Going Home

I'm The New Foreign Exchange Student
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two weeks went by faster than what we thought. This is it. This is the worst pain I'm ever going to feel. Leaving the one I love. The one that has been for me the whole time I have been here. The one that protected me and made me so happy. He's going to be thousands of miles away. I know I will see him again, but it’s going to hurt so bad. I don't want to feel this kind of pain. I'm not emotionally ready for this… And the worst part is, my host family just left me at the airport here because the had other things to do.

"______..." I heard someone say as I'm setting in the airport waiting for my flight. 
I turn around and see Minho. I'm ready to ball right now. I have to be strong…
"Minho…" I said quietly as he came over to me and starts hugging me. 
"How are you?" He asked softly.
"I'm sad." I told him honestly. 
"Me too." He said before giving me a peck on the check. 
I look down in his hands and he is holding a gift bag. I wonder what it could be.
"This is for you." Minho said while handing me the bag with a smile. 
"You didn't have to." I told him with tears in my eyes.
"Let's sit, and you open it." He suggested. 
I take a seat next to him and look at the pretty purple gift bag with purple and white tissue paper. I'm scared I'm going to cry as soon as I open it. I know I am. 

I take out the tissue paper and I see a book… not just any book. A photobook. I know this is going to make me cry.
"______, I wanted to put all our best memories in a book for you." He said with a smile.
I continue looking in the bag and I pull out an article of clothing. It was a couple of Minho's favorite shirts he wears all the time. Oh no, don't start crying now.
"I wanted to give you that so you can sleep with my scent on it." 
Finally, I see a small box in the bottom of the bag. I take it out and give him a bit of a confused look. 
"______, this is going to be something special for you." Minho told me while taking the box from my hands.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
He opens the box and I see a small gold ring with a pretty white stone. He puts it on my ring finger on my right hand.
"I got you this as a promise ring. To promise you that I will still love you, even though you are away. As a promise to see you again. A promise to have a future together…" Minho said with tears in his eyes.
I can't handle it. My emotions are all over the place. I start bawling… I love this guy so much. I can't believe he got me a real gold promise ring with a diamond. He must of worked hard to get the money for it. I feel so bad, but so happy at the same time. I'm happy that he wants a future with me. I feel bad because I'm sure he spent a lot of money on these gifts. I'm sad because I'm leaving. Why does this have to be so hard. 

I open the photobook and look at the pictures of us with him. All the sweet things he wrote about us in there. I'm going to treasure this for sure. 
"______, I'm going to miss you so much." Minho said as a tear started going down his cheek.
"No, no… Don't cry yet. I'm not leaving yet." I told him while hugging him and crying with him.
"This is hard, babe." He said softly through his tears.
"But think, we had so many amazing memories together…" 
"I know, I will  see you again. I promise." He said while holding out his pinky to make a pinky promise.
I make a pinky promise with him. I try to smile through all my tears.
"You are the most amazing, the most beautiful, the most intelligent girl I know." Minho said while looking in my eyes.
I can't stop crying. I want to stay with him so bad. I'm feeling empty already. 
"Minho, you are amazing." I told him while giving him a huge hug. 

We sit next to each other holding hands while we wait for the service desk to call my flight. The clock is ticking and each minute feels like it's flying by. Closer and closer to having to leave. Everything is racing through my mind. I just want this to get done and over with so I can see him again another time.

"Flight to ______ is now loading." The service desk announces.
That's me. I have to go.  
"I love you, ______." Minho said before giving me a kiss.
"I love you, too." I told him with a small smile through all my tears.
We get up and he walks me over to the gate where I got to go through security. 
"______,

Please log in to read the full chapter