Chapter 6

Weak Past, Strong Future

 

Sungmin's POV
 
The rain pitter-pattered against the pavement as my foot splash again the water. It only has been one hour after saying goodbye to YunMi. Suddenly I forgot to buy pencil for class so I am now out again in the rain. 
 
I remembered YunMi's face. Her pale face worries me and I wish I was MinJi to comfort her. I walked past the park and looked up to look at the wet trees and grass. I saw a blurry figure I couldn't make out because of the rain. A sob escaped from the figure as her long hair was drenched by the rain. 
 
YunMi! It has to be her. The outfit was the same exact one she wore today plus her long hair explains it all. Her eyes were red as tears fuse with the rain all running down her cheek. I sat next to her not caring about the wetness of the bench she was sitting on. I cover her head my my umbrella although she was already wet. Her face meet mine and forced a smile. In these kind of situations I can't react. So I walked again with a heavy heart as I soak in the rain.
 
YunMi’s POV
 
The sunlight poured through the window causing me to groan. I felt sweat and cold water drip down my forehead as I tried to process where I was. I remember being in the rain, crying over something. The Sungmin oppa came, shielding the rain from me with the umbrella. What ever that occurred after that had wandered from my memory. 
 
I tried to sit up, and blue ice pack fell from my head and onto my lap. The sudden loss of coolness made my head pound. I groaned in pain, “Aaah~~!”
 
I heard the clanging of metal, and a voice scream, “YunMi! Are you alright?” The loud and sudden noises made the pain in my head emphasize, making me cry in pain even more.
 
Sungmin came running through the door with an apron and mittens on. “YunMi! What happened?”
 
I tried to tell him that my head hurt, but was interrupted by a terrible dry cough coming up my throat.
 
Sungmin’s POV
 
When YunMi’s cough had died down, I rushed out to the kitchen and grabbed the bowl of porridge that I was making for her. I came back, blowing on the porridge to make it warm. I sat her up as slow as possible to keep her head from hurting even more.
 
"YunMi-ah are you alright?" I asked. She looked at me with bloodshot eyes, and smiled that lasted only a split second
 
"I’m fine opp-” She was cut off by her coughing, “I’m fine. I need to go home and get ready for school tomorrow. Where are we *cough* anyway? Drive me home.”
 
 
 
I was shocked with her determination for academic accomplishments. “No. You’re staying home. You’re too sick.”
 
She shook her head, and stood up but fell back due to her weakness.
 
“YunMi, you’re going to stay home tomorrow,” I demand once again, squeezing her hand.
 
She jerked her hand away from mine, and I can only imagine the pain she must be enduring at the moment. “No!” she screams, “I’m going to school tomorrow! I have to!”
 
Suddenly, I heard the door burst open. 
 
“Will you guys shut up? I’m talking to Yuri,” Ryeowook said. 
 
“Ryeowook-shi! YunMi’s practically dying and you’re standing there? At least her pray for her!” I shout-whispered.
 
He walked over to the other side of the bed, and kneeled down. 
 
“YunMi. Your sick body… Your sick body,” he paused and thought of what else to say, “is infecting my air. If you don’t stay away, I won’t be able to go on a date with Yuri,” he said harshly, and stood up.
 
He turned to leave but YunMi’s hand shot up and grabbed his. “Appa~” she moaned, “Don’t leave me. Please.”
 
Ryeowook looked at his hand, disgusted. “Get off of me, you crip!” and threw her hand back onto the bed, and stormed off. She fell back, and instantly fell unconscious.
 
I was furious by his actions, and followed him.  
 
“RYEOWOOK! WHERE ARE YOU?” I hollered. I slammed open the door to the living room and saw him putting on cologne.
 
“Hyung, I’m right here!” he smiled.
 
“How can you smile like this? Lemme ask you. You ditched YunMi, didn’t you? That one night, you ditched her. Right?”
 
“I had to go to Yuri’s birthday party!” he answered.
 
“So who’s more important? Yuri or YunMi?” I asked.
 
“But I love Yuri! YunMi‘s only my little sister!” he excused.
 
“So? YunMi’s my little sister too! That doesn’t mean anything. I love MiJin, but I didn’t ditch YunMi, now did I? I went to the mall for her, and I didn’t leave her there and go to MiJin, and she’s a crying mess! She’s had a terrible past, and she’s come here to make her dreams come true, and you’re just ruining it for her! But you wouldn’t care would you?”
 
He looked at me with sorrowful eyes. “I do care!”
 
I reached my boiling point. “Do you really? Do you really, Kim Ryeowook? Do you care for her. The girl that was abandoned by her father when she was one day old? The one who lived with her sister on their own, for 14 years? The girl who’s mother died giving birth to her? That girl loves you, Wook. She loves you. And you’re not improving her life from her past with your love romance with Kwon Yuri. Do you really care? I don’t think so, Kim Ryeowook. I do not think so.”
 
