Broken

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As you and Bora were wandering around the mall, the boys were busy playing basketball in the gym. Soon, they got tired, sat down on the bench and started drinking water.

“I forgot to ask . . . when is Mi Young’s operation?” asked Baekhyun.

“Um . . . I think . . . it’s on the 1st of April,” said Ilwoo.

“On April Fools?” Kai raised his brow.

“Yeah,” Ilwoo said and took a sip from his water bottle.

“W-what?!” Chanyeol smile faded away.

“What’s wrong?” asked Suho.

“,” Sehun cursed under his breath.

“Mi Young’s birthday . . .” D.O whispered and Chanyeol’s face paled. Chanyeol then stood up and left the basketball court without a word.

“ . . .” Ilwoo whispered as his face lost its expression. He then started packing his stuff. When done he, also, left without a word.

“You just couldn’t have kept your mouth shut could you?” Kai asked, giving Baekhyun a dirty look. Baekhyun just sighed and tousled his own hair in frustration.

-Meanwhile . . .

You were done with your shopping when you headed back home. You ended up buying a dark red, strapless dress that reached just above your knees with a thin, black belt that would be tied above your waist. The dress also got loose down from the belt.

The house was empty when you entered it and unfortunately for you, both Ilwoo and Sehun had left their phones at home.

You decided to go look for them at the basketball court but they weren’t there either. You had no choice but to visit Suho’s house in hopes that you would find them there.

When you arrived, you were shocked to see the entrance door open. You went inside to be greeted by an empty living room.

“Hello, why’s the door open? Anybody home?” you called out as you looked around. When you realized that no one was there, you headed toward the rooms

You looked through the rooms but both of them were empty. You finally reached Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room. The door had been shut so you knocked on the door a couple of times.

“Can I come in?” you asked but received no reply.

You twisted the doorknob and poked your head inside. You spotted Chanyeol sitting in the balcony on the ground, with his face buried in the palms of his hands.

You sighed and made your way toward the entrance of the balcony. After pushing the door aside, you went and sat on the ground next to him. He then suddenly lifted his head up and you could see his red eyes. He had been crying.

“What’re you doing here?” he asked with no expression at all.

“Why are you alone?” you answered his question with another one. He then stood up and started staring at the sky. It seemed like he was in his own world. His right palm was on the nape of his neck and his left hand was in his pocket. You slowly went to his side and turned your head toward him.

“Why don’t you answer me?” you asked with a frown.

“Get out . . . I’m not in the mood of arguing with you right now,” said he. He didn’t even bother to look at you.

 “C’mon, it’s not fair . . . you never leave me alone when I'm sad. What kind of a friend am I if I leave you here like this? Huh?” you tried to look into his eyes but failed.

“I asked you to get the hell out . . .” he whispered, his voice trembling.

“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what happened,” you shook your head stubbornly.

He suddenly turned around and stood in front of you. You had never seen him so angry before, you thought you would melt under his heavy stare. He just stood there with furrowed eyebrows, staring at you as he breathed in an out loudly. He was so scary that you thought he would start yelling at any second.

“I asked you to get out!” he shouted and pushed you slightly. You stumbled a bit as you gave him a doubtful look. Your expression darkened as your smile slowly faded away. You furrowed your eyebrows as you rubbed your shoulders, where he had used to push you. You didn’t say anything, as you saw a tear slide down his soft cheek.

Chanyeol’s expression changed as he looked worried now. He immediately pulled you into his embrace and locked his arms around you protectively.

“I-I’m sorry . . .” he whispered as he gently your hair. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“It’s ok,” you whispered, “it’s my fault.”

You then slowly pushed him away. You were not used to seeing him angry, and you had to admit that he was scary.

Chanyeol just sighed and sat on the chair again.

“Now you probably think that I'm a monster,” he said and covered his face.

“No, Chanyeol, I understand,” you said and sighed. You then leaned against the edge of the balcony and started staring at the scenery.

“I just thought that . . . you know . . . I’d be able to calm you down like you always calm me down. But I guess I'm just not good enough to do so,” you said.

“Chanyeol . . . I know you’re hiding a lot of things behind that bright smile; I'm not blind,” you said softly.

“You know, Mi Young, it’s sometimes better to keep some things to yourself,” he said and made his way back toward you, “here,” he said and took your hand, placing it on his chest.

“Because people wouldn’t like to hear about your pain when they have so much of it themselves,” he said and faked a smile.

“Then why do you always ask me about my problems?! Huh? Why do you always try to calm me down when someone should calm yourself down first?” you almost shouted.

“I can’t stand seeing you sad! That’s why! You don’t understand, do you? Your every tear is like a dagger stabbing me right across the heart,” he shouted.

“Don’t you think I feel the same?” you whispered with a trembling voice. His words were so sweet, yet hurtful, that they would cause you to tear up any second.

“No,” he shook his head, “you never felt the same.”

It was the first time you had seen him so broken, the first time he was crying in front of you. You softly pulled him in for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter