Closure

Summer Trip

Chanyeol’s POV

 

I remembered I was having a deep sleep until something big fell upon me. It was so hard to open my eyes, but this heavy thing should be out of my body immediately.I tried my best to move that thing away from my body, even though I could still hold on this position a little longer. Later on I realized it was Yoochun hyung, staying idly over me.

“Hyung…” I tried to be louder but all I could hear was my hoarse voice. Yoochun hyung only moved a bit from before finally rolled to the bed next to me. He curled up his legs, closing his eyes.

“Hyung…” I called him again. “What’s wrong with you?” I blinked a few times before realizing that Yoochunhyung was still on his working attire: a pant, white shirt, and even a tie (although it was mess already). I looked up to the clock at the wall, it was 8 AM.

“Are you just back from the office? Or are you about to go to the office but then fell asleep, huh?” I kicked him, just to move his heavy legs from my thighs. He just hummed, still closing his eye. But then I realized that today’s Saturday. Having a too long holiday was not great for your brain though…

I groaned when he pulled my neck and rested his head on the crook of my neck. There, there… We were not gay okay, it’s just… my brother has a big tendency on doing some skinship. I already suffered this ever since I was born.

“Five minutes talking?” I asked him.

He nodded.

“Okay, start”

Yoochun hyung cough at first but then started talking. “Chanyeol, am I good at doing work? Am I good enough to be called as an architect?” I looked at him,Yoochun hyung was looking at the ceiling where I put the glow-in-dark galaxy edition there. We enjoyed looking at it on the night before sleep, while talking about our daily life. It’s just…it’s already in the morning and the sun was out already, so Yoochun hyung was only looking at it blankly.

“As far as I remembered, you love your job, Hyung. When I visited you in Japan for your short assignment, you stayed up until 3 in the morning just to finish your drawing. And… do you remember how passionate you were when we were in Europe visiting the modern building there? You said you’ll build one for father’s company… You even wanted to build me a house based on your design. What’s up, Hyung?”

He chuckled, playing with my already messy hair.

“Really? When did the last time we visited Europe?”

I rolled my eyes, trying to remember. Was it before I graduated from junior high school? Or was it when I in the first year of senior high school?

“Two or three years ago?”

“Hmm, maybe… Should I go there again?” he asked while looking at me. I shrugged, did not know what to answer. “I’m having a stress lately. I couldn’t focus on my work. I wandering a lot and I got scolded by my manager. I started to question my existence here…”

Well, to be honest, I haven’t experienced working life so I did not know what to say. But one thing for sure, my brother was having a hard time and he needs support.

“You just need to take some rest, Hyung. It doesn’t mean you’re being a bad architect or not deserved to be called “architect”. You just have to rest and refresh! Do you want to go home?” And by home means a 21 hours long trip passing the longest ocean in the world, from America to South Korea.

He quickly shook his head, changing his position from laying on the bed to sitting. “No, thanks. I could miss Sooyoung more…”

It was my turn to chuckle at him. “So the problem is Sooyoungnoona? Are you sure you don’t want to know how she was? You still haven’t asked me anything about her ever since I came back from Seoul, Hyung…”

He made a time out sign with his hands. “Five minutes talking is over. Take a bath, you stink!” he playfully punched my arm and got up from the bed, leaving my bed room. Well yeah, he’s been in love with her since high school. How come he could forget her easily?

Yoochunhyung stopped at the door and looked back at me. “Hey, could you grab some muffins and coffee from Sam’s? Our maid is taking a day off until tomorrow; she’ll be back on Monday. Until that time, let’s just order food”

“No probs, hyung!”

“Saranghae!” he yawned while walking towards his room. I ran my fingers to my hair, just to have the hair fell again around my eyes. I need to get a haircut. And speaking of missing someone…

 

“Do you want more coffee, Young Park?” Pat asked me when she passed my seat. I shook my head.

“I’m still having enough. And… could you please add extra muffins for me and my brother? You know we are a heavy eater” I winked at Pat; she smiled and put extra three blueberry muffins to the box.

