Gone For the Day

I'm The New Foreign Exchange Student
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, again! Got it done earlier than expected. :) Over 5,000 words in a few hours, since I was very motivated. Total chapter is: 5,072 words. Wooo! I think that's the longest chapter I have written so far, and the longest one I have written in a few hours. 

 

Chapter 31 updated! I am not sure if I will finish chapter 32 before school starts. I still need to go school shopping, get my hair rehighlighted, get papers for school signed, and get my senior pictures taken. As soon as possible, I will update. :) 

 

If you didn't see my notice, I will copy it here:

Sorry to take so long to update... again. I have been REALLY busy preparing for a taekwondo tournament on August 10th! :)

To go along with practicing for the tournament, I am officially a blue belt in taekwondo. :) I took my test recently and received my blue belt. Very exciting for me. :)

 

At the end of this month, I will be starting my SENIOR year of high school! Wooo! Time really flies by quick. With that said, I probably won't be able to update that often. We will see since it will depend on my schedule.

 

So. That's basically why I took so long to update. I would to apologize again for taking so long. Preparing for the tournament has eaten up most of my time. Expecting to bring home gold! :)

 

With that said, enjoy the update. :) Sorry if there are errors, I will look over it another day and correct the errors. I typed 70% of this on my phone. There might be quite a few. Pardon my errors. :p

 

Comments are always encouraging. :p

 

Comment :) Subscribe:) Enjoy :)

 

If it's Rated M, it's only for mild language or suggestive themes.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✎✐✎

*Your POV*

 

"Poke..." I hear someone say as they poke my arm.

I look over and see L. Joe.

"Hey, L. Joe. What's up?" I asked him while getting my gym bag out of my locker.

"A lot of people are gone on that field trip, so I need someone to bug." he said teasingly.

"Yeah, Minho went on that trip as well." I told him with a sigh.

You know, today has been so boring without Minho. I can't bug him all day long. By what the teachers said, they won't be back until about five-thirty this evening. What in the world am I suppose to do until then. Oh! I just remembered! Daesung didn't go. Maybe the three of us can hang out this afternoon.

"So what are you going to do without him?" L. Joe asked, interrupting my thought.

"Are you busy after school?" I asked him curiously.

"No, why? Want to do something after school together?"

"I was thinking you, me, and Daesung could. What do you think? Is it ok?"

"Yeah, it's ok. But what will we do together?"

"I was thinking maybe we could just hang out at Daesung's house. I have been there before. It's nice, in my opinion. You won't want to come to Jinho's. He is... not so nice sometimes."

"Ha. Yeah, I know that. You forget about what was going around?"

"Yes, yes. I remember. It was horrible. Jinho can be nice sometimes. Ninety-percent of the time, he is a jerk."

"So, Daesung's it is. But make sure to ask him first. Or he won't be very happy."

 

To: Daesung ;)

From: _______

Daeeeesunggggg~

 

To: _______

From: Daesung ;)

Yesssss~?

 

To: Daesung ;)

From: _______

Are you busy after school? :)

 

To: _______

From: Daesung ;)

Nope, I'm not. Why? Want to hang out? :)

 

To: Daesung ;)

From: _______

Yeahhh. Me, you, and L. Joe.

 

To: _______

From: Daesung ;)

Ok, not a problem. My house?

 

To: Daesung ;)

From: _______

Yeah. Talk to you in class.

 

I turn the volume off on my phone and put it in my gym bag. As the bell rings, I start making my way to the gym, looking at the new paintings the art class did on the wall. Very well done job, I must say.

 

Going into the locker room, I noticed something unusual. Something just doesn't seem right. Kunhee was here today, so it's not her. The assistant gym teacher got fired, so it's not him. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't think of it. I start getting changed and see a soccer ball roll to my feet. Was the one who hit me a girl? It has to be! Instantly I react and get dressed as quick as I can. This just doesn't happen for no reason. It's strange, because I am the only person in this half of the locker room. I don't know who is in the other half. Reminds me of a horror movie! Creeping me the hell out! I lock my gym back in a locker and get out as quick as I can. On my way out, I literally run into some one. They are tall and muscular, a very familiar build.

"Whoa, whoa. What's wrong?" the guy ask, sounding like Daesung.

"I'm sorry, but it was..." I said, looking up to see Daesung with a confused face.

