chapter 8

Liar

 

 

Myungsoo's POV 
 
I walked out of the hospital. *What .. just happened ?* I thought, I froze in the spot. "UUUGGHHHGG" I screamed as I pulled my hair, I gained a lot of stares from the nurses but I didn't really care. I walked to my car, went in and slammed the door. "~~~~~, sorry, really. Why was I so stupid? Ahh Kim Myungsoo, you bad person." I rest my head on the steering wheel as my eyes started to tear up.
 
*Flashback, ~~~~~'s POV*
"Yah Kim Myungsoo! I'm not kidding, what if I get pregnant? Huh? What will you do? We're not even married and what are you gonna-" Myungsoo  hugged me from behind. "Pabo." He said and  patted my head. "Don't worry. If you get pregnant I'll quit being a trainee and take up 2 jobs. We'll be the cutest family!" You slapped his arm off. "Psshh you're just saying that. You can't quit being a trainee, you've always wanted to be a singer and-" "That doesn't matter, you're more important to me than my career and besides, I know you'll make the cutest mum, I love you ~~~~~." "Pshhh, don't lie to me Kim Myungsoo." You playfully nudged him.
*End of flashback*
 
*A few days later, ~~~~~'s POV*
 
"OMMMMA!" Lauren ran up to you  as you entered your mum's apartment. You picked her up and carried her. "Did you miss me? Are you feeling better?" You pinched her cheeks. "Mmm, I feel better now! I miss you, why are you so busy omma?" "Aigooo, sorry Laurenie. Today, do you want me to take you shopping? I'll buy you ALL the toys that you want, hmm?" "Okay, I love you mum!" You smiled and took her to get dressed.
 
*At the mall*
"OMMA! THAT ONE TOO! I WANT PORORO ." "Okay, wait a minute I'll pay for it now okay." While paying for her toys, you recieved a text from Jihyun eonnie.
 
Jihyun: WHERE ARE YOU? WE'RE PRACTICING TODAY!
 
Me: OH, SORRY I FORGOT THT WE HAD THAT TODAY. I'M LOOKING AFTER LAUREN TODAY, AISH EONNNNNMMMM IE, CAN'T I MISS OUT FOR ONE DAY? ㅠ____ㅠ
 
Jihyun: e________e don't make me drag you.
 
Me: Fine, but I can't just leave Lauren on her own. My mum's visiting a friend and whatnot.
 
Jihyun: JUST BRING HER HERE, THE DANCE INSTRUCTORS AREN'T HERE TODAY, HURRY.
 
Me: OKAY I'M ON MY WAY NOW ㅠ___ㅠ
 
"Lauren, I have to do something with my friends. Do you want to come and watch?" "Omma, are they the scary guys from last time that kept pinching my cheeks? Only you can pinch my cheeks omma. They scare me." "Uhh, I promise that they won't pinch your cheeks or else I'll bite their hands off, okay? Now let's go!" You hurried to the parking lot and drove off. 
 
"I'm here! I'm sorry for being late!" You bowed to the 4minute and Infinite members. "That's okay, just start practicing, we only have a few more days till' the performance!" Said Jihyun. You nodded and sat Lauren down on a chair. "Laurenie, I'm sorry that I couldn't take you shopping for long, I'll make it up to you okay?" "Okay, I'll sit here quietly then. Omma, hwaiting!" Lauren kissed your cheek.
 
You looking around for Myungsoo. He was sitting down across the room with a water bottle in his hands. He looked at you as you started walking to him. "Umm, h..hey. Let's get s..started." You couldn't help but stutter. He nodded and stood up. 
 
Myungsoo hardly looked at you while you were practicing. It was a relief because most of the time you were staring at him. The both of you finally learnt your part of the dance, only some movements needed to be adjusted. 
 
