Self realisation....?

Hee-Soon's hell house. [ Re-writing, read Chapter 8! ]

 

Minzy POV

“I Swear all you do is eat! How can you be that skinny if you spend the whole day stuffing your face?” Yoona yelled, half chuckling.

“I dunno – I have a high metabolism.” I said while stuffing another spoonful of rice in my mouth. This was surprisingly nice! I was expecting a horrible concoction of meat, rice and egg when I was about to open the lid of my bento. But was surprised – I mean yeah it was cold but the mixture of spices and flavours that would dance around my tongue after each spoonful was really enticing.

-Real time-

Uggh, I really have to stop thinking about that… I repeated to myself in my mind. I was hungry. Again. I had eaten my whole bento and had at least half of Yoona’s and I was still reminiscing about those  joyful thoughts of the icy tip of my metal chopsticks touching my warm tongue; slowly releasing the flavour-some food into  the pit of my mouth.

GWAH! Snap out of it Minzy!

Why? Why did I have to accept Yoona’s offer to compete with her?! It had been 40 minutes since I ate something!

Yoona seemed to read my mind as she opened her small mouth and blurted something at me -“God Minzy – stop thinking about food and hurry up!”

I snapped out of my mental self-bashing and realised she was far ahead of me, the dirty white tiles emitting a power smell; as I hazily jogged up to her stationary figure, clutching my cold fingers against the outer walls of  my nose.

God this room stank

“Hey unni, how’s your hand coming along?” I asked as I saw her pale, slim fingers interlined around it.

“Its okay I guess, but the numbing liquid is slowly wearing away” She softy said as she sent me a warm smile.

I stuttered a bit before mumbling a simple ‘Okay’, to be honest the smile really shocked me – I hadn’t seen her smile like that in ages. The way her eyes would glisten and her thin lips would highlight her flawless facials was something I envied most about her. Sure she could be a bit rude or even confronting sometimes but she had a heart, and that heart was the very reason I accepted her offer, the very reason I am determined to face these challenges fully aware of the slim chance of survival. All for Yoona; all for Yoona’s piercing smile.

Sometimes I even questioned myself if I had more than feelings of friendship towards her.

I looked beside me at her flawless body steadily pacing down the spiralling hallway we were in.

Her porcelain face, plump lips and bright eyes reflecting the dim lights made her look like her entire being was that of an angel’s.

Her…her plump, perky s lightly bobbing after each step her immaculate, never ending- lengthy legs would make was making me salivate; the thought of her body on top of mine was like a prize I could never receive, an object I could never obtain- wait.

WHAT?

Why, why was I thinking about my best friend like that?!

I promised myself long ago I would never think of her in that way again.

B-but her body was soo perfect…. So.. ..Enticing... ..So… y.

Was I a lesbian?

No. No you’re not; you like men remember! Like- like, that boy! Zelo.. remember the dirty thoughts you had about him? I heard my conscience contradict my thoughts as I was desperately trying to come to a personal realisation.

Then I must be biual…

“Minzy?” I turned around to see Yoona’s face staring at me in confusion. I was standing a good two metres in front of her, as she stood face to face with a rusty metal door that reflected her shivering physique.

“Oh- Sorry I walked off unni, I was just day-dreaming”

“Oh- Can you come over here and help me open this door please? It just wont budge” She said as she had her fingers curled around the door handle trying to push her weight against the cold door as she turned the metal handle.

“Unni, don’t do that! You might injure yourself more” I yelled as I quickly jogged to Yoona’s location, nervously placing my hand upon hers as I removed it from the vicinity of the door handle.

God, what was wrong with me?

I thought as I was trying to push the door open, my to my disappointment it wouldn’t budge until Yoona and I gave it one last thudge, knocking the door slightly off its hinges.

“Wow Minzy-ah, you’re strong!” She smiled as she walked into the room, her eyes growing wide like a school-girl’s as she scanned the perimeter.

I mimicked her movements as I took my own steps into the room. The floor was covered in pearly white tiles that were the complete opposite to the dirty ones outside, it looked as if they had just been cleaned – so clean we could see our pale faces glistening at us from the reflection. The walls were all white with smaller square titles as the backing, along with 2 red and white stripes running across its length about 4 metres off the ground highlighting the large pool located in the middle of the room.

As Yoona and I walked closer to the pool Yoona noticed a pile of rocks by its side, randomly laying in an untidy pile – attempting to cover a faded grey envelope.

