Stage 1.

Hee-Soon's hell house. [ Re-writing, read Chapter 8! ]

 

Saturday, 13th September.

Yunhee POV

The train station was near deserted, except for the participants of course.

I waited near the vending machine as Sunny collected our tickets.

“Unni ~ Here we go!” She said energetic as ever, as she passed me my white train ticket which read ‘Choi, Yunhee’ in big, bold letters, followed by ‘Congratulations!’

“Wow unni-ah this is great! The atmosphere is so scary~ thank you so much for choosing me as your partner!” She continued, her smile growing bigger by the second.

“Glad you like it~ I didn’t think you would come though” I said fake-smiling.

“Yah! Why wouldn’t I ?”

“Umm because you hate horror movies, anything horror in a matter of a fact”

“Oh…..yeah” Sunny said scratching the back of her head and staring at her shoes.

“Then why’d you come dongsaeng?” I asked sitting on the bench.

“Well..” she said joining me.

“I came for you, because your my best friend. And I dunno, but who in the world ever has a shot at winning 100 million won ?”

I was about to reply when the loud-speaker interrupted me.

 

“Welcome! Could all participants please make their way onto the train”

 

We immediately picked up our bags and made our way into the empty train.

The seats were old and dusty, and the air reeked of cigarrete smoke and mouse droppings.

“Unni! Over here” Sunny called out to me pointing at two fairly clean seats.

I sat next to her and quickly examined my opponents.

9. Including me and Sunny.

Sitting in front of me was a brown-haired 20-something year old man and what seemed like a blonde teenage boy.

In front of them were 2 girls, I couldn’t really make out their faces but they seemed in their early twenties, one had light brown hair and the other had bright purple.

Across from us were two teenagers, one seemed really tall and quite muscular, when the other had blonde hair and a ‘pixie’ type face.

 

‘Contestants, Listen up. Underneath Im Yoona’s seat is a camera. Please take the camera and film a short 1 minute profile on yourself stating your name, hobbies and reason for applying, just so the viewer’s know a bit about you’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Unni” Sunny whispered to me.

“Yeah” I replied, turning my head to look at her.

“Why doesn’t the director show himself?” She asked

“Im not sure, but I guess we’ll see him once we get to the island. Oh and get ready they’re starting the introductions now”
Sunny nodded and sat properly, eyeing the other contestants,“Ohkayy”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “Annyong, My name is Im Yoona. I enjoy reading and wrighting, and the reason why I entered ‘Survive’ is because my umma forced me because I needed a break from my study’s”

That was one of the 2 two giggling girls that were 2 rows in front of me.

Yoona huh? Doesn’t sound that intimidating.

 

“Annyong haseyo! I am Gong Minji. But you can call me Minzy. I enjoy Tae Kwon do, and am currently a black-belt in Karate. I am here because my Yoona- unni requested my assistance in the competition”

The two girls passed the camera behind them to the two males, the 20- something year old was the first to grasp it.

“Yah, I am Bang Yong Guk. I enjoy baseball and basketball, although I prefer to play by myself. The reason why I applied for ‘Survival’ is because I like challenges and stressful situations”

 He passed the camera to his blond-haired friend.

“Annyong haseyo! My name is Choi Junhong~ but I prefer to be called Zelo. I enjoy Basketball and rapping. I am here to support my hyung and to help him spend the 100 million once we win” Zelo said with a smirk, as the buff boy chuckled at his remark.

Zelo passed to camera to Sunny, she took it gracefully with a large, aegyo-filled smile.

“Annyoooong-he haseyo! My name is Lee Sun-kyu but you can call me Sunny. I enjoy dancing and butter on sweet potatoes. I am here to help my unni forward to victory!” Sunny said throwing her hand up into the air as she said the last sentence.

‘My turn’, I thought as Sunny passed me the camera.

“Annyong haseyo. I am Choi Yunhee. I enjoy painting and swimming. The reason why I applied for this competition is because I need the prize money to pay for my appa’s burial”

I heard some whispers from the others as I passed the camera to the two teenage boys across from me, The muscular boy snatched it from my hands; his face filled with a smart- expression.

“Yo. I am Bang Min Soo aka. C.A.P > which you will be calling me from now on. I enjoy football, exercising and boxing. The reason why I applied for this competition is because I like horror movies and challenges, as I always seem to kick everybody’s asses”

God. Don’t tell me we have another jerk here. I thought

“Annyeong. I am Lee Byung Hun, better know as L.Joe. I enjoy acting and basketball. I am here to help my hyung achieve glory, which I highly doubt he needs help for” The other teenager said as CAP slyly punched his shoulder.

