EPILOGUE: You

What Is Love?

 

[SHINeesJuliette: I didn't want to cliffhang any of you again so... TA-DA! I hope you guys still wanna read aheh :P <3 ... *bows 360 degrees* haha! ]

 

EPILOGUE: You

~*~*~

While singing the lyrics, my heart and mind suddenly wanted to give up. I clearly heard the loud thud it made, and the thought of it breaking just made me even more miserable. Suho, I know…  He’s perfect for her. He’s by far better compared to me, the shallow weakling. Shattered to pieces, I can no longer stitch it together. I was losing precious time. Something, deep inside my soul whispered to me  to get Yeonhee. I had the great urge, and the soulful prologue I just had gave me strength. I sprinted to her house empty handed.

Time check: 10:45 pm. I didn’t care if Suho was there or what time it was. Dear heavens, to be embarrassed or not, I will say it.

 

I always had her house keys with me, for her parents gave it to me for safety reasons. It made me seem like a drunken guy bashing over in someone’s house. Yes, I was indeed drunk, drunk out of this sick silent ineffable feeling called love.

 

It took me a good 10 minutes before I cracked her door open. But once I got in, it was…

SO DIFFERENT NOW.

Our pictures hang up were no longer there, her room was a big mess as if a thunder roared across it. And I found her curled fur ball self lying on her luckless bed; sheets sprawled all over messily. I walked over to her, and a shade of fright pumped within me as I saw her reddened face.

 

“He left. Baekhyun.. I’m going to New York. I’ll find him.” without an inch of move, she closed her eyes and muffled. My heart ached when my ear processed that she was ‘leaving.’

“I’m going after Suho. I desperately need him.”

“Leave? Suho? When? Huh?!” I inquired, containing the raspy voice I was already having. I was in the verge of tears. Before I knew it, I already forced her to sit up and gripped her shoulders tight.

“My flight’s tomorrow.” She averted her gaze to me. Her saddled eyes pinched my inner being.

“Why are you doing this? You don’t need him.” If you were confused as to why Suho left: Work. Dreams. Whatever you call it, he was chasing success, or was it ever that? Damned Suho just played with my Yeonhee too. I tilted her chin and found her eye contact.

“I don’t know anymore what love is. He said he loved me-“

“Do you love him?”

.....

 

She didn’t answer and shoved me away. “You can’t love him.” I suddenly uttered under my shaky voice. I held her still but she just stared at me, her tears rolled everywhere on her cheeks and streamed down like a river.

 

“Baekhyun.. I’m so fcking confus-” I inched closer to her ears, my desperation and timidity ached down on her spines. I s my hand down her back and pulled her closer, closer than ever. 

 

"You can't fcking love him. You just can't." 

 

I felt her shiver but then, she broke away and sprinted outside the house with just her hanging polo on. I grasped her wrists and didn’t let go. She didn’t care much with the fact it was raining heavily. Shoot. Did I just make a mistake saying that?

 

“Let go of me. Who on earth do you think you are to say I can’t love him!?” Her bladed tongue cut me right through there.

 

“Do you know how hurt I feel? NO! You’ve never been in a relationship!” Tears mixed the rain pouring down, crams of her played with the roars of thunder heard; but her disheveled self was embraced away. I cradled her in my arms so tight; our bodies gave off warmth for one another.

 

“If you knew the blues of my life while you were taken away from me, if you only knew how Chanyeol stood you out that night we dance, when Kyungsoo found you too boring to stroll with-“

 

“What is this? What are you saying-“ I hushed you and continued.

 

“When you dumped Jongin in summer, did you know how happy I was? But you were hurting. When you chose me over Sehun, our first night, the first time I kissed you.” My voice cracked.

 

I audaciously narrated it all. I was in a state of ambivalence. Should I say it? It would hurt to know the truth, but love won’t be worth it unless you risk it for the purpose of an unknown answer, though perhaps, it might be a mutual feeling.

 

“I am your man. I am your hero. I am your everything. I’m that 20 year old man who will give up his life to be with you. I’m the main lead in our drama you ever waited for. I’m that protagonist who will win you over no matter what. No boundaries. Yeonhee I want you, I need you now, this very moment. Please, don’t let go.” I fell on my knees and tugged on her overly-drenched in rain polo. I don’t care if thorns kill me; I would kneel until my flesh bleeds.

 

“Did you know the reasons why we fight every after your break up in seasons? It’s because I hurt for you too. I feel pain. No! More than that. I feel agony!” I cried in rhythm with the droplets of rain.

 

She bent down to me. “Baekhyun.. What is love?” for these 20 years of my living, I never really defined love that well and I didn’t know how to explain.

 

“Seo Yeonhee.” I muttered. I just confessed. I just did. But.. what did she feel? Did she understand?

 

“I love you, too, Byun Baekhyun. You don’t kno-” Her eyes shut as I stopped the rain on her lips. I kissed the rain on her lips that called for attention.

 

I slowly carried her on my arms back to the house as my forehead met hers. We were dripping wet. It was aphotic and the moon’s shadow just gave off a tiny light. Her figure that was hugged by the wet cloth made me lose myself. My childlike thoughts were gone in a snap and my instincts told me what to do so next. I caged her under me and abused what kiss and love meant. She deserved to be loved; she deserved the whole world of love.

“I was desperate seeing you..walking alone but without a vestige of sympathy. I never loved those 5 guys.. it was only just…” she stopped and her tears burst out again, but I kissed those beads of tears away. “Just you Baekhyun.”

 

“I still got a thousand more reasons for every season that enclosed us, but words won’t fill in what I’m feeling right now.” I said.

 

It made me feel an entire century of bliss replaced the 20 years of tears and pain. I placed a soft chaste kiss on her lips and both our caressing warmth enveloped us. I did everything slowly, tenderly. Not because I wasn’t fulfilled, but I wanted every second to count. We were then bound as one. I sang my song to her affectionate lips as I trailed down soft touches on her figure; and whispered from time to time the Romeo and Juliet phrases she loved when she whimpered. I respected her so much so I knew my boundaries. I was sure to ensconce her securely with my arms.

 

What happened was purely love as we didn’t consider lust in our language. It was more than enough what I experienced. Kisses are enough for now. Euphoria enlightened me and my being. We were young lovers and it wasn’t inevitable for such things to happen, but we made it through. She checked the time which read 11:59 pm; her lips brushed on my lips, tracing the words I wanted most to hear. “I love you~ Happy Birthday.”

 

[SHINeesJuliette: OMONA IT IS FINISHED~^^ It was my first time writing this kind of storyline, with a bit of BYUNtae BAEKHYUN at the end... Aigoo I'm sorry yorobeun if I failed. This isn't really my thing and.. I'm still young~ :D.. I hope you enjoyed, nonetheless the crappy descriptions >< hehe :D.. Happy Birthday Lovely Baekhyun. Let's party with Bacons <3 ]