Chapter 3

Words Unspoken [HIATUS]

Note! This is a terribly short chapter, and I am really sorry about it.

I've been really busy with school lately! I promise another new chapter will be up by the end of this week!

**********

~B2ST’s Practice Room, Cube Entertainment~

“Somebody remind me what time we slept last night.” Dongwoon asked, yawning.

“I think 5 a.m.” Junhyung mumbled sleepily, laying his head on Hyunseung’s shoulder.

All 6 members of B2ST were sitting on the floor with their backs against the wall, still drowsy from the lack of sleep they received due to the softcore partying. No, they didn’t get wasted as they had only one bottle of soju that night. Well, all except for one.

“Please stop talking. My head hurts.” Yoseob rubbed his temples, trying to sooth his hangover.

“Seob, you’re the only guy I know that gets drunk after just two shots of Soju.” Hyunseung teased.

“Shut up, hyung! It’s not my fault that I can’t drink!” Yoseob punched Hyunseung on the arm.

“Quit it, you guys!” Doojoon said sternly. “Hyunseung, you know better than to bully Yoseob. And Seob, you shouldn’t resort to violence.”

“Sorry, hyung.” The two boys chorused with their head down while Kikwang just stared at them, laughing madly on the inside.

“Morning, boys!!” Their manager popped his head into the practice room, scaring the crap out of the sleepy boys.

“Aaaahhhh!!!!” They immediately clutched their chests, trying stop their hearts from bursting out of their ribcages. “Hyung!!”

“Oops! Sorry guys.” The manager stepped in together with the vocal coach. “Ok guys. Do you know why we’re here today?”

“Because you’re an evil manager that wants to work us to death?” Junhyung teased slyly.

“You want 50 pushups?” Junhyung quickly zipped his mouth. “Yeah, that’s what I thought so.”

“So why do you want us here?” Doojoon asked.

“We’re here today to prepare you for part 2 of your album.” The manager announced, earning groans from all 6. “Why so gloomy?”

“But hyung!” Yoseob whined. “We just ended our Soom promotions yesterday.”

“Yea.” Hyunseung cut in. “Isn’t it a bit too soon to start a new one?”

“Well technically, you ended promotions for part 1 of the album.” The manager explained carefully. “So you’re not exactly done with your album promotions yet.”

B2ST groaned at the imaginary loophole they missed when they signed the ‘Ending Promotions Contract’ their manager slipped in. They were not really in the mood to practice the dance, let alone go around promoting it. But, they know the minute they signed that entrance contract, accepting all kinds of trainings, they know that they cannot refuse an opportunity to promote themselves.

According to their manager, their comeback is scheduled in a month. Thankfully they already recorded the songs of the mini album along with the tracks of their Mastermind album. All that’s left is the choreography, the shooting of the music video, as well as their comeback stages. It’s gonna take a lot of hard work and they know it.

“It’s gonna be called ‘Light Goes On Again’!” The manager said enthusiastically.

“Wow, manager hyung. You’re so creative.” Dongwoon remarked sarcastically, earning a glare from the manager.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a meeting with your choreographer.” The manager stepped out a little bit. “Your vocal coach will take over from here.”

“Ok guys, listen up!” The vocal coach stared sternly at the boys. “I want to hear your singing again now. I trust that you all didn’t get wasted last night.”

“Well one of us did.” Hyunseong turned to look at Yoseob while the others snickered.

“You know what, I’m sure none of you are exactly in the mood to sing anyway.” The vocal coach sighed. “Here’s your lyrics sheet for your title song. Your parts are colour coded and personal notes are added for each of you. Learn them and then apply them in your singing tomorrow. Got it?”

“Got it.” The boys chorused, eyes staring at their own sheets of paper.

“You may hang around the building for now. But your manager expects you back here at 1 p.m. sharp.” All 6 nodded. “If you’re not, your manager is going to nag at me because I’m suppose to supervise you. And when he does, I will skin each of you alive. Do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal!” They shuddered at the nasty thought of being skinned.

And so the boys spent the next 3 hours in the building. In their practice room. On the cold wooden floor. Snoring away.