Chapter 2

Words Unspoken [HIATUS]

Note!

This means fan chant!

This means sound effect!

This means setting!

Just in case you don't know. X)

**********

~Music Bank~

I can't take my BREATH BREATH BREATH

시간이갈수록점점지나갈수록oh 난더

I can’t hold my BREATH BREATH BREATH

갈수록나는더자꾸만내숨이막혀와내숨이 yeah


Breathe in breathe out YANG YOSEOB

Breathe in breathe out LEE KIKWANG

Breathe in breathe out SON DONGWOON

Breathe in breathe out SO! BEAST!

6 boys stood proudly on the stage right after their performance ended. They were anticipating for the results of the K-Chart topping hit along with other artist that performed that day. It was their song, 숨(Breath), against the ever so addicting Son Gain’s 돌이킬수없는(Irreplaceable).

“And the winner for this week’s K-Chart is…” the MCs, Seo Hyerim and Song Joongki, said.

As the scores were tabulating, the grip on each other’s hands tightened. Will their months of hard work pay off? Will their song that they have been slaving over for months top the charts? Will they get their moment to shine?

“B2ST!”

Yes. That was the answer to all the questions above. The boys rejoice, grabbing and hugging the life out of one another. One of them even broke down into tears. After giving their thank you speech, their special encore performance, where they did a comical dance for the ‘Breathe in breathe out’ part, requested by the fans through Twitter, the boys went backstage to rest and rejoice their victory.

“Hyung, please stop crying.” Dongwoon, one of the members, comforted his bandmate. “It’s a happy moment for us.”

“I… Know… But… I… I can’t help it.” Yoseob, the crying boy, managed to say in between sobs before bursting into tears again.

“Hyung, jus-” Dongwoon was cut off by the band’s leader, Doojoon.

“Let him cry, Dongwoon ah.” Doojoon patted Yoseob’s head. “It is a really happy moment for us after all.”

“Indeed it is.” A deep voice startled the boys.

“Manager hyung!” The boys chorused angrily at their manger for scaring them.

“Sorry guys.” The manager shot them a sheepish smile. “Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys to go home and have a good rest. You may party but not too loudly or too late. Go to the company at 10 a.m. sharp tomorrow, or else I will make sure that you have 6 hours of intensive dance training, got it?!”

“Got it!” All of them quickly said, shuddering at the thought of that intensive training.


~At B2ST’s Dorm~

“A toast! To our victory!!” They clanked their shot glasses together before gulping down the entire content of it.

“Ok, guys. Tonight, we’re only having one bottle.” Doojoon said, earning a disappointed grunt from Junhyung. “I know, Jun. But we wouldn’t want to meet the manager with a hangover, do we?”

All 5 shook their heads.

“Good boys.” Doojoon then started munching on some chips.

“Wait! And a toast to Kikwang hyung!” Dongwoon quickly refilled everyone’s shot glass with Soju. “For not giving up his solo career to be in the band with us!”

“Cheers!” Another symphony of clanks sounded before the content of the shot glass is emptied into their stomachs.

“Aww… Thank you, guys. It’s great just to be here with you all.” Kikwang smiled and group hugged all of them.


Meanwhile…

~A Dance Studio in Seoul~

“One, two, three, slide! Five, six, seven, twist! Snap, snap, three, four! Five, six, seven pose!”

A group of students copied what their teacher in front did, trying to be as precise as they can and follow the mental rhythmic beats. Beads of sweats were dripping down their forehead and soaking their clothes, indicating the 2 long hours they’ve been dancing. Finally, it was time to wrap it up.

“Ok guys! That’s all for today.” The teacher said, looking at the reflections of her students. “Next week we’ll practice with the music.”

After packing up their belongings, the students left the studio. Some chatting away about random idol stars, some trying to recap dance movements, some yawning and stretching their aching muscles, and some were just walking. The teacher can’t help but to chuckle at the sight, feeling nostalgic.

Ring* Ring* Ring*

There goes her phone.

“Oppa!”

“Eunsae ah, where’re you?”

“I’m at the dance studio. Going home soon. What’s up?”

“I bought supper! Hurry back!”


~Eunsae’s Apartment~

Eunsae fumbled her way through the darkness in attempt to look for the lights, in which she succeeded after nearly tripping on her own feet a couple of times. She shrugged it off with a sheepish grin, ignoring the worried glares her guest gave her. Taking out two pairs of chopsticks, she handed one to her guest and begun digging into the supper herself.

“Mm! Oppa, you know where to buy the best street food!” Eunsae said, with food still in .

“Aish, that’s disgusting!” Eunsae glared at him, “Well at least you like it. It’s so worth wearing this smelly disguise.”

“Oppa, you do know that you can take it off now.” Eunsae pinched her nose as the horrible odour emitting from the disguise hit her nose receptors.

“Why bother? I’m heading off in a while anyway.” He took off the ski mask and hat, revealing non other than U-Know Yunho of the famous TVXQ, also her brother. “My manager doesn’t know that I came here.”

Ring* Ring* Ring*

“Oops! Hold that thought, oppa!” Eunsae quickly grabbed her phone from her hoodie pocket. “Hello? Yes, this is she.”

“Who is it?” Yunho mouthed to his baby sister, but all her got was a ‘Hush!’ from her.

“Really? Oh my! Thank you so much, sir! Thank you!” Eunsae screamed with all her might once she hung up the phone. “Oppa!!! I got the job!!”

“Woah! Slow down, kiddo.” Yunho put his hands on her shoulders. “Now breath and tell me who was that and what did he want.”

“I got the job as a choreographer slash dancing coach!!” Eunsae said, still having a goofy smile on her face.

“Really? That’s fantastic!!” Yunho lifted his sister up in the air and spun her around a few times. “I’m so proud of you!”

“Thanks, oppa.” Eunsae giggled after her brother put her down.

Beep* Beep*

It was a text message for Yunho.

‘U-Know Yunho! You better get your back here before manager hyung chews it off when he finds out that you ran off AGAIN! And this time, I am NOT covering up for you! Oh! And say hi to Eunsae for me!! =)’

“Who was that?” Eunsae asked, trying to have a peek at her idol brother’s phone.

“I have to go now.” Yunho stuffed his phone into his pocket before Eunsae can see the contents of the message, earning a pout from her. “It was Jaejoong hyung. He said hi, by the way.”

“Oh. Well tell him I said hi too.” Eunsae walked her brother to the door after he had put on his disguise. “Go home safely!”

“Sure.” Yunho kissed his baby sister’s forehead. “Remember to lock the door before you head to bed.”


That night, two individuals tossed and the bed. One surrounded by snoring bandmates, one surrounded by… well nothing except the four walls of her bedroom. Both couldn’t sleep that night. Both were actually thinking about each other, although 5 years have passed since they last met. Feeling restless, both got up from their beds and head to the kitchen. Both grabbed the milk carton from the fridge, attempting to warm up some milk. The only difference in action was, one added some cinnamon into it.

‘Eunsae ah. I miss you. I’m sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. You’re well, right?’

‘Kikwang oppa. I should hate you for leaving me. But I still love you. You’re healthy and well, right?’

Both said silently in their hearts, while staring out the window of their kitchen.