Yoona picks up the eerie envelope before reading it aloud, her soft voice filling the large room and bouching off the walls, countering the eerie silence that was in its place.

‘Welcome contestant.

If you are reading this right now than you have stumbled across the indoor pool vacinity.

This my friend, is a stage in the game;

The objective is simple, find the key that unlocks the door on the other side of the room.

Be ready to use your swimming skills; because the key is in that pool!

If you do find the key, you will have completed this round and obtained your freedom – for now.

Don’t forget to look around for any clues!

 

Hee-Soon, Madam grotesque.’

“So… This is all apart of the game?” Yoona rhetorically asked, before sitting her plump bottom on the smooth tiles.

“I guess so”

“Minzy-ah do you think you could swim in there and find the key? I can’t swim very well with my hand like this”

“Hmmm, I guess” I meekly said while I leaned over the edge of the pool. It was large, about two thirds of the size of an Olympic one. Knowing myself, and my love for swimming I would have easily accepted Yoona’s question, removing my clothes and jumping in; letting the cold of the water tickle my skin and the chlorine stick to my coarse purple hair, but something was different about this pool – usually when you look into the deep end of a pool you can see the creamy tiles at the bottom looking back up at you; but with this pool you couldn’t see anything. Not the tiles at the bottom, not the difference between the deep and shallow ends, not even your reflection. 

The water was a sickly green/blue colour that reminded me of mould growing on a week- old piece of bread left to rot past its expiration date. When I would try to look deeper into the water desperately trying to decipher what was at the bottom or even how deep it was, I would just continue seeing the light swirls of putrid greens and blues like everywhere else in it vicinity.

“C’mon Minzy! Hurry up, we don’t have all day we have to meet the others in 20 minutes!”

God, Now I could feel Yoona’s personality irritating me.

Without thinking I took off my daggy clothes, stripping down to a bra and boxers as I took a deep breath and lunged my body into the muggy water. The cold was abnormal, sending chills down my spine and stiffening my bones.

I managed to open my eyes within the midst of it all – observing my blurry surroundings. I couldn’t see much, but the small things I could make out were definitely strange and rather unhygienic. There was a collection of pebbles and small rocks strangely sticking to the sides of the pool and other odd remnants were floating through the water, some even sticking to my body as I swam towards the bottom, not having a clue where to turn.

So I was looking for a key.

A key.

Where would someone hide a key in water?

I guess I was near the bottom when I saw a large clump of stones and sticks near the flooring.

I quickly swam towards its location; hopefully the key would be hidden somewhere between them.

Once I made it somewhat close to the bottom the water started stinging my eyes as I tightly slammed them shut.

Arrgh did something die here?

Damn, so now I have to search with my friggen hands. Great, just great.

I was starting to lose my breath as my hands hastily searched for the key, moving rock and sticks around as they searched every crack, hole and craver you could see – and I still couldn’t find they damned key.

this I thought as I slowly opened my eyes, the stinging sensation getting worse.

Suddenly my body went into a silent state of mental shock as I tried to comprehend what was surrounding me > It wasn’t rocks and sticks, but a foul collection of organs, bones and muscles; and the things that were floating in the water were flakes of skin and particles of hair.

Omg, T-This can’t be happening!

T-There cant be bodies here, its- its just not logic, why would someone in the right mind just dump a few bodies into a pool of water? I must be dreaming - Yes, that’s it! Im just hungry and my eyes are pulling tricks on me.

Then, pulling tricks or not – my eyes spotted a faint object in the collection of bodies.

The Key.

Except it was resting between a fresh-looking body, skin was still attached and the blood was still emitting from it – slowly mixing with the water.

And that’s when I had it, my mind gave way. I closed my eyes as my body fell, collapsing into the bed of bodies as everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hiiiiii~

Wow, was this chapter awkward or what~

Sorry if this chap is rather short or lacking quality, my mind is really %&$@#! when it comes to Hee- Soon's hell house at the moment :(

Oh~ And i think (Im not sure yet) i might be permanetly shortening the chapters as of now, because they are just getting too lengthy and they're probably tiring your brains :P So i will try to keep them between 1000-2000 words araso?

PS- You should check out my other fics!

My One-shot collection ( included) - Im writing the 1st chap now ;)

Blood ties - This daebak fic im writing with this chic - heartcupcake. It kinda ties to the whole horror genre and it features a lot of similar characters this fic has :)

Pss- You should really check out her awesome fics!

Playful kiss - This fluff fic i wrote when i first joined AFF, not my best work but some people seem to enjoy it xD