Nothing is as it seems.

Hee-Soon's hell house. [ Re-writing, read Chapter 8! ]

 

The rocky path I was following through the woods never seemed to end; the air was getting colder by the second while the ruffling of trees and dead tree branches filled my ear drums like headphones pumping at the highest volume.

I dug my hands into the warmth of my jacket’s pockets and crooked my head to the side, slowly looking behind me.
Still no sight of Yongguk.

Was I an idiot for thinking that he’d somehow catch up to me? He was probably lying dead in a ditch somewhere for all I knew…And what did I do? Nothing. I could’ve looked harder, or at least tried to lift the rocks off.. aish, I’m such a bad dongsaeng.

But to be honest I knew this whole competition was a bad idea from the beginning; I don’t know why hyung kept on insisting that we compete-it would only scar us or worse… take our lives. “Well it’s too late now” I sighed, looking to the ground in front of me and kicking a stray pebble. “Maybe… maybe I should go look for him..” I mumbled to myself as I stopped walking and considered my thoughts…. then soft sound of footsteps behind me stole my attention. “Y-Yongguk” I stuttered, grinning like an idiot I turned around, ready to attack my hyung with a hug… but once I turned around the figure I saw was anyone but my hyungs’… It was a girl, a young one- maybe only 7 or 8 years of age.
I couldn’t really make out her face properly, it was too dark to see any details-the only source of light I had was the moonlight shining over her porcelain-like skin. But I could see her eyes-perfectly. They were large, owl-like eyes with a gentle brown colour; so warm…. so innocent. Long black hair hung down her shoulder blades, like a mermaid’s glowed in the moonlight; complementing her soft smile.
She seemed nice.
Innocent.
….. Harmless.
 

I was about to ask her of her name, ask her why such a small girl is by herself in such a dark forest like this one. Maybe she was lost, or maybe she knew a way out. So many answers I could have retrieved from her… until I felt a sharp, hard object smash into the back of my skull.
The pain was near unbearable, my legs soon gave way and I fell right under the girl’s feet; I looked up at her with pleading eyes, I could feel the pain getting worse as my blood rushed out of my skull, soaking my once soft, yellow curls into a red, wet mess of blood.

The girl looked down at me with sad eyes as the other mysterious figure grabbed a hold on my ankle and slowly started dragging me across the path- my blood leaving a thick, red trail over the rocky footpath. I was in too much pain to fight back or even get a glimpse at my abuser. Everything started to go fuzzy around me as my eyes were getting heavy; the girl started to fade away as the distance between us lengthened.

Who was she? Why wasn’t she helping me? Was she even real, or was she just a figure of my imagination? ….. and who was this person who was trying to kill me?
….. So many unanswered questions, but they meant nothing to me now.
I give up… mianhae hyung… guess you’re going to have to win this stupid competition by youself.
~~~~~~~~~~

Zelo POV-end.