 

“Unni, the two teenagers seem pretty cocky”

“Yeah, Don’t worry though the cocky ones always come last” I joked as CAP shot me a death look.

“Annyeong” A mysterious voice said into the camera.

I scanned the train deck until I found the source of the voice. It was a young man with a mohawk and masculine figure.

“I am Kang Dongho, properly known as Baekho. I enjoy martial arts and rapping. I haven’t brung a partner as I am more than capable of winning this competition with my lone hands, and due to the fact that I don’t hang around people that much. I don’t really know the reason why I applied for this. Probably for the adrenaline kick”

The tension everyone was releasing was delusional. There was definitely something different about this man. What was it? He looked normal enough. Was it the way he would speak in a dark, gloomy tone. Or was it the fact he didn’t bring a partner?

~~~o00o~~~

Ten minutes later

I looked out the black-tinted window then at my purple hello kitty watch.

11:47.

The competition was meant to start in a little less than 20 minutes.

I was so nervous; they said it would be a test of our duration and personal limits, as well as how well we could cope under stressful and terrifying situations.

I wonder what they meant by this > Meh. It’s probably just a maze or something we have to find our way out of in the dark.

 

Then suddenly a loud crash stopped my train of thought, followed by screams and shrieks from the other contestants.

 

I looked around the dimmed train but only saw Sunny. Who in a matter of fact was tossed under the train seat behind me caused by the apparent crash.

 

Where were the other contestants?

 

My heart stopped as I felt a cold, icy breath filter past the skin of my neck. I managed to turn around getting the outline of my mysterious foe; when I was shocked by her appearance.

 

Long black hair, Dark brown eyes and a small mole under her nose.

In other words~ Me. She looked exactly like me.

 

All she did was smile, oblivious to the shock that was passing through my veins and across my face.

Who was this mysterious girl ? Was she just a look-a-like contestant?

No. I didn’t hear her profile before- and the look on her face was pure horror. The smile a serial killer makes after his 100th kill.

Filled with hatred and a sinister type of enjoyment.

 

Then out of nowhere the girl started laughing, then she let out a loud guffaw.

*A/N guffawing or to guffaw; means to laugh loudly and boisterously / a loud, unrestrained burst of laughter.*

 

I grasped the handle of my seat and tried to block out the terrifying outburst of thick laughter that was filling the train – when the lights suddenly went out.

Consuming every inch of my body with eerie darkness.

 

Then the laughter stopped, Just as the dim lights came back on. One would find this comforting, having vision is one of life’s most under-rated gifts; but for what I saw in front of me – Hanging in front of me made it all but a gift.

 

Hanging off an old tawny rope was the figure that was just a minute ago beside me, but instead of the normal, clean appearance, what she looked like now made me cringe and want to run in the opposite direction.

 

Hanging in front of me wasn’t that of a human; but a manifestation of something all but natural. Her hair was hanging over her face; soaked with beads of sweat and her bangs were cowering over her eyes – pupils facing towards the ceiling.

Her clothes were ripped and had specks of dried blood scattered throughout her length It reminded me of shards of glass scattered along white floorboards.

 

Although this manifestation was all but joyful, the expression on her face was the most traumatic – her pale skin tone looked like that of an eraser, and her dry, cracked lips; which were still open in the laughing position she had before was what sent chills down my spine…. Then I spotted something.

 

“Wha-what’s  t-that?” I muttered barely managing to spit the words from my dry lips.

 

It was what looked like a piece of paper, barely dangling from the girl’s chest.

 

I gathered all my strength to pull the tip of the folded paper; making sure not to let any of my feeble skin come in contact with hers.

 

Once I had hold of it I realised it was an envelope with Choi Yunhee written across it in elegant running wrighting.

 

I curiously opened the envelope clueless as to what it might behold.

 

                                     ~~~o00o~~~

Yunhee,

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have now survived round 1.

See that dazzling girl that delivered this letter to you?

She, Miss Yunhee is a simulation of what you would look like after and during death.

Now, as for the next round.

If your partner survived the crash, then bring her along too.

Under your chair is a baseball bat.

Take it, smash a window as a vessel for you escape.

If you wish to dis-obey my rules and quit; you have every right to do so.

But I warn you, you may want to make your decision now as once you continue with the competition I’m afraid quitting would be everything but an option.

Once you get out make your way to the green sign entitled ‘CONTESTANTS HERE’

Oh and you may want to hurry because I have currently let out some lose hounds.

Good luck!

 

                                                     Hee-Soon~ Madame` grotesque.

 

~~~o00o~~~