Chapter Five

I'm Eternally Love

 

          Morning came and the birds sang. BaekHyun woke up first again next to ChanYeol. “Hyung… Hyung, wake up.” ChanYeol was fast asleep. This time. “Hyung…~ Wake up, ChanYeollie…~” ChanYeol mumbled in his sleep which made BaekHyun giggle. He put his face about an inch away from ChanYeol’s and smiled, observing his sleeping beauty. “Oh, my… You have a really nice nose, Yeol… And you lips are so perfect!” BaekHyun took his left hand and moved some strands of hair off of ChanYeol’s face. “Hmm… Your ears… They’re so cute!” BaekHyun sat up and laughed to himself. “Aigoo! They’re so cute! Why are they so cute?!” BaekHyun removed their blanket and squealed. “Wah!~ChanYeollie took off his shirt? Since when?”BaekHyun carefully creeped closer to ChanYeol’s body; trying not to wake him up. “Whoa… His stomach is so flat…! Ah, and he’s so pale and skinny! Keke…” BaekHyun observed his neck. “Hmm… It is true… His neck is really long. Oh, my Gosh. ChanYeol has a giraffe neck!~” 
 
          ChanYeol’s eyes opened his eyes as he groaned a bit. BaekHyun watched as he sat up. “Mm? Something wrong, Baekie?” He shook his head. “No, nothing!~ You have really cute ears! And your neck is rather long…~” ChanYeol made a ‘what-the-’ face. (o.O) “W-What?”“Never mind! Keke… Hope you enjoyed your sleep! I’ll be in the bathroom.” He quickly stole a kiss on the confused boy’s lips and skipped into the bathroom, leaving the shirtless ChanYeol confused. “…What?”
 
          “You done in there yet, Baek?” “No!~ Just hold on!” ChanYeol repeatedly tapped on the door until it suddenly opened. “Yah, Yeol! Don’t do that! Keke…” BaekHyun swiftly walked past the taller boy and jumped onto the bed. ChanYeol watched his every move. “Something wrong?” “Why are you dressed? Eyeliner and everything!” BaekHyun grinned. “We’re going somewhere. Hurry and get changed.” “Where?” “Just change.”
 
          “What is this place?” They were in a mini garden with a bench and a fountain in the center. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” ChanYeol looked at everything. Leaving his mouth open. “Yeah… It is.” “Can you guess where we are?” “Mm… No, to be honest.” BaekHyun sat down and ChanYeol followed. “It’s a really special place to me…” ChanYeol held his hand. “What is it?” “Well, remember I said I made you up as a child?” ChanYeol nodded, his focus deep into the story. “I came here. Everyday after school. Just to talk to you. Err, well, Angel ChanYeol. We laughed, hugged, sang… No one knows about this place. It used to be run-down. Did you know that?”
 
          “Really?”
 
          “Yep… There were bugs and dead plants and broken glass and other things.”
 
          “How’d it get like this, then?”
 
          “It’s a long story…”
 
          ChanYeol tightened his grip on BaekHyun’s hand. “I’m willing to listen.” And he smiled.
 
          “You helped me.”
 
          “Me?”
 
          “Yes, you… You told me we should work together to clean this place up. Secretly after school, we could clean it up: one-by-one. One day I would dust the place, the next day I’d weed the grass, the next I’d paint… just, anything. One day, we finished. It was beautiful. Even more beautiful than right now. That day, I forgot about you. And I’ve never came here since.” 
 
          ChanYeol his dry lips. “Why are the flowers still alive?” “You see… I don’t know why. I never came back here. No one did. No one knows about this place. But, all the flowers are still alive and blooming. Or… Almost all.” “What do you mean?” “From what I can remember… Here, I’ll show you.” BaekHyun took his hand and led his to a row of red roses. 
 
          “Do you see that one?” “The blue one?” “Yes… Do you see how it hasn’t bloomed yet?” ChanYeol nodded. “It was the only blue rose seed I had. It was… magical, I guess. I planted it and it grew like every other plant. But… It was like me almost. When I was sad after school, that flower would go back to a nonbloomed flower. And when I was happy, it’s petals were big and spread out. I haven’t seen it in sixteen years… And it isn’t blooming yet.”
 
