e x o

Her Twisted Love Story (semi-hiatus)

The next day, we went back to JYPe to record some remaining songs for our album. We entered the studio and our producer was already waiting.

We bowed. He nodded and examined the song in his hand. "Okay, let's start with Chaemin's first." I nodded and went inside. I placed the headphones on my ears and cleared my throat. Yoonji smiled and mouthed, ‘fighting!’ I grinned and nodded.

After finishing, Yoonji took her turn. Hers was mostly filled with electro-pop and rap. After finishing, she stepped out and grinned. “How was it?” she asked.

“I was still better.” I replied while nodding, earning a smack from her. I grinned. “’was cool, Yoon.” She grinned

The producer stepped out from the studio and said, “I think we can record one more. Is that okay? Or you need to have your jacket shoot now?”

Yoonji and I stared at each other. We were about to answer when the door opened. 

JYP stood there with a big grin plastered on his face. “Hello, Producer Kang!” he greeted. 

“Hello, Jinyoung. We were about to finish. What brings you here?” 

“Ahh. I'll be borrowing them. I have a meeting and my client wants to meet them.” JYP replied. 

Yoonji and I blinked and faced each other. What client? “What is he sprouting now?” Yoonji muttered. 

“Come on, girls!” JYP pushed us out of the building.

Reaching the parking lot, I spoke. “Boss, we brought my car.” 

JYP stopped in his tracks and blinked at me. “So?”

“So she can't leave her precious car alone. That's what she means.” Yoonji nonchalantly said. 

“No worries. I'll call someone to take it back. I'm not letting you both get away.”

“Aww, Boss! We'll just follow you! Don't you trust us?” Yoonji whined.

“Fine. Follow me, and you better or no more comebacks!” JYP threatened.

Yoonji and I stared at each other before laughing. We walked towards my car, opened it and went inside. I took my keys and started the engine. Yoonji played the radio and it was 2PM's Hands Up playing.

We started singing along and loudly yelled, “PUT YOUR HANDS UP!” 

After a while of following JYP, we stopped infront of a building. I looked up and my jaws dropped. 

“Whoa.”

“Wae?” Yoonji looked up and I could see her eyes twinkle. “SM Entertainment?” we both said in unison and started jumping up and down.

“I would appreciate it if you two would keep it low.” JYP snapped. “Follow me.” 

Without much choice, we followed him up to the third floor. He knocked on the door and a low voice said, “Come in.”

Sitting on the swivel chair was none other than Lee Soo Man. But the one that caught my attention was the six guys scattered in the room. From the corner of my eye, I saw Yoonji eyeing them. Knowing her, she's probably thinking who’s good in rapping.

“Come sit!” LSM cheerfully waved us. He stood up and shook hands with JYP.  “Hello, hyung. Oh, as promised. I brought my kids. Chaemin, Yoonji.” We awkwardly stepped forward and said, “Annyeonghaseyo. D&N imnida.” 

LSM chuckled and motioned us to sit down. “And these are my new kids. EXO.” he held and outstretched arm leading to the six guys behind him.

“what's an EXO?” I heard Yoonji whisper.

“WE ARE ONE! ANNYEONG HASEYO! EXO-K IMNIDA!” they cried out in unison. JYP nodded and smiled. I blinked, what was that about. I looked to my left and saw my partner, fighting the urge to laugh.

“Can we get some introductions?” JYP asked. LSM nodded. He snapped his fingers, one guy stepped forward and bowed. He was really good looking. Must be the leader.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Leader Suho imnida.”

Huh. Lucky guess. Then came another one.

“Main vocalist, D.O imnida!” he grinned and bowed.

“Main Rapper Chanyeol imnida.”

This time, I tilted my head to the side and eyed the rapper. Cool, baby-faced yet he had the perfect voice of a rapper. I stole a glance at Yoonji and surely, this one got her attention. Hands off.

“Annyeong. Maknae Sehun imnida.”

“Vocals. Baekhyun imnida.”

“Dancing Machine, Kai imnida.” he gave us a smirk and bowed.

“Annyeong~” Yoonji and I waved. 

After the introductions LSM and JYP started talking about some random stuff. We suddenly felt out of place. I turned to Yoonji who was now engrossed in her phone. 

The tall guy – Chanyeol, towered over her. She looked up and almost dropped her phone. But he had fast reflexes and caught it in no time. He gave it back to Yoonji. I leaned in. Hmm. Interesting.

“Thank you.” Yoonji bowed. 

“I'm Chanyeol.” he held out a hand. Yoonji took it and shook his hand.

“Are you a Cassiopeia?” he asked out of the blue. Yoonji warily nodded. How did he know? That was weird.

After the meeting, we went out of the room and went down to the parking lot. JYP was grinning from ear to ear. 

“How was it?” 

“Are they rookies?” I asked. He nodded.

“I think we have something with those guys. You wouldn't let us meet them for no reason, right? Spill, Boss.” Yoonji said. 

JYP chuckled. “Patience, Ji. For now, they're just your hoobaes. For now.”

That caught my attention. What did he mean by for now?

After that meeting, we went back to the dorm and I plopped down on the couch. Yoonji went inside the kitchen and took the OJ carton. She went back to the living room and sat beside me. I started poking her arm. Which, by the way she hates the most.

“Stop.” She warned.

Poke.

“Chae.”

Poke.

“Yah, Kim Chaemin.”

Poke.

“What do you think Boss Monkey is planning?” I asked.

She shrugged and sipped her OJ again. “For sure, those exo dudes are part of his scheme. I don’t like it.”

“Me too. Oh, well. I’ll be hitting the sack! Goodnight! Turn off the lights!” I reminded her and went inside my room.