Chapter 2

Yes, Kikwang Oppa. I want to be your girlfriend.

 

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

 

            One month later, and I did my best to move on from that girl at the supermarket. I had to focus on more important things: my studies. Midterms were approaching and I really needed to study. Unfortunately, I am not ready at all for the midterms, because I’ve been daydreaming of that girl during classes so I  didn’t understand the lessons, not one bit. One day, I was forced to spend my lunch in the library and not with Junhyung, Hyuna, and Sunny because I really needed to study somewhere quiet. Since Junhyung and Hyuna started going out, Sunny has been constantly trying to flirt with me but she’s really only pestering me. I guess Sunny wants us to be a couple, but I’m not interested in a relationship at the moment. You know why.

            “Yeah, I know, the library. Pretty shocking, huh.” I admitted warily to my friends.

            Sunny squealed in my ear, “Kyaaaahhhhh! Kikwang, hurry back, okay? Kkyahhhhh!”

            I nodded at Sunny with a tinge of disgust, and waved goodbye to the kissing couple, before heading towards the library.

            When I got into the library, I looked around for an empty table, but there were none. Then I saw a table with only one person sitting on it. As I got near the table I saw that it was a girl but she was facing away from me so I couldn’t see her face. I tapped her shoulder and she looked up from the book she was reading. I realized with a jerk that it was the girl from the supermarket. My mouth fell open as I gaped at her. “Oh, hey, is there anyone sitting there?” I stammered as I gestured to the seat across from her.

            The girl shook her head vigorously. I sat down across from her and pulled out my molecular bio books. The girl smiled at me, revealing perfect straight teeth, and said, “Hey, you’re in bio too? I hate that class. Mr. Park is so boring to listen to. His lectures bore me to death.” She looked like she said too much and, blushing sweetly, looked down at her book.

            “I totally agree with you. Mr. Park’s lectures put me to sleep like a baby’s lullaby!” I joked and then cringed inwardly at how cheesy my joke was. “By the way, my name is Lee Kikwang,” I said hurriedly, trying to cover up my cheesy joke.

            “Hi Kikwang,” she grinned. “My name is Choi Yunji. I think I saw you at that supermarket. You were buying ramen with your friends?”

            Yunji… I repeated in my brain. Her name rang in my mind. “Yeah, you were getting seafood? Anyway, you wanna help me with bio homework? I never seem to get what he’s teaching.” (That’s because I was thinking of how much I wanted to meet her, but of course, I didn’t tell Yunji that.)

            Our conversation eventually wandered from biology and I really enjoyed talking to Yunji. Her smile… The way her eyes lit up when she talked… How she is passionate about mochi ice cream… Her favorite color was not just blue, but a specific soft baby blue… It was like a dream come true, actually being able to talk to Yunji. We discovered we had much in common: we both loved movies, we both liked A-Pink and G. Na, and we both loved eating snacks. That whole entire lunch time, we kept passing a large bag of shrimp crackers under the desk to avoid being kicked out by the librarian. We did get shushed many times by the librarian because we were laughing too loud, but every time the librarian threatened to shoo us out, we would go quiet, catch each other’s eyes, and break down in laughter. I was in ecstasy.