The Almighty Key

If I'm your Heaven then You're my Hell!

 

Once the sun arose from its horizon, you checked yourself on the wall mirror by the hallway and quickly took your bag from the living room. You snatched a piece of bread from the table and off you went to school.

Han Soo Private School is an elite school where students are properly taught with good manners. Unfortunately, it didn’t really have a very good quality of teaching but their discipline was quite impressive. Its area was about 20 square kilometers and has many buildings for every department. From the east side, there lies the Math and English department while from the west, lies the sports field. At the south was the school building and the Science department. Lastly, at the north were the other departments and a dormitory, too. Han Soo isn’t quite the popular but a lot of people enroll their child that’s why it became well-known for the past few years.

As you ran to the gates where Luhan was quietly waiting for you to arrive, you bumped into someone and almost fell. Good thing the person was like a ninja who quickly grabbed you waist. You and the person got an eye-to-eye contact, leaving you wordless from its gleaming and innocent eyes. The person wore an emotionless look but smiled warmly at you later after that.

“Be careful. ”

He whispered to you and made your heart race unknowingly. You knotted your eyebrow but what’s worse was Luhan saw it and didn’t like the fact that you were being held by another guy. He walked over to the both of you and snatched you away from him. He pulled you to an embrace as he glared and gave the mysterious guy the laser beams while you were blushing uncontrollably.

“L-Luhan..?”

You called, unsure at his sudden action. You can’t see what’s happening since you were leaning on his broad chest, his scent entering your nose that made your heart beat faster.

Oh, no! Stop... b-beating! He’ll hear you.’

You close your eyes tightly and clenched on his polo shirt, his uniform. While you worry over your heartbeat, the two guys started glaring at each other not even speaking a word. You felt the tensed up atmosphere and pushed Luhan gently away and looked over your shoulder.

“U-uhm... sorry for being a klutz and thank you for preventing me from falling. So... see you! Luhan, let’s go.”

You bowed at the person that saved you, didn’t bother smiling again, then you dragged Luhan away holding him by the hand. You kept on nagging at him but Luhan noticed your entwined hand and smiled at the sight of it. He slightly tightened his grip, not wanting you to notice and you both continued to walk towards the bulletin board to see whether you two got into the same class. You searched for your names while Luhan stared at your hands, smiling cutely while having a tint of red on his cheeks.

Later on, little by little, students were noticing you two holding hands and started talking about it. Clueless you were, you started to notice the loud murmurs going on then looked around at the top topic they’re murmuring on. And finally, you saw that they’re all looking at your entwined hands of Luhan. Luhan, on the other hand, didn’t care for that gossips. All he cared was how he liked your warmness over his.

“Y-yah! Mind your own business!”

You yelled then let Luhan’s hand. His eyes slightly widened then pouted after. But he didn’t know how red your face was and how hot it was, letting steams go out from your head. But you hated the fact that you let his hand go first. You snapped out from your thoughts and shook your head. Luhan made a questioning look then you continued searching for your names.

A smile appeared on your face when you saw your name but made a disgusted one when you saw a despiteful name along with yours. You shivered the name out then turned to look at Luhan with a sad look to give him the bad news.

“We’re not in the same class.”

You sighed but got a pat on your head by Luhan as he smiled at you charmingly.

“Don’t worry, I see mine at the next class. See? We’re just right next to each other. So don’t put such sad look on your pretty face. It’s the first day. Let’s go?”

“Mmm!”

You nodded happily at him then you both walked to where your room were located. But something made you stop. A sickening name crossed your ear. You stiffened and Luhan noticed it. He arched his eyebrow from worry then held your shoulder. You felt cold all of a sudden but got snapped out when Luhan embraced you. Your eyes widened and cheeks started to blush.

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing. I’m fine.”

You pushed him away, slowly, and he cupped your cheeks then made you look at him. You stared at his eyes then smiled at him.

“Let’s go.”

As Luhan smiled and turned away, your smile wore off.

‘Choi Joon Hong’

The name appeared on your mind then bit your lip from remembering it.

