The First Note

The Eighth Note

 

~DO~

 

Everything going on slow mo…

 

Butterflies fluttering on my stomach…

 

Birds chirping a love song…

 

Confetti falling from above…

 

The stuff that usually happens in cheesy romantic movies…

 

It all happened to me earlier this day.

 

The moment she walked in…

 

I felt something that made my heart skip a beat.

 



 

It started like my typical day.

 

Training.

 

Yes, all day.

 

And like most days, Seunghyun-hyung was late. It didn’t even matter to him that our debut as a group was approaching very fast. We were already on the fourth song when he came in and his face was flushed. He looked stunned and didn’t even reply when I asked him why he was late. He only muttered, “She’s here.”

 

“Who’s here?” I asked, my voice showing irritation and impatience.

 

“Her.”

 

Hm, the word ‘Her’ certainly gave a lot. The gender, for instance.

 

Thanks, hyung. That was very helpful.

 

We heard voices from outside and Hyunseung opened the door just a tiny bit to sneak a peek. He gave an excited squeal and turned to look at us. “She’s here!” he exclaimed.

 

“Who?” I was already getting annoyed from all the fuss on whoever it was outside.

 

Hyunseung grinned as he said the name. I frowned a bit and scrunched up my nose as I remembered who it was.

 

The Korean girl who made it big back on a foreign country.

 

Yang-ssajangnim showed the trainees her documentary last year and while everyone was at awe with all her achievements, the only thing that registered in my mind was how silly her make-up and outfit was.

 

Blue shimmery eye shadow, hot pink blush, red glossy lipstick and spring or summer-inspired clothing. Her stylists must be clowns.

 

I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing those.

 

The voices outside got louder and everybody inside the room panicked. We had to stop practicing because of Seunghyun-hyung and the president would kill us if he sees us like this so I told everyone to go to their places and start the practice. I was relieved when everyone did.

 

The door gave a small creak as it opened wide. I stopped the music as the executives and sunbaes entered. The president entered next and he announced, “Everyone, I would like you to meet our guest,” he turned his head and motioned someone to come inside.

 

I smirked as I imagined her to wear the same tacky stuff she wore during the documentary. She definitely needed help on that department. My musings were interrupted when Seunghyun started elbowing my side. I saw Youngbae and Hyunseung break into wide smiles and Hyung actually blushed.

 

“I feel ugly,” Daesung mumbled unwarily.

 

My smirk faded when I saw what made my friends have different expressions. The newcomer sported a white sundress, her dark hair neatly tied into a bun, her face free of cosmetics.

 

She looked like an angel that came down from heaven.

 

And yes, I felt my whole world stop when she flashed a smile at my direction.

 

That was the first time I had a movie-like moment.

 

Romantic or extremely cheesy, I don’t care.

 

This day I finally knew that everything is possible…

 

…even stuff like love-at-first-sights.