First Day of School

I'm The New Foreign Exchange Student
Please log in to read the full chapter
*Your POV*   Finally, my first day at a foreign school! I get up early just to make sure I look nice for my first day. What is that I will only know two people. But that’s ok. I am sure I will make plenty of new friends.   I leave for school with Jinae and Jinho. The school is close enough to walk to everyday. It is a big school. Where I was living in the US, it was small. Not nearly as big as this school. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I wonder what people will think of me?   We finally arrive at the school. There is a lot of students! I get inside the school at get my schedule and everything. I look at me schedule. It is different then what we have in the US. We use to have 4 classes a day every other day for 80 minutes. This schedule says that we have math, English (What the heck? Really?), gym, study hall, and science. Apparently school is from 7:50-3:00. Where I live, school was from 8:10-2:25. Totally different schedule. And we don’t get to pick our classes here. I use to pick all my classes. But anyway.   It is time to go to first class. I have math first. I get to class and there was a whole bunch of people. Way more than what we had in a class. We had about 10 in a class. It is rather intimidating. I find a seat. I sit at a table alone next to the window. I just wait to see if anyone is going to sit by me. Then someone comes over to me. He was tall and quite handsome. "Do you mind if I sit here?" he asks. "Go ahead." I said. He smiles and takes a seat next to me. Out of the seats in the class left, he chose to sit next to me. I just smile. "My name is Minho. What is your name?" "My name is _______." "Nice to meet you, _______." The teacher starts class. I can’t help but smile :). He seems really friendly. I snap out of it and start taking notes. I don’t really understand what the teacher is talking about. We never learned this type of math in my other school. We didn’t even learn pre-algebra until freshman year. Hopefully I catch on quick. I usually do in math. If not, I will have someone tutor me. Maybe the boy next to me will tutor me if I ever needed help. He seems sweet enough too.   All we do is take notes all class apparently. Maybe because it is a first class? But we got homework. I don’t know. The class ends and I pack up all my things. "Hey, you seemed like you were struggling today…" Minho said.
"Um, a little. But it's ok. I will catch on." I said.
"Are you sure? The homework is due tomorrow."
"I'm sure."
"Ok. I was going to offer to help you during study hall." "Really? You would help me?"
"Of course. Just let me know if you need help."
"Ok, thank you."
"See you last period."
He leaves before I even get a chance to finish packing my things.   I move on to next class. It happens to be English. Why in heck would I need English class?! I am a native in English! Jeez, these people are something else. I get to my class. There weren't as many people as last class. Maybe this was a more advanced level of English? I take a seat. I get a notebook and pencil out. I put them on the desk. I look over and there is this kid sitting next to me. When did he get here? "Hey, I'm Key." he said.
"Hey, Key. I'm _______." I said.
"Whoa! An English name! Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you, too."
"So what are you doing in English class?"
"I honestly don’t know. What level is this?"
"Intermediate to advanced." "Seriously?"
"Yes."
"*Sigh*"
He just laughs a little. The teacher starts class. The teacher is really nice. This will be an easy class to pass since I am a native. At least I think.      This. Class. Is. So. Long! Why does this class feel like it is dragging on? Maybe because I am understanding everything she is saying!? Jeez… will this class ever end?   Finally! Class is over! I pack up my things. "See you around." Key said.
"See you." I said. I leave class right behind him. I go to my next class. Which happens to be science. I really at science. Hopefully I do well in this class.   I pick a lab table to sit at. I wait for someone to sit next to me. Maybe Key or Minho will be in this class? Or Jinae. I just wait. And wait. And wait. Maybe no on likes me? Maybe because no one knows me. Class is about to start. I see one more person coming in. there is still a few more spots. He comes over and sits next to me. "Hey, babe." he said. "Stop it." I said. "Ohh come on. Be a nice girl."
He gives me a wink. I just roll my eyes. "What's your name, cutie?"
"My name isn't 'cutie'. It’s _______."
"Ohh. Nice name. My name is Jonghyun."
"Nice." Ugh. He seems annoying. Who does he think he is calling me 'cutie' and 'babe'? I take out my pencil and notebook. I put it on the desk. I look over at him and he is starring at my chest. Ugh! What a ert! I cover my chest with my arms. "*Gasp*! Who do you think you are?! You’re a ert!"
"A cup?"
I really want to kick his into next year! Finally class starts. We takes some notes for half the class. Then the teacher gives us some practice work. Before I know it, class is over and it is time for lunch! I get my things packed up. "See you later, babe." Jonghyun said. He gives me a wink.
"Leave me alone, you ert." I said. I leave and go to lunch.   I wait in the lunch line with Jinae.
"So, how is your first day going?" she asks.
"Ok, I guess. I am going to hate science all year." I said.
"Why?"
"Because of this Jonghyun…"
"Jonghyun was hitting on you?!"
"Yes? Who is he?"
"He is a player. He gets every girl he wants."
"Well, he isn’t getting me. Ew. He was checking me out."
"He is hot."
"No, he isn't. Ugh. He is a ert."
"You're lucky. Any girl here would die to have him."
"Well, not me."
We finally get our lunch. "Hey look, lets go sit over there." She points over to a table that is quite full. I see Minho and Key are over there.
"Ok." We go over and sit next to them. There is two there boys. I don’t know their names though.
"Ohh, hey guys." Key said.
Minho looks at me and smiles. "Hey." Minho said. I smile back and blush slightly.
"Hey." I sit next to him.
"This is the new foreign exchange student, _______." Jinae said.
"Hey, _______. My name is Onew." Onew said.
"And I'm Taemin! Nice to meet you, noona!" Taemin said.
"Nice to meet you guys." I said.
I notice Minho looking at me. I smile and bite my lip. Jinae gets my attention. "Yah, is there something going on with you and Minho?" Jinae asks whispering to me. "No?" 
"He is attractive, isn't he?"
"…" I start to blush a little.
"You think he is." She said smirking.
"N-no…" "Yes! You are blushing…" "Fine. I think he is attractive. So what?" "He is popular. He is the star soccer player." "So?" "Want a piece of chicken, _______?" Onew asks me smiling. "YOU are giving up CHICKEN!?" Key asks Onew. "She is new to Korea. I would like to offer her ONE piece of chicken." Onew said sweetly. "No, thank you. I am all set. I am full." I said. "Ok. Maybe tomorrow." Onew said. I am all finished eating. I get up with Jinae and take care of my tray. It is time to go to next class.   Yuck. I have gym. I always hated gym. I still do. Last year I thought it was my last
Please log in to read the full chapter