Chapter 2

Two can play at this game

   

          Two more weeks passed by, and for her it was torture. Donghae continued to insult her every time he saw her, and she would tear up every single time. She forgot all about the revenge, until she heard someone mention the word on a particular day.  It was exactly what she needed to knock him off his high horse, and to crush him. But what kind of revenge was the right kind? She suddenly remembered a drama where the girl got prettier, and it was decided that it was most definitely  the perfect plan. 
            She called  Hyoyeon, and they talked for a while. " Unnie can you tell the others that I won't be at school for the next two days so that I won't get in trouble?" "Why, are you sick?" " A little" Yoona replied. " Let me come over to help you." "Nah its fine, bye" and with that she hung up. That girl is so weird today Hyo thought.
            On Monday morning Yoona woke up and immediately  got ready to hop on the bus to the drugstore. Hmm what should I look like she kept thinking. Excited and nervous, she went inside, and started to look around.  Ahh what to buy? Looking up she spotted a picture of a gorgeous model, and right then she knew she had to achieve that look. So she picked up a bunch of lipgloss, mascaras, nail polishes, lipsticks, light eye shawdows, BB creams, eyeliners, and some bronzer. This could probably last me a lifetime. Everyone turned their heads when she walked by and their eyes widened at how much stuff was in the cart. 
              To the skin care she thought happily. Her skin was actually pretty nice, but it was a little dull, so she got face washes, exfoliators, masks, creams, lotion, peels, and some other stuff. For the hair, she got cleansing stuff since it was a little oily, straighteners and curling irons, voluminzing shampoos, and hairspray. Looking like the biggest hoarder, she finally finished at the check out line, and got back on the bus to go home with a bunch of bags in both arms.  
           Arriving home she immediately took off her glasses, and popped in her contacts that her parents got her a couple of weeks ago. She ended up taking them out to take a shower with her new products, and then put them back in. After making up a skin routine, she glided on some makeup, and when she stared back in the mirror she was tounge tied. Is that really me? It was impossible, how could that pretty girl in the mirror possibly be the same Yoona.  
          The next day, she applied some make up and did the same thing as the previous day. It felt so weird to have her hair down, but she would have to get used to it.  Stepping onto the bus she felt different. All the people gave her warm smiles now, and everyone seemed to like her a lot more that before. Walking around and embracing the new her was a kind of nice feeling, but she looked down, and her clothes were still ugly. I'm going to have do something about these she cringed. Stopping in front of a salon, she decided to go in and get a hair cut. " Miss you're very pretty" the worker complimented. She felt so happy, no one had ever told her that before. In the end she decided on getting long layers, and she dyed her hair a gorgeous brown. " Woah you have to be one of the prettiest girls that I've ever seen in my life." everyone complimented. Blushing madly she paid and almost skipped out.
        This feeling is incredible she thought giddily.  Afterwards, she went to the department store and bought a whole new wardrobe. Trying on dresses shorts, tops, sweaters, jackets, skirts, jeans, practically everything. She looked good in almost all of the items she tried on, so she ended up buying 75% of the total items that she had put on.  As she got on the bus again, the people were in awe, and she was kind of confused at why they were staring at her. 
         Once again she stared in the mirror like the day before, and clapsed her hand over . Woah was all she could say. The new hair made her even prettier than she was before, and it was like an overwhelming beauty looking back at her. Running to her closet, she threw everything in big bags and was planning to donate them. She hurriedly went to the landromat and washed all of the new clothing items. Hanging them up in place of the old clothes. Now it looked like she always looked like this, and Yoona was already used to it. Opening her purse she looked at all the reciepts, and groaned at all the money that had been spent.. Oh well it was worth it, because you're so going to regret everything now Donghae.