Chapter 3

Yes, Kikwang Oppa. I want to be your girlfriend.

 

 

Yunji’s P.O.V.

 

            After, meeting staring-boy from the supermarket at the library, and finding out his name was Kikwang, I found myself spending more and more time with him. He did have his other friends but he always seemed to be able to get away during lunch to meet with me in the library.

            One day, Kikwang Oppa suggested we spend our lunches outside. “It’s so sunny outside, Yunji,” he begged. “Let’s go outside and lay on the grass!” Before I could protest, he pulled me outside and all the way to the green, hilly part of our school campus. He set our packs down and flopped onto the ground, and beckoned for me to follow suit. I couldn’t hide my smile at how cute he was being. I flopped down next to him on the soft grass.

            “Look, Yunji.” Kikwang pointed to a fat white cloud. “That looks like Mr. Park.”

            I giggled and pointed at a neighboring cloud that overpowered the Mr. Park cloud. “And that is a mochi ice cream getting ready to eat Mr. Park.” We laughed together and fell silent. I wonder what he was thinking. What if he was thinking what I was thinking?

            Suddenly, Kikwang broke my thoughts and stuck his hand out in the air. His hand was formed in half a heart. He said, “Yunji, will you be my girlfriend?”

            I felt the adrenaline rush to my head as I smiled. I stuck my hand in the air next to his, and formed the other half of the heart. “Yes, Kikwang Oppa. I want to be your girlfriend,” I murmured.

            Without breaking the hearts we made with our hands, he turned his head to me, kissed my cheek, and whispered in my ear, “Sarranghae… Yunji.”