Patricia, or Pat, was a worker at Sam’s, a nice diner around our apartment. Pat was a 40 year old Afro-American woman, and was actually my first foreigner friend here in New York. She found it hard to call my name, so she called me Park. It was then changed into Young Park, when she knew Yoochunhyung and called him Big Park. It was a routine for me to go here whenever I got bored with the food that the maid served, I never dare going here when my mom was around. But since she couldn’t stay in here anymore, she just left it to me and my brother.

Pat was more like friend rather than a diner’s waitress for me. She’s having this big motherly-figure that made me felt at ease whenever I talked with her. She loves hugging everyone she knew, and that includes me. Her hug was one of the best hug ever, I told ya’. It’s been a year and a half now since our first met. She knew about my family, my friends, things I like, food I hate, my bad grades (because I was trapped in Starcraft for a while), and of course, about her.

“I’m losing my lucky charm” I played the straw on my latte cup as I talked to Pat.

Pat looked at me curiously. “Your drum’s stick?Oh how come?”

I shook my head. “No, not the stick. It’s the…picture”

Pat formed an “O” with her lips and nodded several times. “Have you searched it thoroughly?”

“Already. Since I get back here, I’ve been looking for it everywhere. I even searched for it at Kris’, but I couldn’t find it”

“But you’ve told her your feeling, right? That’s the point” Pat slightly smiled as she looked at my surprised expression. I’m planning to tell her about it today but how come she knew it already?

“Kris told me yesterday when she had a brunch here with Sohee. Why didn’t he tell me earlier that he was dating Sohee? I already thought he liked me though…” Pat pouted while whining. She’s a very funny woman.

“Oh come on” I laughed at Pat’s expression. She laughed harder.

“Oh by the way… Missing her?” she suddenly asked.

“I couldn’t say no”

“That’s enough, Boy. You don’t have to hold that lucky charm again. Put some smile! You’re extremely handsome when you do that, Young Park! Cheer up! School will start next week right?”

“Yeah, couldn’t wait for it”

“I knew it! Oh, new customer. I’ll go first! See you later, boy!”

Pat quickly moved to the table next to me, leaving a box filled with muffins. I decided to end my visit today. I wore my coat and the shawl before finally heading out with the muffins box and coffee cup.  A cold autumn’s wind welcomed me as soon as I opened the café door. I tightened the shawl on my neck and walked to the apartment.

 I’m thinking of having a five minutes talking with Yoochun Hyung.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sulli’s POV

 

“Do you have to go?”

Krystal made me stop putting several books to the luggage. She was sitting on the couch in my bed room, eating a big cup of strawberry ice cream while facing the TV. She had been staying in my house since yesterday; she even asked to spend the night here.

“Were you meant it when you said it?” I asked her back, I meant literally talking to her back since she refused to look at me.

“Of course. If there were no you, life would be better. I don’t have to call you zillion times to wake you up in the morning, because you have a hearing problem with the alarm. And I can go to the mall alone every weekend. I can visit the sauna alone and take the duo membership all by myself. I can order double ice cream for one, because I will have to use it all alone…I…” Krystal stopped eating the ice cream while sobbing really hard.

I came to her and found that she’s already crying. Krystal was never crying like this before and all of this stuff made me wanted to cry too. I hugged her tightly and sobbed.

“Soojung…” I started to cry with her. Both of us crying like when we were bullied by a bunch of boys in the park back when we were in the kindergarten. I realized that both of us were never separated since we’re young. We went to the same kindergarten, elementary school, junior high school, and even senior high school. But we had different interest for university, that’s why we were separated. To me, Krystal was more that best friend. She’s like my twin.

Our cry was getting louder that it started to make my mother came to my room.

“Oh God, these little two girls. Ya, why both of you were crying like these? Oh God, why am I feeling like crying too…Omo…”

And that’s how I spent my Saturday afternoon, crying with my mother and my best friend. Krystal was never ready to let me go, and so did my mother. Even a month ago she’s already crying when she received my acceptance letter in the university. My father and Siwon oppa tried their best to calm her. But she did act like this too when she knew that Siwon oppa had to leave for States when he took his Business major. My mom was never learned…

 

 

“You’ve packed everything right? You did not leave anything,did you? And remember what I said about coming home late? I know there’re a lot of police patrols in the street but you still have to be careful. Don’t forget to call your oppa whenever you’re confused about the road. And please Honey, don’t forget to−“

“Honey, stop worrying like that.Sulli, just call when you’re arrived, okay? Daddy loves you…” my dad suddenly hugged me, stopping my mom from talking nonsense. I kissed my dad’s cheeks and hugged my mom a little longer. I saw a lot of parents bid a goodbye around me today; well after all it’s the airport, a place for farewell, whether you like it or not.