"Calm down. What happened?" he said, cutting me off.

"The soccer ball. It mysteriously rolled to my feet in the locker room when I was undressed." I told him while clinging on to him.

"Maybe it was just a random soccer ball that was left there from earlier."

"No, I don't think so," I told him while starting to really freak out, "I don't feel safe here. I really don't."

By this point, I am almost in tears. Is someone seriously trying to murder me or something?!

"No, no. Don't cry.." Daesung said in a calming voice.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" Onew came over to ask.

"A soccer ball in the locker room." Daesung told him quietly.

"Don't cry about that, ok? I am sure it's nothing." Onew told me, creating a group hug.

Of all days, Minho can't be here? This was probably planned since everyone knew about the trip. Who wouldn't do it when there were less people around? It's pretty obvious.

"So you think it's a girl who did this to you?" Daesung asked me.

"Yes, I do." I said to answer him.

"Don't worry, we will stay near you. Throughout the whole gym class. I believe it's a weightlifting day." Onew told me.

"Alright..." I said uneasily.

Seriously. Some of the people here are psycho. No joke. Maybe someone is just trying to scare me, or make me anxious. I don't know. Maybe I should just stop worrying about it. When Minho gets back, he can hang out with me, since it's a Friday.

 

Weightlifting. Probably the really only fun thing to do in this gym class. I don't know anything else, besides tennis, that is fun. Since it's winter, we can't go outside.

"Need help?" Daesung asked me while I was trying to get the weights off the leg press.

"Yeah, the top is too hard to get off." I told him.

"It's ok, it's not a problem." he told me, taking off some weight.

"Thank you." I said with a slight smile.

"Anytime." he said with a big smile.

 

"Don't you think 300lbs is a little too heavy for you?" a random guy asked.

"No, it's not. That you for your concern, though." I told him.

"It is." he said making me get up.

"Hey! I was using that!" I yelled at him.

"You listen to me." he said, tightening his grip on my arm.

This is when I need to actually panic. Time to flip someone's !

"Let go of me." I said calmly.

"You think I would do that?" he said, jerking my body.

Before he knew it, he was on the ground in 2.3 seconds flat. And he hit the ground. Hard. Was that the person who hit me?

"Leave me alone." I told him, kicked him, and left.

 

The day flew by pretty quick. Now it's time to hang out with Daesung and L. Joe. :)

"Daesung." I said as I made my way to his locker with my things.

"Hey, cute girl." he said with a smile.

Even though I am with Minho, he's not afraid to call me that.

"Ready to go?" I ask him, snooping in his locker.

"Yeah, let's go find L. Joe, then we can go." he told me.

We look all through the halls to find L. Joe. No where to be seen. Where could he have possibly gone to in about ten minutes? He has to be around here somewhere. As we keep searching, I notice something strange again. The soccer ball. It's near L. Joe's locker. Why in the world would it be near his locker? Did the one who hit me ball take L. Joe?! That can only be the possible solution! Is this like being haunted or something? I swear to god, I am being haunted. Who could be doing this? I know, some psycho related to Kunhee that wants me to die! Next thing I know, I hear a voice calling my name.

"_______. Yo, you hear me girl?" the guy said.

I turn around and see the exact guy I was looking for.

"L. Joe?!" I said in surprise.

"Yeah? It's me?" he responded in confusion.

"Where were you?" I asked in relief.

"I had to use the bathroom." he told me in weirded-out tone.

"I saw a soccer ball by your locker, so I thought something happened to you. For a minute I thought the person who hit me with the soccer ball took you away and tried to kill you or something." I explained to him.

"You are so paranoid." he told me, patting my shoulder.

"Wouldn't you be? And why was it next to your locker?"

"Because I have a locker next to a player on the soccer team, maybe?" he responded in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, ok. I'm sorry." I said quietly.

It seems like he is mad since he is just walking away. Daesung grabs my arm and drags me with him.

"I know you didn't mean to." Daesung said as we make our way to L. Joe, who is already out to the car.

"It's just so hard for me right now. Really, after being hurt like I was, wouldn't you be paranoid? It makes me worry so much. Like some is trying to kill me." I ranted on to him.

