The Fifth Note

The Eighth Note

 

~SOL~

 

I would do anything for her

 

Anything

 

And as a symbol of it

 

I gave her something

 



 

“Eat! Eat! Eat!”

 

I saw beads of sweat forming above her brow as she stared at the chili pepper she was holding. The chanting only got louder and I laughed silently on my seat.

 

Apparently, the laughter wasn’t that quiet. She glared at me and huffed angrily. I stuck out my tongue and she resumed her deathly stare stand-off with the red hot pepper. After taking a few deep breaths, she prepared to eat it and I stood up and rushed to her side to stop her.

 

“I’ll eat it,” I said gently and her eyes looked hopeful. I gave a smirk as I continued, “But only if you sing your song.”

 

She frowned at me, visibly displeased with the deal I offered her. I knew she hated singing that song in front of company but I honestly thought it was better than chewing that spicy vegetable.

 

In fact, that song was one of my favorites. I personally had someone translate the lyrics and I liked it.

 

I saw her hesitate but she finally gave in and handed me the pepper. I flashed a triumphant smile and the chant changed to the title of her song.

 

She obediently complied with the terms of my deal and I did my part too, but I found the spiciness too strong for my taste that I rushed away from the group in tears.

 

So much for a knight in shining armor.

 

She went after me, bearing a bottle of water and I downed it like a thirsty dog.

 

“You didn’t have to do that you know,” I heard her say moments later. She wiped the tears streaming down my face and said, “Thank you though. I really appreciate it.”

 

“It’s nothing,” I assured her, although it really burned my tongue.

 

She scoffed. “Yeah, sure. It’s nothing.”

 

“Really.”

 

She rolled her eyes but didn’t say anything. I chortled and remembered something that was on my pocket. I told her to stretch out her palm. She did what I told her to do and I placed a ring on her palm.

 

She just let it rest there, neither accepting it nor rejecting it.

 

I took it back and slipped it to one of her fingers and said, “You know, you’re supposed to wear this, not let it stay on your palm.”

 

“What’s this?” she asked with a baffled expression.

 

“A ring.” I showed her my hand and on my left ring finger was the pair to the band I just gave her. I think she was about to say something to me but Seunghyun-hyung called her and told her that they were needed by the president. She stood up and went with Hyung after saying her thanks.

 

I wonder if she knew the meaning to the ring I gave her.