“I will stay with her, Mom. You shouldn’t be worried” Siwon oppa hugged my mom.

“It’s your job that made me worry. Don’t be too workaholic AND pay attention to your little sister, okay? But don’t forget to date someone too, Siwon! I’m tired refusing offers from any families who wanted to matchmaking their daughters with you…” my mom touched her head.

Siwon oppa was just smiling while listening to my mom’s words. My mom was about to start sobbing, but she immediately stopped it and managed to smile when she saw Suzy’s parents. My parents went to greet Suzy parents, while Suzy running towards me.

“Yay, we will be on the same plane!” Suzy said while she linked her arm to mine.

“Let’s have enough rest for this long trip…” I said back to her, she nodded quickly.

“Oh by the way, is it fine with Siwon oppa? …. To sit along with him for this whole trip?”Suzy showed her worried face.

And by him, I saw a tall guy with sharp chin and small eyes, wandering alone in the chair waiting for Suzy’s parents to end their conversation with my parents. He looked like a villain in the movie; that’s weird because he was good looking though. He suddenly looked at me and Suzy, I thought he would glare at me but all he did was slightly nodding his head to me. I nodded back at him and looked at Suzy.

“Ya, he’s handsome! Why didn’t you tell me before?” I asked Suzy who’s unwillingly to answer.

“Handsome what… Just try stay with him in a week, oh no, no, no, in three days! And you’ll live like in hell…” she glared at him, turned out the guy was looking at her too. Seriously, it was like a glaring contest. “Ya, you haven’t answered my question!”

“It’s fine with Siwon oppa, I have told him and he’s okay to sit with your friend. What’s his name again?” I asked Suzy, making her stop glaring at him.

“Myungsoo.Kim Myungsoo. And he’s not my friend” Suzy said coldly. “Oh I wish I don’t have to stay at his house…” Suzy groaned at the thought of having to live in Myungsoo’s house.

“I smell love…” I teased Suzy, she glared at me.

“Oh shut up, Sulli!”

A little later, all of my close friends were coming, including Krystal and Jiyeon. I bid them a goodbye, promised to come home on my holiday next year. A little hug here and there; and I finally went to the boarding room, getting ready for the flight. I sat on the chair and looked at the sky. Later on, I wouldn’t be able to live in my own country. I’m gonna missed Seoul and all of the memories that were happen here. I wiped the tears that formed at the corner of my eyes. See you, Seoul.

“Couldn’t you see me I’m sitting here?”

“Your leg were too long and it made me hard to walk on you”

“You have strange eyes. It’s that your body was too big for a girl”

“Oh God, could you just act like I’m not exist?”

“Fine, that’s easy”

I looked away from the empty sky to the people next to me. I saw Myungsoo and Suzy kept fighting over small thing, making me and Siwon oppa giggled at them. Suzy was clearly in love with the son of her parent’s friend. She had been talking about him since she went back to Seoul;  she’s in love but not realizing it.

And speaking of love…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A tall guy with a straight short brown hair was standing on the park where most New Yorkers spent their afternoon there. He looked decent with a white t-shirt covered with black coat, jeans, and a pair of classic Converse. His backpack fitted perfectly on his back. He wore a Goofy hat, playing with the ear part of the hat. The guy seemed to be a little excited about something; he couldn’t stop smiling while fleshing his teeth.

He looked around, but apparently the things he looked up for were not there. He started to jump a little on the place where he stood. He’s busy to look at his wrist; it seemed like he’s been waiting for hours but the clock just moved for three minutes. He watched the kids who played Frisbee at the park. He suddenly craved to play it with his brother and his friends. It was around two weeks ago when they met at the park and enjoyed some outing, but now that the new semester will start in a few days…

He once again looked at his wrist. They said time flies, but why it seemed like the time has stopped or has it moved too slowly? He thought. He kept waiting at the park, once again jumping around to kill the time. The time he spent for waiting; he hates waiting.

