A little something... [re-editted]

If I'm your Heaven then You're my Hell!

Your POV

 

There was a yelp from the outside of my room. It was still dim and I could slightly see a thing inside. I sat up from my bed then slowly got off to see what's happening outside. I squinted my eyes as if there's someone outside my room. Even so, I shook my head and strolled towards the door. I twisted the knob and pulled it open. In front of me was the hallway to my living room and dining area and the door way out of my apartment. All the lights were dead close so I couldn't see a thing or two. I turned to my right and touched the wall softly, searching for the switch. When I found it, I all the lights and searched the area. 

There was nothing and no one but me inside this empty apartment. But, how could a yelp is heard from my room if there's no one here? I sighed then went to the living room and sat on my soft sofa where a TV stood in front of it. A coffee table at the middle and two arm chair at each side.

"Guess no one's here."

I said it to myself as if there's someone to have a word of. I turned the TV on then watched the early talk show. I sighed once again then noticed something on top of the dining table across the living room. A box with a red ribbon on it was lying on the table. I darted my eyes on it then quickly stood up as I went to the dining area.

“What’s up with this? My birthday is still far away.”

“Why? Don’t you like it when I leave presents on your table?”

My heart jumped out of its place when I heard someone’s voice behind me. I turned around then grabbed the edges of the table. My eyes were round like a basketball but it turned into a knife when a familiar figure smiled at me.

“LuHan.”

I growled beneath my breath then playfully smacked him in the arms.

“Geez, stop scaring me like that. And, what’s up with you coming all the way here from Busan? I thought you’ll come home tomorrow?”

“Well, a lot of reasons crossed my mind and all of it was YOU. Now, open my present and I’ll tell you what happened while I was there.”

“Save it till tomorrow at school. It’s 3 in the morning and I swear I clearly heard a yelp.”

“Oh, that would be me.”

He chuckled and made my heart race once again. I rolled my eyes then took the box away from the dining area and placed it on the coffee table at the living room. I could see LuHan watching my every move which caused my cheeks to burn up.

I’d liked LuHan ever since we met in middle high school. But that time, he never sees me as a friend rather a rival to be straight. He always tried beating me at academics, contests, and sports but failed to do so. That’s why, when the school year ended, I reached out for him and he accepted it.

His charming smile was the one that made me fall for him. But, I kept on declining the feelings that I was having. I was too afraid to be rejected again... just like when I was still living with my aunt back at our old house.

Back then, it was time for us to move out and our neighbours, too. The son of that neighbouring house was my playmate when we were in grade school. But, when I heard that they’ll be moving to America, I went to their house as quick as possible. When I saw him standing by their car, his favourite teddy bear wrapped on his left arm, I slowly walked up to him. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around with his expressionless face.

“You were leaving to America yet you didn’t tell me? How could you? I thought we were friends? And... and.. I-I like you.”

I looked at him in the eyes while saying those words, tears kept on falling down from my eyes and hiccups escaped from my tiny lips. He didn’t bother to smile or something. He just stood there, looking at me with those blank eyes. He sighed then walked closer to me. Using his sleeve, he wiped off my tears away then patted my head.

“I never once considered you as my friend so why bother telling you where I’ll go? Besides, I don’t like you as my friend. You’re contagious and such a bad influence. You’re a tomboy and acts like my guard whenever I’m in trouble. You act tough though actually you’re really a coward. You’re not even intelligent like me so why must I bother to like such person like you? ”

I gasped at his statement and more tears flowed down to my cheeks. I felt like I turned into a human statue after hearing those insults. I bit my lip and slapped his hand away from my head.

“I hate you!!! I don’t ever want to see your face ever again!! I hate you, I hate you!!”

And with that, I ran back to our house, crying my heart out. Only his expressionless face was etched on my mind. From that day on, I swore to my heart that I’ll never again like a person and express them so easily. I’ll also won’t let them hurt me.

 

“___? ___!! Yah, are you dead?!”

LuHan shook me by the shoulder then I shook my head as I looked at him.... his face so close to me. My eyes widened then accidentally panicked as I hit my head at his head. I apologized at him quickly while touching my head.

“Mianhe, LuHan.”

“Geez, today’s my special day, okay?”

“Eh?”

“What kind of a friend are you?”

“O-oh! R-right..... Happy birthday.”

“That’s all?”

His smile went off of his charming face. He looked away then I swear I could see his pouting lips. I smiled then pinched his cheeks.

“Omo, you’re so cute. Don’t worry, I have a little something for your present.”

“Really?”

I smiled as my reply then stood up and stood in front of him. I gestured him to close his eyes and he gave me a questioning look. I scoffed then told him to just do it. He closed his eyes then I slowly leaned forward. I smiled then took something out from my pocket. I took my glance away from LuHan but I caught him open his eyes and his cheeks were bright red. I smirked inside my head then turned back at him and he quickly closed his eyes, his cheeks still bright red.

“Here.”

I placed a silver necklace around his neck then pulled away. I placed my pointing finger at his forehead then flicked it as he quickly opened his eyes.

“What? You think I’d ‘kiss’ you?”

“H-huh? N-no way!”

I laughed then shook my head.

“Go back. Time to hit the shower.”

“Wait, are you very sure you don’t want me to at least let you live in my house?”

“LuHan.”

“Okay, okay.”

“See you at school.”

I turned away ready to go to the bathroom when suddenly, LuHan grabbed my wrist and turned me around. My eyes widened when he kissed me on the cheeks. He pulled away then said goodbye as he quickly took off of the house. I was left dumbfounded and I touched my cheek.

I quickly shook my head and went back to my room. What a surprise that was! My cheeks are all burning up!!  LuHan just... kissed me? Omo, I could break that promise of mine. Well, it’s time to wash up before I faint for the first day of school.