He grabbed his jacket, and walked out. Before closing the door, he screamed, “I DO CARE!”
 
Ryeowook’s POV
 
I can't believe what Sungmin hyung said to me. I always thought YunMi had a family at least and they were away for a business trip. Aish what can I do to make her forgive me?
 
Just then a beautiful neckless displayed in a window of a jewelry store caught my eyes. The neckless was a heart key that is about the size of my pointer finger. It had a little crystal blue heart in the middle. I looked at the price: 500,000 won. 
 
“Noona!” I called, “I’d like to buy this necklace!”
 
The store noona turned her attention to me and said, “Oh. This necklace comes with a bracelet!” and gave me a bracelet with a lock where the ends meet.
 
“You see,” she continued, “The key on this necklace, is the only way to open the lock on this bracelet.”
 
I noticed that the lock was in the shape of a heart. The vision of YunMi ‘having the key to my heart’ made me get butterflies. “I’ll take it!”
 
YunMi’s POV
 
I woke up and the pounding in my head had gone. 
 
I looked around and saw that I was in a room as my whole apartment. I turned over to my side, and saw Sungmin laying his chin on his folded arms.
 
“Aish! Sungmin oppa, you scared me!” I said, pushing his head with my finger, “Wah~ Aigoo, oppa! You never told me you were this wealthy!”
 
He sat up and shrugged, “I never found the time to.”
 
I got out of the bed, and said, “Probably thought about MiJin instead of saying anything about your economics,” doubtly.
 
He shouted, “Yah~ That’s my personal business!” and gently hit the back of my calf.
 
I walked out the door and found myself in a hallway the size SM’s hallway. 
 
“Wah! Aigoo so wealthy!” I squealed. 
 
I whispered to myself in admiration as I traced my hands across the walls.
 
“YunMi! Come here!” Sungmin called. I ran back to the room where I woke up. There Sungmin was holding a dress with blue dots on a white canvas. “Here, go take a shower. It’ll make you feel better. Taeyeon-ah! Get a bath running for YunMi!” he called.
 
I heard the water run, and a tall man come through the door, grabbing my arm. 
 
“Kris! Take it easy! She’s sick!” Sungmin shouted.
 
The man, so called Kris, nodded, and showed me the way.
 
 
I followed him down a long hallway, with pictures of Sungmin and his family on the right wall. On the left wall was pictures of Ryeowook and his family. 
 
My eyes wandered in awe when Kris said, “Ma’am, please enjoy your time.” and opened the door to a very large bathroom.
 
It was the size of my room, maybe bigger. The counter of the sink was sparkling marble. There was a shelf of various soaps and gels. I looked to me right and saw a bubble bath with rose petals sprinkled everywhere. The aroma calmed my sinuses and throat, making it comfortable for me to stretch from the stiffness. 
 
Ryeowook’s POV
 
“Hyung!” I called as I stepped through the door.
 
He looked up from his phone, and cocked an eye brow. “Hmm?”
 
“I wanted to apologize. I know what I did was wrong. I’m really sorry.”
 
He put his phone in his back pocket, and stood up, “Am I really the one who needs to be apologized to? She’s in the bathroom. But sh-”
 
I cut him off by running into the bathroom. I burst through the door and saw YunMi in her laced blue under garments.
 
She screamed and grabbed a towel to conceal herself. 
 
“Oh my Go- I should g- Yeah bye,” I stuttered. I slammed the door closed and tried to steady my heart beat to a regular pace. 
 
Sungmin leaned against the wall and said, “I tried to tell you she was taking a shower. Aish. Naughty, naughty child.”
 
I slid on the door and sat down. I covered my beet-red face and shook my head. 
 
 
 
 
 
YunMi’s POV
 
I opened the door to find Sungmin slightly shaking his head at a bundle of Ryeowook at my foot. I nudged him with my foot, and he quickly scrambled to his feet.
 
“I’m sorry, YunMi. For being a jerk. And for walking I-”
 
“It’s okay, it’s fine.” I cut him off, not wanting to hear that he walked in on me half .
 
I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and a voice say, “Well look who’s here,” and a kiss on my cheek.
 
I turned around and saw Henry. 
 
“Yah! What’re you doing here? Do you belong here? Does he belong here? That won’t be in the future.” I threatened.
 
“Whoa, calm yourself, child,” Sungmin said, “Henry’s actually a good friend of ours. It’s just we don’t hang out in school ‘cause we’re in different social classes.”
 
I looked at Henry, and he nodded, attempting to hug me again. 
 
“Don’t touch me.” I told him, making Sungmin laugh.
 
Henry attempted again, and I tried to round-house kick him. He dodged, and chuckled. “Hey! It’s pink!”
 
Sungmin and Ryeowook busted into uncontrollable laughter, and I shook my head in a why do I know these people? style.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aigoo mianhe!
I had so many finals and state tests and projects!
Finally, an update!