“I’ve told you zillion times, don’t just smiled widely and flesh your teeth everywhere, it’s creepy”

He turned back and found the owner of that annoying voice. Once again, he smiled widely. His rabbit eyes were just flaming excitement, the one thing that she noticed didn’t change. She smiled right when she saw him. They were separated for a month though, but hell…it felt like a years of not seeing him.

“Done with the college orientation?” he asked, ignoring her protest about his wide smile. She nodded. 

Chanyeol looked at the girl in front of him. Sulli wore a red coat with jeans and a pair of sneakers along with red beanies covering her head. She brought a book about the university she rolled in. Chanyeol looked at the name in front of it:

 

Sulli Choi, New Art Student

Freshmen

 

“Were you waiting quite long here?” Sulli asked Chanyeol. He shook his head.

“Sorry about the airport, I couldn’t pick you up because I accompanied Yoochun hyung to Hawaii. How was San Francisco?” he said immediately before she spoke.

“That’s fine. I was with Siwon oppa anyway… San Francisco was fun! Suzy’s place was great and I think I could visit her on weekend when I’m free…” she smiled at him; giving him another reason to widen his smile. She suddenly remembered something and took out her wallet from the bag.

“I got something for you” she said as she gave a paper. Chanyeol took it and he glanced at Sulli, feeling confused. It’s a polaroid of Sulli’s picture that he accidentally took when they were playing at the park. He thought he ran off the film, turned out there’s one more film left and he got Sulli’s picture. He treated it like his lucky charm, brought it everywhere in his notebook.

“Where did you get it?” Chanyeol asked, curious.

“Kris oppa gave it to me the day before you left for New York. Ya, I never knew you took this picture! Were there any other of my pictures that you took secretly?”

Chanyeol chuckled at Sulli’s words. “Oh, so you wish I still had any other of your pictures? Bad news, I don’t have any of it” Sulli glanced at Chanyeol and pouted.

“Good news, I miss you more when I don’t have the picture with me” Chanyeol continued, making Sulli feeling giddy and punching his arm. Chanyeol pretended to felt hurt, making Sulli wanted to hit him more. Sulli bit her lower lips, she’s actually couldn’t stop smiling when she heard Chanyeol said that, especially with his voice. She had been longing to hear his voice again for the past several weeks.

“So, are you already adjusted to the city?” Chanyeol asked as both of them started walking leaving the park.

“Hmm, it’s hard sometimes. I don’t know the time and sometimes got confused whether I live today or yesterday…” Sulli took her tongue out.

“You’ll get used to it less than a month. How about the college orientation? Getting to know the campus better now?” he asked again, looking at her while she walked besides him.

“Yep, I love it! We will visit the school museum tomorrow. You know, they have special exhibition once a month there. Oh, and the painting studio! I couldn’t wait to start painting there. This is so excited, Oppa!” she talked while catching Chanyeol’s steps.

Chanyeol smirked at Sulli. “Calm down… You’re still freshmen here; get to know the college slowly one by one. They won’t running somewhere, you silly”

“I know. I was just being excited… Hey, where are we heading too?” Sulli asked since Chanyeol kept walking to the direction Sulli never passed before. She looked around the place.

“I’ll take you to a special orientation” he looked at her, smiling.

“Special orientation?”Sulli asked him back in confused.

Chanyeol nodded and once again smiled widely.

“Special orientation for Choi Jinri: Places Park Chanyeol always visit in New York”

Sulli chuckled at what her boyfriend said. “Really? You’re just made it up, right?”

“Just follow me” Chanyeol said while winking his eyes to Sulli.                 

Sulli smiled without Chanyeol noticing. She slowly touched Chanyeol’s left fingers, making him intertwining their fingers together. Chanyeol smiled as wide as he could, he missed her so much that he’s being excited to spend their first meeting today. He didn’t care whether people thought he’s creepy or lunatic for keep smiling widely like he did; all he knew was he was at his happiest state that day, having a walk with his girlfriend.

“Okay, so where’s the first place we’re going to visit?”

 

END

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Finished!

And I felt sad to end it.. Haha I don't know why...

Hope you guys enjoy it <3

See you again on other stories... ;)