage and hopped into my blue Honda Civic. 
 
While I was driving, YunMi said, “Unni… I’m nervous.”
 
“Why? We’ve already auditioned, we passed right away, and now all we have left is training. What’s to be nervous about?”
 
She looked at me, and said, “What if we don’t debut? Or what if one of us debuts and the other doesn’t? I’m nervous about that.”
 
I sighed, “Don't be. The only thing that'll keep you from failing is if you don't believe in yourself. Being nervous is what happens when you don't believe in yourself. We have to do this. Umma would be proud. She has always wanted her kids to be successful in life."
 
YunMi nodded with a smile, but that smile turned into a frown as she said, “… What about appa?”
Hearing that word made the grip on the steering wheel tighter, “Don't talk about him. What he did to us was not right. Why would he do that? What happened to umma was not your fault. It was no one's fault. Appa's a stupid man who can't tell things apart. Talking about him will just pull you back from our dream. If we don't succeed, we'll be living on the streets. We spent all our money on tickets from America to Korea. We can't go back now. And even if we could, there'd be no one to take care of us. SM is our only hope."
 
YunMi nodded, and that was all for the rest of the ride.
 
After a 10 minute ride, I finally pulled up in the parking lot of SM Academy.
 
YunMi’s POV
 
I followed MiJin unni’s footsteps into the building. Once I stepped onto the gray marble tile of the school, my stomach flips. The thought of me and unni training here. My eyes wandered around the lobby as I hear MiJin say, “Yes. I am MiJin, and this is my younger sister, YunMi,” to a man in a black suit. 
 
“O-oh. Nice to meet you, sir.” I stuttered as I shook his hand and bowed. The man in black chuckled at my coward-like actions. Unni and that mysterious man walked off, and I traced their steps. I followed them until we reached a maroon door, and unni told me to stay outside. I obeyed and watched as the two entered the room.
 
I stood leaning against the wall, playing with my fingernails until I heard a sweet voice singing down the hall. Curious, I followed that voice of an angel. The voice got louder and louder as I got closer to the auditorium. I poked my head into the auditorium to find a boy playing the piano, and singing his heart out. He was stunning. And he looked around unni’s age. The boy was very handsome. And he had such an amazing voice. And his fingers hit the piano keys perfectly. 
 
Acknowledging his looks and talents, I immediately fell for the mystery boy. I began loosing myself in his smooth voice. 
 
“YunMi-ah! Where are you? We have to go!” unni’s voice echoed through the vacant hallways. My heart stopped, and I saw the boy’s head quickly jerk over to my area. Luckily, I was quick enough to dodge being spotted by him. 
 
I raced down the hallway to MiJin. She asked me where I went, and I lied to her, “I took a little walk around the school. It’s a pretty big place. We’re training here right?”
 
I looked at her with hopeful eyes, and she looked at me, laughed, then nodded, “Yes. Why, do you like it already?” She looked at me with a bright smile. I nodded eagerly.
 
Then, a cute boy with papers in his hands was walking towards us. Unni didn’t realize this, and bumped into him, making him drop all of his papers. 
 
"O-oh I’m sorry I’m sorry!!" unni stuttered while quickly picked up those fallen papers. That pretty boy also clumsy picking up those papers but stopped half way.
His eyes trailed down to unni's beautiful face and I stood there trying not to laugh. "Are these all of the papers?" unni smiled at the guy. "Y-yes. Thank you, and sorry for making you picking up all those paper" he said, still stunned by unni's beauty.
 
MiJin pulled my arm along as the boy’s eyes followed us in sorrow. I looked back, and waved, “Bye, oppa!” He looked at me, smiled an waved. He tried walking away, but couldn’t seem to find away to remove his eyes from unni. I giggled as the boy was stunned by unni’s beauty. 
 
In the car, I propped my arms against the shoulder pads of my sister’s seat. 
 
“Hey unni. That man back there was eyeing you. I think he likes you. Do you like him?”
 
She laughed and looked at me through the mirror, “No. I don’t even know what his name is. Plus, I don’t know if he’s cute or not.”
 
We both laughed it off, and the rest of the ride, she talked about how much our schedule would change. But I paid no attention to her words at all.
 
The only thing on my mind was that gorgeous boy in the auditorium I fell in love with at first sight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! I hope you like Chapter 1!
Please subscribe and show your friends! Thanks a lot!
 
Who is that mystery boy with the angelic voice? Will YunMi ever see him again?
Who is the cute boy? Is YunMi right about him liking MiJin?
Subscribe and read to find out!


Remember:
More subs/comments=Faster updates!