Chapter 1

Yes, Kikwang Oppa. I want to be your girlfriend.

 

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

 

            I was at the supermarket when I saw her. The moment I saw her I memorized everything about her: her hair, clothes, posture, and face. She looked around my age, but I had never seen her around my college, Tae-sub University. I would’ve noticed if she was walking around to different classes on campus. But I had never noticed her before.

            She was looking over the array of fish at the seafood section with a slight frown on her face. Her concentrated expression was just plain gorgeous. I found myself gazing at her unconsciously. She was by herself, pushing a snack-filled shopping cart. I was with my friends: Junhyung, Hyuna, and Sunny. At the time, Junhyung and I were waiting for Hyuna and Sunny to finish arguing over whether or not to get an extra pack of instant ramen. I couldn’t help but stare at her. When she looked my way, I caught her eye and quickly looked away, turning a tomato red. Then I noticed Junhyung also staring at her. I don’t know why but I felt a pang of jealousy seeing the interested look in Junhyung’s eyes. Why would I feel jealous? I don’t even know her… I sneaked another look at her and I saw her struggle to turn her shopping cart towards another aisle. Her frustration was really adorable. She finally set her cart straight and pushed it along. She looked at my direction again but I wasn’t sure if she was looking at me or at Junhyung. I felt that same pang of jealousy when I considered the fact that she might’ve been staring at Junhyung. Still, her slightly anxious, wide-eyed expression was just beautiful. I wanted to know who she was. She looked away from my direction and turned the corner, out of sight. I knew I would probably never see her again. My heart sunk with disappointment.

 

 

Yunji’s P.O.V.

 

            It was that time of the year where the mini-refrigerator in my one-person dorm was running low on mochi ice cream and artificially flavored fruit popsicles. My supply of Hello Panda and shrimp crackers were also running dangerously low. However, I wasn’t expecting that at the supermarket, when I was debating with myself whether or not to buy some fresh salmon, that when I looked up, I would get a jolt of shock at how beautiful that guy was. I realized that we were both staring at each other, and we looked away quickly. My mind was whirling but I tried to keep composed. My heart beat fast and I felt myself blushing which I always couldn’t help doing whenever I saw a good-looking guy. I blushed embarrassedly as I wondered if he was checking me out. He and his group of friends looked around my age but I have never seen him on Tae-sub University’s campus. The supermarket is like right next to the university so most of the shoppers are college students. I sneaked another look and to my embarrassment, we met each other’s eyes before turning away. I dared myself to look at his group of friends. There was another cute guy but the staring-boy was much more charming. I realized that I have been staring too long. I frowned and pushed my shopping cart towards a different aisle but one of the wheels got caught and wouldn’t cooperate with me. I struggled to lift and turn the cart at the proper angle and was mortified that I was failing at pushing a stupid shopping cart in front of the cutest guy I’ve ever seen. I tried to avoid looking at him, but couldn’t help myself. I caught his eye again before composing myself and hurriedly pushed my shopping cart away to the cash register. While paying for my snacks, I felt a pang of sadness in my chest. I wished I knew his name.