Tale #3: Humans can too

Urban Legends

Tale #3: Humans can too

 

Yoseob had a dog, a lovable dog no doubt and its name was Haneul. Whenever his parents were away, Haneul would be by his side, diminishing every sense of loneliness that Yoseob felt. Even his sister couldn’t bring him as much happiness as Haneul did. Yoseob loved Haneul and it too loved Yoseob back. Every night when Yoseob went to bed, Haneul would his hand from underneath to let him know that it was there to protect him.

 

 

One stormy night, Yoseob’s parents had to attend an emergency meeting regarding their company. On top of that, his sister was away for college. Hence, leaving poor Yoseob all alone at home. But lucky for him, Haneul was there to accompany him.

 

 

This wasn’t the first time Yoseob was left all alone at home. But even so, he still felt a little insecure.

 

 

When it was time for bed, he stuck out his hand to let Haneul . It was a routine for them and he thought that this night was no different.

 

 

However, in the dead of the night, Yoseob was woken up by the sound of Haneul whimpering.

 

 

“I’m here boy…” Yoseob mumbled groggily and stuck out his hand.

 

 

He felt a few and then tucked his hand in.

 

 

Haneul’s whimpers woke him up again the second time and Yoseob stuck out his hand again.

 

 

Another few more and Yoseob tucked his hand in again.

 

 

“Haneul… what’s wrong boy…” Yoseob was woken up for the third time by his dog’s whimpers.

 

 

“Just try to go to sleep okay… I’ll take you to the vet tomorrow morning…” he groaned and stuck out his hand again.

 

 

The whimpers suddenly stopped and there was no more sound coming from the dog.

 

 

“Good boy…” Yoseob mumbled half-consciously as he felt a few on his hand. He then drifted off to sleep without thinking too much about it.

 

 

The sunlight peeked into the bedroom windows, indicating morning time and Yoseob had to wake up for school.

 

 

He stuck out his hand but no sign of Haneul, his beloved dog. He shot up from bed, remembering his dog’s whimpers last night, and went looking for it, “Haneul! Here boy…”

 

 

He tried whistling but the dog wouldn’t come to him.

 

 

Suddenly… Yoseob’s ears picked up something. It was so faint… yet, it managed to give him a little of a headache when he first noticed it.

 

 

Drip… Drip… Drip…

 

 

He walked into the kitchen to turn off the faucet… but to his surprise, he found out it wasn’t dripping.

 

 

Drip… Drip… Drip…

 

 

He has had it and went to the bathroom to shut it off…

 

 

Drip… Drip… Drip…

 

 

But it wasn’t the faucet that was leaking…

 

 

Yoseob’s piercing scream echoed throughout the house when he found the source of the dripping sound.

 

 

There on top of the bathtub, hanging by its tail, was his beloved dog Haneul with blood dripping into the bathtub.

 

 

Trembling at the sight of his dog being butchered, Yoseob’s head suddenly had the instinct to look up.

 

 

His eyes widened in fear as he read the words written in red bloody liquid on the mirror.

 

 

HUMANS CAN TOO.