Tale #7: Scratch... scratch... scratch...

Urban Legends

Tale #7: Scratch... scratch... scratch...

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were out on their 3rd date and Jongin thinks it’s about time they do things what a couple should do. After all, he’s been eyeing on Kyungsoo’s lucious lips and soft hair that he’s dying to run his fingers through. And to top it off, he thinks their special time should be somewhere more…private and away from the bustling crowd or from the nosy gawks of the other members.

 

“Jongin… where are you taking me to?” Kyungsoo asked nervously, biting those gorgeous thick lips while staring out the window of Jongin’s new BMW with a doe-eyed look that makes Jongin’s heart melt a little more than it should.

 

There were so many trees around and Kyungsoo was sure that they were out of the familiar sight of the city and into the countryside.

 

“Relax babe. I’m not gonna hurt you alright? Trust me on this.” Jongin slipped his fingers in between Kyungsoo’s easily and swerved to the left, away from the main road and even deeper into the woods. Kyungsoo could see a hidden smirk smeared on Jongin’s handsome face.

 

The car suddenly came to an abrupt stop in the middle of nowhere and made Kyungsoo squeak a little.

 

“So… Kyungsoo. We’ve been dating for quite some time now.”

 

Jongin sighed and rest his hands on the steering wheel, a smirk suddenly appeared on his face. It made Kyungsoo nervous, well almost petrified actually to see the younger one’s behaviour like this.

 

“Jongin…I…wanna go home.” Kyungsoo suddenly stammered.

 

“Wait, what? But we just got here. We can’t go home yet!”

 

“Well…what do you expect us to do here then?”

 

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. Why doesn’t Kyungsoo get it? There he goes. Biting his lips and looking all scared. Jongin became a little frustrated because it wasn’t going how he planned.

 

“STOP IT.” Kyungsoo squeaked out loud when Jongin tried to force himself onto the older one.

 

“I.. I’m not ready yet.” Kyungsoo apologized when he saw how disappointed Jongin looked.

 

“Fine. I’m gonna take a piss then.”  Were the last words Kyungsoo heard from Jongin before the younger one opened the door and slammed it shut behind him.

 

Kyungsoo gave a sigh and switched on the radio to calm the air down even though Jongin wasn’t in the car anymore.

 

“98FM reporting live. A patient has escaped from Seoul Mental Institution and he is reported to be dangerous. The police and hounds are still in search of him. Please lock all doors and windows and stay indoors. I repeat, please lock all doors and windows and stay indoors. Do not let any stranger in.”

 

Kyungsoo’s hand threw itself over his mouth as he listened to the radio carefully.

 

What about Jongin? He’s out there all alone.

 

The radio suddenly changed into a showtune and then dissolved into rapid quietness as Kyungsoo switched it off.

 

They were far from the institution and away from the city so he shouldn’t have anything to worry about right?

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip again and stared out the window. It was pitch black and the only sound he could hear was his heavy breathing.

 

He checked his phone to see if there were any messages from the members and realized there was no signal. No matter how many times he scratched the phone on his head, it was a fail attempt to get at least one bar of network.

 

Scratch… Scratch… Scratch…

 

The tiny, yet subtle sound caught Kyungsoo’s little bit of attention.

 

But he shoved it off.

 

He found a rubix cube inside one of the latches in the car and tried solving it while killing time for Jongin to get back.

 

‘The kid probably went out for a smoke too.’

 

Scratch… Scratch… Scratch…

 

It continued on like that throughout the 5 minutes that he was trying to solve the cube.

 

Suddenly, it ceased for awhile and before Kyungsoo thought about going out to look for the guy who ditched him in the middle of the woods, his eyes gave way on its own and soon, the scratching didn’t bother him much anymore.

 

 

 

Sirens woke Kyungsoo up from his slumber and his eyes widened with confusion when he sees cops surround the car he’s in.

 

One officer, probably the chief, with a loudspeaker in his mouth beckoned Kyungsoo to come out of the car calmly.

 

“Whatever you do, don’t look back,” the chief officer warned Kyungsoo.

 

His heart skipped a beat and he felt his stomach hurling. Why? What’s behind him?

 

Kyungsoo opened the door carefully, getting out as if it was his first few steps, legs wobbling out one by one.

 

He walked towards the cops with both hands surrendering up in the air, followed by his tready weak pulse.

 

Kyungsoo knew it was a terrible mistake to follow against the warning but despite his gut instinct, his head its own to take a peek and found…

 

Jongin, hanging by a noose, face all purplish from the lack of oxygen and the tip of his shoes scratching the top of the hood. His lifeless body swayed to the wind, making the noise that lasted throughout the night and soon will petrify Kyungsoo for all eternity.

 

Scratch… Scratch… Scratch…

 

 

*Myth: Rubbing the phone on one's head can induce some form of electric wave and produce signal. Ok I don't know sh*t cause I don't take physics. Lol.