The Fourth Note

The Eighth Note

 

~FA~

 

I just wanted to be near her

 

But the reason for her to return was saddening for her

 

When she’s feeling low,

 

I’m feeling even more dejected

 

And I knew I had to make her happy

 

So she would forever be by my side

 



 

She’s back.

 

She’s finally back.

 

But all for the wrong reasons.

 

Her father running off with her money, her boyfriend breaking up with her, her career taking a plummet…

 

I never wanted those to be the reasons for her to come back.

 

I never wanted her to be sad.

 

Because it also breaks my heart.

 

But when I saw her on the airport this morning, she looked happy. Why wouldn’t she? She’s with her family now. She didn’t have to tell me but I knew she was terrified back then. And now…

 

“Ya! What are you doing here?!” She rushed to hug me and I embraced her back. “Don’t you have any schedules?”

 

I had, but I wasn’t going to tell her that. I just wanted to be the first person she sees when she steps out of the arrival area.

 

I wanted to let her know that I would always be there for her.

 

I wanted her to know that I would always by her side through thick and thin.

 

And I would do anything on my power to help her get back up on her feet.

 

“I really missed you, you know?” she whispered and only seconds has passed when I felt the familiar feel of her fingers pinching my cheek. She chuckled and said, “Aigoo! So grown-up now!”

 

We frolicked like little kids and it was only when I felt her family staring at us that we stopped. I was introduced to her family as her ‘closest’ friend.

 

I wished to be more.

 

I excused her from her mother and siblings and said, “You have to come with me.”

 

She raised her eyebrow and tilted her head to one side. She does that when she’s puzzled by something. “Why?” she asked nervously.

 

I grabbed her wrist and smiled as I said, “You’ll see.”