Friends?

Yes, Master!

 

CHAPTER FOUR:
FRIENDS?

Listen to Saturday Afternoon

Miyoung is on her way home. As usual, she’s with her friend, the cat. She already got used telling what she feels to the little creature who doesn’t even understand a thing. But the main reason she talks to it is because she had the chance to tell someone… umm.. animal when she’s sad, mad, or happy. Weird, huh? Well, she accepts that fact.

“I’m confused. The guy who lives in front of our house who actually never speak was friends with the person who gave me a job? I don’t know he has friends besides being anti-social.” She said.

In the other side, the owner of the cat was walking home from a walk. He was happily singing some song. He can finally see his house from a far. He was a bit confused. There was a girl. Too bad he can’t see the face. He knows why she came. Every time he’s at home, there’s always a girl who had been telling his cat things. He could hear all of them. But now that he saw her, he doesn’t want to just go near her and say ‘I own that cat!’ all of a sudden. It would be weird, right?

He just waited there until she leaves. He’s too shy to come near.

“Bye! I gotta go!” Miyoung smiled.

And when she’s out of sight, the guy walked to his home and greeted his cat.

“Maru! I’m home!” He said. The cat replied with a ‘meow~~’.

 


 

Miyoung was a few steps from the gate of her house when she heard the gate of Ren’s house open. She looked at Ren who looks like he is about to leave. He’s leaving again? When did he ever stayed at his house too long? Maybe just for sleeping.

“Ren!” Miyoung called.

Ren looked at her. Miyoung almost forgot why she called him. It was just surprising that he finally responded to her call. Before, when she tries to call her, he would just ignore it. She was searching for a question in her brain so that she can’t waste the guy’s time. Until finally…

“Can I ask something?” She asked before asking the real question.

Ren didn’t say a word but smiled instead which is obviously a ‘yes’. She sighed very deeply and prepared her question.

“I’m just curious. How did you become friends with Kim Jonghyun?” She bit her lower lip.

Ren sighed. He knows that she will be asking that question. He knows how she sees him. But he doesn’t want to be called as anti-social from people. He just has to, he doesn’t want to trust anyone anymore after that incident.

“JR hyung always cheers me up. He’s always there every time I need him. I look up to him a lot. I want to be like him soon.” Ren answered.

Miyoung was a bit surprised to hear his voice. She never heard it before.

“What kind of person is he?” Miyoung questioned.

“He’s very kind and very cheerful but he doesn’t want to show what’s inside him even if it’s very obvious.” He replied.

Miyoung nodded and tried to remember everything. Knowing what type of guy her master is will help her in her job.

“One thing, C-c-can we become friends?” She asked.

“Friends?”

“Yes!”

“Why do you want to be friends with me?”

“Because, you’re very interesting! You’re very mysterious. I want to know you more. Know you better than anybody else. Can we?”

Ren doesn’t know how to respond. He looked at her eyes. He can see through them. He can see that she’s very willing to be friends. She isn’t just asking for permission, but she was begging, begging to become a part of his life which made him smile.

“I would be happy to.”

It made Miyoung’s smile go bigger. Inside of her, she was about to jump for joy.

“T-thank you!! And btw, as your new friend, I want you to know, you should talk more! You’re voice is very wonderful to hear. And don’t keep that Quiet image of yours. While you’re young, enjoy life to the fullest. There are things you can’t do anymore once you grow up.” She said and entered her home. “Bye, chingu!”

Ren was standing there, remembering all the things that Miyoung said.

“Because, you’re very interesting! You’re very mysterious. I want to know you more. Know you better than anybody else.”

Those words kept repeating in his mind.

“Am I… interesting?” He asked himself.

Because of realizing no one will answer him, he sighed and continued walking to where he is supposed to go.

“I’m interesting...” he smiled as he walk. It’s the first time someone said he’s interesting.

-END-


I can't think of a good cat name. The name may be a bit fammiliar to some of you and me too, I just forgot where.
Can you guess who owns Maru? ^^
What do you think of this chapter? Is it Good? Please Comment!