The real game begins [Pt I]

Hee-Soon's hell house. [ Re-writing, read Chapter 8! ]

 

CAP POV

“” I muttered under my breath.

The room smelt so bad, it was beginning to get hard to breathe; All I could feel was the strong smell of rat droppings and pesticides trailing up my nose and leaving a dry, muggy feeling in the back of my throat.

L.Joe and I had been exploring this hell hole for what seemed like ages. I looked at my watch and groaned as it revealed only 13 minutes had passed.

The hallway we were walking through seemed to go on for ever; when I opened the front doors with the others behind me it looked pretty small, but once you get in- it’s like a puzzle of mazes; every turn making you wither away into the mess that it is even more than the last.

“CAP, do you have any idea where we’re heading?” L.Joe asked for what seemed like the 5th time in the last 10 minutes.

“No. And I won’t know in the next two minutes either, so don’t bother asking”

I heard him snicker as he was about to retaliate before I sent a quick death glance in his direction.

, he can be annoying as hell sometimes.

“Well we’re running out of time, we have to take a chance and explore further than this hallway”

He said in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

Knowing myself, I would have easily thought of a comeback- but truth was he was right, we did need to start exploring more. We had come across over a hundred doors throughout the length of this hallway but we were both scared less as to opening one.

“See that door down there?” I said as I looked down the dark hallway; lit by only an old light bulb hanging from a brown string off the roof.

“Yeah” He said dumbfounded as he spotted the chipped wooden door I was speaking of.

“We HAVE to open it araso!”

He stuttered a bit before evicting a simple ‘okay’ and lightening his pace towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Okay, ready?” I asked, my left hand grasping the door handle.

“Ready”

I slowly opened the very archaic door with an eerie creak.

“So much for being quiet hyung” L.Joe mumbled.

Once the door opened we saw a very elegant room- what looked to be a bedroom.

In the middle of the room, it had a bench and a sowing machine that was connected to a burgundy –coloured chair; the room was filled with dozens of clothe racks that had pieces of clothing ridden with dust from the years of neglect.  The floor was layered with a dark burgundy- coloured velvet carpet that was decorated with gold floral spirals.

But the one thing that seemed to stick out the most was the large eerie sword that was hanging over the doorway on a wooden post. It was decorated with lots of red jewels and looked really expensive.

This room was far different than the rest of the asylum, it was elegant, organised and most of all normal.

My train of thought was lost when L.Joe rudely interrupted it.

“Hyung, what’s that?” He said as he pointed to a piece of folded grey paper that was sitting on the sowing machine chair.

I walked over and placed it in my muscular hands, reading it aloud.

‘Welcome contestant.

If you are reading this right now than you have stumbled across the sowing room.

This my friend, is a stage in the game;

The objective is simple, find the key that unlocks the door on the other side of the room.

If you do find the key, you will have completed this round and obtained your freedom – for now.

Don’t forget to look around for any clues!

Hee-Soon, Madam` Grotesque.’

“D-do you think this is actually a stage in the game hyung?” L.Joe asked a flutter of confusion washing across his pixie-like face.

“I guess so”

“But don’t you think its a bit too easy? I mean how hard is finding a key?”

“Yeah I get what you’re saying. There’s a catch – but what? That hag wouldn’t put us through what she did last round then give us a simple task like this second round; plus didn’t she say it gets harder each round?” I said whilst examining the massive bookshelf situated against the sleek white walls.

“Im not sure; but we better start looking. We have weapons remember- so at least we can fight back”

“True I guess. You start looking over there and I will look through the bookshelf araso?”

“Araso” he said before leaving my side to search for the key.

We were looking through the room to no prevail; we looked high and low, back and forth but we still couldn’t find that cursed key.

“ing hell!” I cursed as I kicked the book shelf and sat on the velvet carpet; books falling around from the force of my kick.

“Hyung whats wron- Hey! Whats that?”

I turned to see L.Joe pointing his finger at a piece of grey paper sticking out from where a book had fallen. I immeadiantly got out of my sitting position and grabbed the piece of paper, before reading it aloud.

‘Congratulations!

You have found the first clue, thus being one step closer to finding the key.

Now follow these instructions carefully:

Leave the sowing room and return to the hall,

Keep walking north of the hall 20 metres until you come across a white door with a burgundy handle.

Enter the room,

Go to the bookshelf east of the room and slide it away from the wall;

Find the key in one of the compartments.

Good luck!

Hee-Soon, Madame grotesque.

Before long, we found ourselves face to face with a badly painted white door with a loose burgundy handle.

“This is it, you ready?”

