Tale #1: Aren’t you glad you didn’t turn on the light?

Urban Legends

Tale #1: Aren’t you glad you didn’t turn on the light?

 

Yoseob and Kikwang were roommates in college and their midterm paper was coming up soon. Yoseob, being the diligent student that he is, decides to study for the paper that night. However, there was a party coming up at Doojoon’s place and Kikwang couldn’t resist temptation to have a good time.

 

“Come on Yangyo… just this once. I promise, it’ll be our last before the real paper.”

 

Yoseob and Kikwang were pretty close so Kikwang tried persuading Yoseob to go out and enjoy but Yoseob insisted that he must study for the upcoming midterm paper. Finally Kikwang gives up and goes to the party without his dear friend.

 

He, of course, had a blast at Doojoon’s party and headed back to the dorm quite late—around 2am in the morning.

 

Not wanting to wake Yoseob up, Kikwang decided not to turn on the light and tiptoed into their room. After changing to more comfortable clothes in the dark, he went straight to bed without a sound.

 

The next day, Kikwang wakes Yoseob up for school but realizes that something is wrong with his roommate.

 

He turns Yoseob’s body around and reveals a dead corpse with a terrified expression on its face.

 

Yoseob… had been murdered.

 

Horror reflects in Kikwang’s eyes as he reads the bloody writing on the wall… written in Yoseob’s blood: Aren’t you glad you didn’t turn on the light?