Tale #4: The Red Room

Urban Legends
Tale #4: The Red Room




There was a man who was on vacation break and decided to book a hotel for two nights. He walked up the front desk to check in and received a key. However, the woman at the desk warned him that the hotel had a room with no numbers that was locked. Under any circumstances, no one was allowed to stop by or even look into the room.


Doojoon nodded, respecting the woman’s advice and went on his way to his room. But curiosity got the better of him and realizes that no one would find out if he takes a little peek into the non-numbered room.


He grabs the door handle and sure enough, it was locked… but it was cold as ice when his skin touched it. Doojoon bent down a little and looked through the doorhole.


In the room, there was a woman sitting on the bed looking somewhere else. Her skin was white as snow and her hair was too, as white as her skin. Doojoon stared in confusion for awhile and decides to knock on the door. But before he could, his instinct tells him not to and he withdrew his hand quietly.


The next day, as Doojoon walked down the hallway and towards the lobby, he remembered the room with no numbers. Out of curiosity, he decides to peek into the room again. But instead of seeing what he had seen the night before, this time, he saw redness.


There was nothing on the other side except for bloody red, literally. Thinking that the management must have found out that he was peeking, they covered the doorhole with something totally red.


His little encounter made him questioned the woman at the desk.


“You looked into the room, didn’t you?” the woman shook her head at him. Doojoon nodded hesitantly but he was determined to find out what was going on with that room.


The woman sighed and began telling the story, “A few years ago, a murder happened in that room and the ghost of the victim still haunts the place. She is white all over… well except for her eyes, which were red.”