“Yes”

I opened the door, half expecting to be barraged by a million knives but instead was shocked by the fact that the room looked exactly like the one we had just been it.

The same sowing machine; the same bookshelves; the same floral pattern carpet; the same everything.

In the midst of my mind time-out, I regained myself and continued with my task; Byung-hyun and I had already been exploring here for half an hour already; we had to hurry because if we didn’t meet up with the others in the next 15 minutes they might start to worry.

“So everyone grab a weapon and get ready. We will all meet back here in an hour okay”

Why the hell did I have to say that?

“CAP bro, c’mon! I can’t move this book shelf all by myself” L.Joe grunted from the other side of the room, contradicting himself by slowly shifting the book shelf away from the wall.

“Im coming”

With my help we quickly moved the book shelf away from the wall. Behind the book shelf had a wall made entirely of glass; behind the wall of glass was a table and a sowing machine connected to a chair.

As we looked closer we noticed a small tunnel-like compartment in the middle of the wall, about shoulder height. It was a small cube-shaped tunnel that went in about a metre deep and reached the end of the table behind the glass.

“Hyung look!” L.Joe cheered as he pointed to the table behind the glass.

I looked closer to see the key sitting at the end of the table, all I had to do was stick my hand in there, grab the key and be out of here.

“I will stick my hand in there araso!” I said to L.Joe as I started to roll up my sleves.

“But your biceps are too big! Your arm would never fit!”

“But Im the only one who is tall enough to reach it! And there is NO way in hell I am giving you a piggy back ride” I pointed out as L.Joe shot me a death glare; why did he hate people mentioning his height so much? I mean there is nothing wrong with being a short guy- or even a REALLY short guy in his case.

“Araso,araso. Just hurry up! I gotta go pee”

“Fine, fine Im doing it now!” I said as I managed to slide the skin up to my elbow through the cube-shaped tunnel.

I managed to grab the key from the table and I grasped it tightly in my hands, not daring to even THINK about dropping it.

Arrg, it was a tight squeeze and to be honest I wasn’t sure if I could wriggle my arm back out of there.

“Good job hyung” I looked back at L.Joe with my arm still tightly in the tunnel as he said that.

“No problem” I smiled before the sudden change of L.Joe’s facials told me something was up.

He was staring behind me at the glass table, I didn’t dare look behind me as I had this eerie feeling there was a fire or something bad about engulf my arm in a barrage of flames.

“M-minsoo, w-who – w-what is THAT?!” he yelled, as I spun my head around and saw a ghastly woman staring at me through the glass, her face inches away from mine – separated by only the thin shard of crystal-clear glass.

My body froze as she let out a wicked laugh, throwing her head back; face towards the ceiling showing her wrinkled, scarred neck. No. She couldn’t have been a woman; she just looked too horrid to be classed as one, or even as a human being.

She had short-ish light brown hair that fell to the tip of her shoulders, it was very messy and from where I was it looked like dead grass. Her face was wrinkled and had a collection of small cuts throughout its canvas; it looked as if someone had thrown a million shards of glass at her, each leaving their own signature scar to remind her of their victory.

She was wearing a white dress that looked like a dish cloth, it didn’t complement her disgusting body at all – as she looked a bit over weight and her body fat was uneven, the top half of her body (Her stomach and head) was big and bulgy, when her legs were as thin as IU’s.

The sound of L.Joe screaming was what brought my body and my mind back to reality as I saw the lady had took a seat at the table behind the glass and was weaving a black thread through the sowing machine.

“HYUNG TAKE YOUR ARM OUT OF THERE NOW!” He yelled again, this time punching my arm to ‘wake’ me up a bit more.

I looked at the lady then at my arm; my arm was practically on the sowing table, I could feel the slight heat emitting from the machine and bouncing off my cold skin when it hit me – what was she planning to do? Wait. No. She wouldn’t, that would just be… barbaric! It seemed as if she had read my thoughts as she sent an eerie smile in my direction.

I quickly tried to wriggle my arm out if the small tunnel, it seemed to be getting smaller and smaller each second.

“HYUNG HURRY UP!” L.Joe screamed as he frantically started pulling my arm out of the tunnel, grunting after each strong pull.

My arm wasn’t coming out too soon as I decided to plead with the mysterious lady.

“Please, please don’t do this. I-I never did anything to you! Im just trying to get this key” I said as I pointed my chin to the key still firmly clutched in my left hand.

“PLEASE-PLEASE NOO- ARRRGGGGGGG” I Screamed in agony as the lady pulled the key out of my hand, laid it out straight and stuck a long, rusty nail into the middle of my hand.

