Pancake

Cellphone

For the Lord of the Skies, what could be any less obvious to you, Kim Jongin?! It was such a despair to yell in his face telling that I want him to call my own. Kim Jongin looked at me, waiting for me to answer.

“Do you like Hwang Chara, Sehun?” he repeated.

I regained composure enough to answer convincingly. “I only knew her name yesterday, and besides, she’s your girlfriend. How am I supposed to like her?” I answered quietly in a tone not defensive at all. Can’t you just, open your eyes and see that the one I like is you?!

“I’ll go to sleep,” I stood from the couch and walked to my room, leaving Jongin alone with the TV.

 

For the nth time in my life, I woke up earlier than Kyungsoo hyung. I was stirring the whole night and my eyes just shot open when it was barely dawn. I climbed down my bunkbed and came to the bathroom to wash my face, then I went to the kitchen for, I don’t know, a glass of milk. I opened the fridge and took the box of milk, pouring the contents into the glass.

“Morning Sehunnie. You’re awake.”

I turned around to see Kyungsoo hyung coming at me slowly, rubbing his eyes. He suddenly stopped at the counter and truned around, disappearing at the hallway close to my room. I hear the bathroom door click shut, then he came out, happier and twice as sober.

“What do you want for breakfast?” he asked, examining the contents of the fridge. “Pancake? Omelet?”

“Pancake,” I said coyly, a cute tune slipping out of my mouth without warning.

“Aw, how cute,” Kyungsoo hyung pinched my nose, then laughed at the ridiculosity. “Okay then, you’ll cook with me! Now go wash your hands and get some eggs.”

Kyungsoo hyung opened the tap and washed his hands thoroughly, while I took the eggs, only washing my hands after he was done. He took a huge batter bowl out of the cupboard and I took the sack of flour, then sugar, then milk. Kyungsoo hyung has everything in the kitchen big, to make sure no one is left out. Kyungsoo hyung started mixing and stirring the batter, while I took out the plates and arranged them.

“Sehun ah, can you continue mixing this for me? I need to do some magic,” he winked, and dashed to the bedrooms as the bowl was handed to me. He opened the doors; first Chanyeol hyung’s room, then his room, then my room. He came back to the kitchen and lit the stove.

The magic started.

Kyungsoo hyung poured the first batch of batter, then waited for a while before he could turn the pancake. The smell made my tummy rumble.

I could hear the stirring and groaning from the rooms, and, it made me laugh.

“See? Aren’t I awesome?” Kyungsoo hyung claimed, lifting the first pancake off the pan. He continued cooking, while one by one, zombies started marching out of the rooms. So this is what Kyungsoo hyung witnessed every morning.

Everyone started showing up and filling the dining table seats. My eyes met Jongin’s, and even with the bunch of pancakes beside me, my appetite banished. He took a seat at his usual place, at the edge of the table. I was supposed to be in the middle, on the opposite side, beside Kyungsoo hyung who sits across Jongin.

I helped serving everyone their pancakes, and putting honey and chocolate sauce in the middle of the table. After we were done serving and me and Kyungsoo hyung also got our share, Joonmyun hyung led the prayer and said the grace. Moments like this made me grateful for having this family. Breakfast was our only regular meal at the table, that’s why Joonmyun hyung does it at breakfast instead of dinner.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Author's note:

Hi guys thanks for reading. The story outline is done, which is why I am like thrilled to tell you. I have a bit of problem in chapter five and seven, which might hint to a slightly longer wait before my next update. I'm a pretty blunt person both online and in real life so I don't mind telling, sorry for the people who don't like spoilers and the like ^^v Again, thanks for reading, and please shower the story with love ^^ Thank you so much for reading up till now. Please wait for the updates, I love you <333