Chapter 5

K-POP Elementary School

Everything written in BLUE means that they're talking in English.



_____________

"Good morning everyone~" Siwon happily greeted his class after the bell rang, indicating for the next lesson to start. The kids were staring at him as if he was some kind of alien. Only Amber was nonchalantly (but still being very polite) saying her greetings. The teacher focused all of his attention towards her and showed a genuinely smile. "Did you already learn some English, Amber?"
"No, I was born in the US, that's why I'm fluent in English."
"That's great. This way you can help your classmates."
"Of course."

Siwon gave her a final smile and looked around the room. Everyone was staring in fascination and anticipation.
"As you may have noticed, we will now begin with our English lessons. Amber already knows a lot and she agreed to help all of you out. We will start with the basics."
Siwon turned around and faced the blackboard, already scribbling some words on it. He pointed at a particular phrase. "With this you can introduce yourself and ask the other party how they are feeling right now. Hello, my name is ~. After the 'is', you put your own name. How are you? I want you to try and speak a bit, so that all of you will get more confident right from the start. And this will be a perfect way to get to know each other better. I'll give you some time now to practice the pronunciation and then you'll each get a partner and try to speak, okay?" Siwon smiled while explaining everything to his students. He then walked around his desk while some of the kids already started to whisper the new sentences and tried to get used to the language.
Jonghyun tensed up a bit as Siwon was clearly going in his direction and quickly whipped his head to the other side. An useless attempt to get ignored by the teacher because this action made Siwon a bit suspicious. "Jonghyun?", asked Amber who witnessed everything. Maybe she tried to help the boy. "My name's Amber. Do you want to talk, Jonghyun?"
He slowly turned towards the calm voice and gave the girl a questioning look. "I asked if you want to talk with me.", repeated the blonde with a small smile.
"Ithink it's time that you start to practice with each other." Siwon was now standing directly in front of the girl and looked around the room. "Just talk with the student next to you. Even if you don't know that many expressions, the one's I've wrote down on the board should help you. I will constantly add some words and phrases. If you have some questions then please ask." His smile never faded and he encouraged his students to talk. It was a rare thing for the kids to be able to talk freely during the lessons, so everyone was kind of excited.
"H-how..." He looked at the board. "...hooooow are y-youuuu...?" He elongated the words and stuttered terribly but Amber just chuckled a bit and answered. "I'm fine. And you?"
"I-I'm fiiiine."

Silence.
Jonghyun shifted his position a little bit and looked Amber in the eyes.
"U-uhm.. How can I say thanks?"
She blinked.
"'Thank you' or 'Thanks' for short." She smiled.
Jonghyun fumbled with his hands but smiled back. "T-thanks."
"What for?"
Amber seemed to be confused.
"U-um, what did you say?"
"Oh, sorry. Why are you thanking me?" She smiled again.
"Because you are patient with me..." He showed a bit of his teeth while smiling brightly.