“HEY! NO! DON’T DO THIS PLEASE I BEG YOU!” I heard L.Joe scream as he was frantically banging on the glass. I think I even heard him grab a chair and furiously bash it against the glass, but to no avail; it just wouldn’t break.

Blood was starting to furiously rush out of my hand and I tried desperately not to scream out in agony once more, but simply replaced that with pleas towards the woman.

She laughed as she dipped her finger in the steadily growing puddle of blood and started to write something on the glass.

‘As he watches his friend scream in pain, does he use his brains to win the game?

The ice is near destructible, but an item from the past could shred it in a simple blow.

What hangs as an prize is a goal for many, but the greed of others could cause it to vanish’

“WHAT THE IS THIS MEANT TO MEAN? GREED OF OTHERS COULD CAUSE IT TO VANISH? WTF HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT US TO FIGURE THAT OUT!” L.Joe screamed, his voice echoing through the room.

The woman did all but acknowledge his presence, all she did was sit back down in her chair.

I stared at my blood  that was glistening off the glass. Why? Why was she doing this? I thought as a suddent rush of pain shot through my arm.

“AHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG” I Screamed in pain as the woman had moved the sowing machine next to my hand and was slowly sowing patterns into my palm.

“HYUNG! HYUNG! ARE YOU OKAY?” L.Joe screamed, as he started banging on the wall.

He stopped for a moment and looked at the blood wrighting on the glass.

‘As he watches his friend scream in pain, does he use his brains to win the game?’

That’s me. I am watching Minsoo scream in pain.

‘The ice is near destructible, but an item from the past could shred it in a simple blow’.

The ice, the ice, what is the ing ice?!

The glass! The ice – I tried to smash it before but nothing worked.

‘but an item from the past could shred it in a simple blow’.

Something can smash it. But what? An item from the past. What item from the past?

‘What hangs as a prize is a goal for many, but the greed of others could cause it to vanish’

Hangs as a prize. Hangs as a prize.

“I GOT IT!” I heard L.Joe Yell as he ran out of the room at the speed of lightning.

What a jerk. He is abandoning me! In a time like this?!? I swear to ing god I am going to kill him when I get out of here.

I felt my bones jingle and I could feel anger filling up my veins fast.

Soon my soft pleas towards the woman had turned to disturbing death threats.

“I S-swear to g-god, when i-I ge-tt out of h-here I am g-going to r-rip you to s-shreads with my b-bare teeth! W-who a-re y-ou? Your t-the messed up o-old hag H-hee-Soon r-right” I shot at the woman through gritted teeth.  At this wild accusation she stopped sowing the horrid designs into my skin and pressed her face against the glass; her face was more gruesome than before, as she stared straight into my eyes and shook her head while mouthing ‘noooo’

I turned around to see L.Joe bursting back through the door with a massive sword inbetween his two pixie hands.

It looked familiar- the red jewels, the massive handle.

The sword that was hanging up in the other sowing room.

I was about to barrage him with a million questions when he started slamming it into the glass, to my surprise the glass was slowly starting to crack.

I turned around to see that the woman was gone. Where did she go?

I let out a scream of pain as my wounds were starting to affect me more, the pain was so intense I felt like passing out; and the sounds of metal crashing against glass didn’t help one bit.

Before I realised it, L.Joe had managed to smash the glass that was around my arm and freed me.

I fell straight to the warm, velvet ground clutching my hand.

“Are you okay hyung?” I heard L.Joe muttered as it all sounded like background noise to me, my body was desperately fighting the urge to fall into the encumbering urge to close my eyes and fall into the ecstasy that is sleep.

I felt a warm material being wrapped around my hand as I looked down and got a closer examination of the strange pattern. Its was what looked like Holy Crosses, although they were the wrong way around; like the way devil worshippers would draw them.

I never really worshipped god, although my parents were strict Christians; but I didn’t exactly approve of the act of ‘worshipping Satan’ I wasn’t an atheist but a somewhat sceptic when it came to these things.

“How does it feel?” L.Joe asked as he had totally covered my heavily bleeding hand after applying some numbing liquid; preventing my mind to sprawl around the new mystery as to why she was drawing such a ghastly thing on me.

“It still hurts a bit but I guess I have to let it soak in a bit more, but thankyou” I said with a hearty smile. I really appreciated what he had done, and although I got angry when I thought he left me for dead to be honest if I were him I would have done exactly that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unedited due to lack of time.

If you are enjoying this story please find some time to look over this little  fic a friend and i are writing,

Blood Ties - 2ne1 bigbang drama you love cl2ne1 vampiregangs - Asianfanfics.com

Thankyou, and dont forget to comment and subscribe! the more you do this the faster i update.

Kapeesh?