"Trust me, I would be paranoid, too. But sometimes we need to stay calm, even though we might be paranoid. Freaking out over a soccer ball at his locker is not good, ok? It could have been anyone's. I keep a soccer ball in my gym locker. It doesn't mean someone is going to seriously hurt me with it and it doesn't mean I am going to hurt someone with it. Trust me, you will be fine. The soccer ball in the locker room was probably just one of the girls from earlier that was left there and someone accidently hit it. To be honest, I don't think that someone is going to try to do that to you again. If the security cameras caught who it was, then they are probably already expelled. The incident was reported. They might just have not told you who the person was. But when Minho gets back later, I suggest you talk to him about it. He can calm you down more than anyone else can here." Daesung calmly explained to me.

"Daesung, you are right. Maybe I am just over paranoid. But to be honest, I get paranoid very easily. I worry a lot, too. That's why I freaked out twice today about it. I just don't know what's going to happen next. Maybe the person who did it is still around, maybe they aren't. Who will know?" I told him while opening the car door.

"Exactly." he said with a soft smile.

When I get in the car, L. Joe doesn't say a word. Did I really make him that mad? I couldn't have.

"L. Joe, I am sorry. I just get overly paranoid sometimes." I said to him softly.

"Yes, I can tell." he said in a fairly angry tone.

"L. Joe, don't be upset with her, please. She has been having a rough time lately. I am sure you would be paranoid after that happened to you." Daesung told him in a caring voice.

"Fine, I forgive her." L. Joe said with a sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know how you could get mad her. She is such a nice, cute girl. Even if she was that paranoid and did that to me, I wouldn't be mad or annoyed with her. You need to realize she is in a different country that she doesn't know that well. So please, take it easy on her."

Wow. Daesung stood up for me. Only if Minho was here, though. He would have a lot more to say to him.

"You are right, Daesung. I was a little too harsh on her. I am sorry, _______." L. Joe said in a guilty voice.

"It's ok." I told L. Joe with a small smile.

The best part of the trip, Minho could text me on the way back. :) Since it's about 2:45, he should be heading back soon. It's a two-hour drive to where ever he went today. From what I heard, it was a museum for his history class. I will be expecting a message from him very soon. :)

"You know, only a few more hours until Minho gets back, _______." Daesung told me.

"Yes, I know. I am actually quite excited." I said with a small smile.

"Jeez, girl. How much time do you spend with him?" L. Joe asked me.

"A lot, to be honest." I admitted.

"Doesn't he get tired of hanging out with you? Not in a rude way. He has other better things to do, you know." L. Joe said trying not to offend me, but still did.

"Daesung." I said in a scratchy voice.

Honestly, L. Joe really did offend me. He could have keep it to himself. I know that Minho loves to spend time with me. But to think now, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he just does because I want him to. It's better off if I just go home and take a nap while I wait for him

"Yeah?" Daesung responded.

"I think it's best if I go to Jinho's while I wait for Minho. You and L. Joe can hang out by yourself." I said in a disappointed voice.

"Sure, I can take you there." he answered with concern.

"Thank you." I said in a quiet tone.

"Um, _______. You never answered my question." L. Joe told me.

"Please, ask him yourself." I told him in an offend tone.

"Listen, I didn't mean to offend you. I was just asking." he told me in a soft tone.

"Daesung, still take me to Jinho's." I told Daesung in a scratchy voice.

"I will, cute girl." he said, coming close to my house.

"Thank you." I said very softly.

"You're welcome. I will text you later, alright?" he said as he pulled up to the house.

"Alright. Have a good afternoon." I told him while getting out of the car.

"You too." he told me.

I shut his car door and wave goodbye. What has got into L. Joe? Am I really that annoying? Maybe I shouldn't even text Minho tonight.

 

*30 minutes later*

 

A buzzing sound woke me up from my nap. To find out, it was my phone going off.

 

To: _______

From: Minho <3

Hey, beautiful girl <3 I miss you.

 

As I said before, I shouldn't answer his text. Let's see if he will text me if I don't answer…

 

Five minutes later, my phone goes off again. Looking at the screen, it was Minho again.

 

To: _______

From: Minho <3

Honey, I love you. Where are you?

 

I guess I should answer his messages. If I really did annoy him, he wouldn't be messaging me. Right?

 

To: Minho <3

From: _______

Hey,

Please log in to read the full chapter