          “Does that mean you’re not happy?” “I don’t know… I mean, I’m pretty happy. I met you. My guardian. My angel. My one and only. But, it won’t bloom.” “How do you know it didn’t bloom over the past sixteen years?” “I just… I just know.” ChanYeol nodded and held BaekHyun’s hand. “It’s alright. You can let it out.” A tear rolled down his cheek. There wasn’t really a reason to cry. All that was happening was a flower ceased to bloom. But… It really did something to BaekHyun. It was a parasite to him. He couldn’t control his tears. They kept leaking out of his eyes. “I-I… I think I know why it won’t bloom.” “Why?” BaekHyun gripped ChanYeol’s hand and swallowed hard. He didn’t want to say the words that were about to come out of his mouth but… “This is a dream.”
 
          BaekHyun woke up to the sound of birds chirping again. His eyes hurt really bad and his nose was stuffed. He sat up and felt one side of his face. It was wet. Was he crying in his sleep? He rubbed his eyes and walked to his bathroom. Something was missing. He looked everywhere in his bathroom, but he couldn’t tell what was gone… He just shrugged it off and brushed his teeth.
 
          He peeked at his bed and saw ChanYeol was sleeping. Whew… He’s still here. So maybe it wasn’t a dream… Maybe. BaekHyun looked out the window and smiled. “You’re here every morning, birdies… Every morning.” BaekHyun, not knowing what to do, casually walked over to his calendar which was hanging on his closet door. “Hmm… Today’s the twentie-… Wha-?” The last day marked was the eighteenth… The day ChanYeol came… ChanYeol.
 
          No.
 
          Not ChanYeol. Anything but ChanYeol.
 
          If ChanYeol was the thing that was missing… Just life.
 
          BaekHyun’s heart beat fast. He slowly turned around and walked to the bed. “It’s alright, Baek. ChanYeol’s asleep… On the bed…” He slowly reached his hand out and grabbed the blanket. He blew out and ripped the blanket off.
 
          “ChanYeol?”
 
          The bed was empty. No ChanYeol. No person. No life. No love. So, it was just a dream, then? He never met ChanYeol? He never ordered pizza? He never held his hand? He never slept with him? It wasn’t real?
 
          BaekHyun’s lips shook. His tears were forming quickly. They hung at his waterline and exploded when they grew too large. “ChanYeol…” BaekHyun fell onto the floor. “ChanYeol… I was happy. I had you. I found you. It felt so real… We held hands. We kissed. We slept together… But, it was all just a dream… Just another dream.”
 
          “Whatever you do, BaekHyun”, he thought, “Don’t talk bad about yourself.” He bit his lip and shut his eyes tight. “Don’t do it… It’s not your fault… you can’t control dreams… ChanYeol’s real. Just don’t lose hope, okay? You’re stronger than this…” BaekHyun tried to fight back his tears, but to no avail. They just kept streaming down his face. BaekHyun forced himself onto his bed, water bursting out his eyes. 
 
          BaekHyun wrapped his arms on the spot ChanYeol was ‘sleeping’ on and he cried harder, thinking of the memories that had together and realizing it was all fake. Again.His tears completely soaked both his bed and mind. He couldn’t think straight anymore. He lost ChanYeol again.
 
          He couldn’t hold it in anymore. He screamed as loud as he could. So many thoughts went through his mind. “It felt so real.” “Is this a dream?” “It’s not your fault.” “ChanYeol’s real.” “Don’t bag on yourself. Don’t do it.” “You love ChanYeol, and ChanYeol loves you.”
 
~*~
Ah! ;A; I’m sorry, Baekie! I wasn’t going to make you meet Yeol this quick! riceisnice is a terrible person omg.
Sorry, guys! Just keep reading c: Maybe they’ll meet soon!~ Thanks for all the subs! <3 I want everybody to comment!(: So comment, comment, comment!
~*~