"BRAKE TIME!" Yelled Sunggyu. Everyone yawned, it was already 10:00pm. "Omma!" Yelled Lauren. You walked to her and sat down next to her. "Omma, I'm hungry." Lamuren pouted. "Hungry? Do you want me to buy you something, what do you want?" "I don't know, omma can I come with you?" "To buy food? Okay, we'll have to be quick though!" You grabbed Lauren's coat and your purse. 
"Yaah, where are you going?" Asked Myungsoo. You turned around. "Lauren and I are gonna buy a few things, we'll be right back." "I'll come with you." Your eyes widened. "N..no, y..ou don't have to.." Myungsoo grabbed his wallet. "There's a store around the corner anyway, and plus I'm hungry as well, let's go." Myungsoo walked ahead of you out of the room, you and Lauren quickly caught up.
 
You were holding Lauren's hand as the three of you were walking. "Appa, hold my hand as well!!" Lauren said as she grabbed Myungsoo's hand. Both you and Myungsoo looked at each other. Myungsoo ruffled Lauren's hair and smiled. "Why did you call me appa?" "Because you bought me cotton candy, I like it very much. I want a dad like you!" Lauren said and giggled. You blushed and looked away. "Really? Laurenie, do you really want a dad like me?" Lauren nodded and giggled. *What. Is. Going. On.* You thought. You gave him a death glare and leaned towards him. "Yah, what are you on about?" You whispered. "What? Am I not allowed to talk to my own daughter?" He whispered back. "Yeah, but you're not supposed to act like that." He frowned. "Why not?" "Because I said so." You poked your tongue out at him. "But what if I wanted to be her dad?" "Well, you can't because we're not a family, stupid." "Then, what if we were a family?" "No." "Why?" "Because you have Eunji." Myungsoo was speechless. This made the atmosphere a whole lot awkward, while Lauren skipped happily.
 
*Myungsoo's POV*
 
*Oh, I do have Eunji.* I thought.  *But, I also have Lauren and ~~~~~* I looked at her. To be honest my feelings for ~~~~~ never went away, they just faded a little, especially when I started dating Eunji. I tried so hard to move on. *Wow, my life is pretty messed up.* I thought to myself. 
 
"We're back!" ~~~~~ yelled as we walked back in the practice room. She looked really cranky, is she mad at me or something? "Appa, I'm tired ~" Lauren tugged on the side of my shirt. I carried her. "Are you? Do you want to sleep on appa?" She nodded and rested her head against my shoulder. "Goodnight." I mumbled. *Where's ~~~~~* I thought. She was sitting against the mirror, drinking a bottle of water. I walked up to her. "Is she sleepy? Give her to me." She said as she spread out her arms. I shook my head. "It's okay, she's not that heavy." "Hey you two, go home and rest, you've worked hard today." Said Sunggyu. We nodded and ~~~~~ started to grab all of our stuff and put them in her car, since mine wasn't here anyways. It was an awkward ride home, none of us talked.
 
We reached an apartment, I was guessing that it was her mum's. "Lauren stays here with my mum." said ~~~~~. I nodded and got out of the car and grabbed Lauren who was in her baby seat/booster, still sleeping. I followed ~~~~~ to the apartment room. It was very spacious and comfy. ~~~~~ lead me to Lauren's room. It was filled with many stuffed toys and old baby photos. "Just put her here." ~~~~~ said. I placed Lauren gently down on her bed and both of us walked out of the room, closing the door. "Thanks for helping." She said as she started to make coffee. "You drink coffee, right?" I nodded and she gave me a cup. There's so many questions that I want to ask her. "So, when is her birthday?" "Who? Lauren's? It's in a few weeks actually, I was thinking of having a simple party at her day care. Do you want to come?" "Huh? Oh, of course!" "Great, I'll text you the details. You  didn't change your number yet right?" I nodded. I actually didn't expect her to invite me to celebrate Lauren's birthday, I felt included even though I'm her dad.
 
(A/N: wow you guys must really hate me rn haha, idk I can't find any interesting twists to this plot tbqh uggggghhh. I kind of gave up on this story plot ages ago but since I have 3 days left of school holidays, I might as well update as much as I can ;~;)