On the way to your classroom, another troublesome person blocked your way. Luhan scoffed at him then you rolled your eyes at him. Kim Kibum, also known as ‘The Almighty Key’, is a badass for being a bully and at the same time, a diva of Han Soo. You two became classmates back at middle school and didn’t bear to stand his awful personality. You also despised his guts at everything. You groaned then walked pass at him, Luhan behind you, but Key grabbed your arm.

“Yah!”

You hissed at him when he gave you his smirk. You just rolled your eyes then yanked my arm from his grip. He laughed then he’s gang came.

“Morning, ___.”

To be honest, his gang wasn’t like him. They were kind and friendly. The only problem on them was their attitudes. Sometimes they’re a total pain in the . You bowed at them then lip sync them your thank you and said to Luhan your goodbye. He smiled then off he went to the neighboring class.

Key followed you and sat right beside you. You picked the seat next to the window at the front row since you love watching people pass by. Key started to chat you but you ignored him and made him pissed off. He snorted at you then walked away. But later on, went back to you.

“Why are you ignoring me?”

You ignored his question. He rolled his eyes, totally pissed off then Taemin butted in when Key almost tried to slap you.

“Mianhe, ____. I’ll take care of him.”

Taemin smiled at you then pushed Key away towards his gang. You could hear him shouting at his buddies. You giggled and didn’t notice a person pass by you. You went back on observing the people but the teacher came right in after that.

Class started and since it’s the first day, there’s nothing to do that much. When lunch came, Luhan knocked on the door and every girl started murmuring about him. You rolled your eyes at them and Luhan saw that. He sheepishly smiled to himself then walked over to you. But he stopped when he saw the person sitting behind you. He glared at him and you noticed it.

“Yah, do you really have to glare at each person like that?”

“Huh? Ah.. ani, let’s go grab lunch.”

You stood up then you two left the room. On the way to the cafeteria, Key once again blocked your way.

“What is it?”

“You really do look pathetic!”

“Key, haven’t you had enough on me back at middle-school?”

“No.”

“Ugh!!”

“You see, I hate it when you top it on being the teachers’ fave. I wonder what potion you’re giving them.”

“Key.”

“Oh, I think you got your high scores because you’re persuading them, right?”

 “Yah, Kim Kibum! Enough already!”

“Enough? I don’t want. I hate that ugly face of yours and whenever I see you smile, they disgust me! I just so want to drown you dead!”

Your eyes widened then Luhan jumped in and pushed Key aside as he grabbed your hand. The word ‘hate’ rang in to your head like a chime. You didn’t notice tears flowing so you stopped as well as Luhan. He got shock at your crying face and quickly went to you. He patted your head and you calmed down.

“Want to eat something nutritious?”

“Mm.”

You nodded and Luhan told you to wait for him at where you were standing. While waiting for him, someone shoulder bumped you and you winced at the slight pain. You glared at the person but it wore off when you met the person once again. You smiled then bowed at him.

“Annyeong.”

“Ne, annyeong.”

“Uhm, I still don’t know your name.”

“It’s Daehyun.”

“I’m ____.”

He smiled at you then walked away. Right after that, Luhan came running to you with lots of bread. You giggled at him when he almost tripped. He hand you a croissant and both of you walked back to your room while eating the bread.

The school time was over and you walked out of your room as soon as possible. Luhan was waiting at you by the gates and you ran quickly to him. Luhan breathed out then turned to look at you. His stare wasn’t the same like before and that made you knot your brow.

“____, I have something to tell you.”

“Hm? What is it?”

“I.... I li---“

Since you know what comes next, you interrupted him by saying a stupid stuff.

“A-ah!!! L-Look, the sky’s pink! How cute, right? Let’s go?”

Luhan was stunned by your silly action and watched on how you skipped on your way. He chuckled then shook his head. Honestly, you weren’t ready yet for his confession but there’s a second thought on it. What if it wasn’t a confession? You shook your head and felt a warm and soft hand twine on yours. You look at Luhan who was only smiling and you smiled at the ground. You let this time pass since you still want him to be closer to you. You’re too scared at what will happen. So, you walked on the road, hand in hand with Luhan, while the sun was setting on the horizon.