Reconciliation

Summer Trip

SULLI’S POV

Teaching Kris oppa about Korean culture was so much fun! He’s a fast learner and even though his pronunciation still sounds weird, at least he tried his best to speak Korean every time he could. Kris oppa was really talkative when we’re on the market this morning. He couldn’t stop asking a lot of foods name there. He was more attentive compared to that guy who was busy playing with the straw on the latte cup in his hands. He seemed to talk about something with Baekhyun oppa. He pouted; was he tried to look cute? Gosh…

After we’re done having lunch at the café, we’re moving to the park near our school. Kris oppa wanted to play basketball with Chanyeol oppa and Baekhyun oppa. I met several of my school friends there too. Jongin and Jongdae oppa were also there, they joined the basketball game. It’s such a habit for us to hang out there. We used to spend a lot of our time there; playing some games or just doing homework at the bench. I missed my high school times already, although I was just graduated several months ago. I texted Krystal and Jiyeon, but too bad they couldn’t come along since they’re taking an afternoon class for college preparation.

I took out my camera and took several pictures of the boys. God, Kris oppa was really handsome, not only in real life but also in the camera. The first time I met him, I thought he’s a very cold person. Turned out, Kris oppa was a very warm guy. I pointed my camera to him again, tried to take his picture. Kris oppa looked at me and waved, smiling widely. Jongdae took it as a chance to take the ball from Kris oppa and scored a point. The boys were laughing at Jongin’s act and pitied Kris oppa. Kris oppa only clapped at Jongin and continued the game.

I guess the camera like Kris oppa a lot. All of his pictures were great and flawless. No wonder Jiyeon couldn’t stop talking about him. Ever since she met Kris oppa at my home, she became a lot calm and filled with manner, just to catch Kris oppa’s attention. Jiyeon also couldn’t stop bothering Chanyeol oppa with a lot of questions about Kris oppa. I believe Chanyeol oppa didn’t want to answer because he’s jealous. Jiyeon used to ship him a lot, but now she only asked about Kris oppa. Hahahaha… But I guess Kris oppa didn’t put any interest on Jiyeon.

I saw Sehun across the park, but I guess he’s busy dating with a girl there … err, what?! Was that Jiyoung? Oh hell, she should stop dating playboy… Wouldn’t it be weird if she met Chanyeol oppa? I mean, she used to date Chanyeol oppa and now she dated Sehun? Weren’t Chanyeol oppa and Sehun quite close to each other? I looked away from Sehun and tried to find Chanyeol oppa, it’d be better if they didn’t meet. I’ve just realized that Chanyeol oppa was not there at the park. Where and when did he go?

I looked around, but I couldn’t find him. It should be easy to find him, since he’s tall and his hair today was quite messy, forming a bird nest style, which can be identified from far. I stood up from my seat, looking around the park but there’s no sight of him. The boys also seemed unaware with Chanyeol oppa’s absence.

“Looking for me?” a deep voice sounded from the left side of my seat.

Chanyeol oppa was standing there while fleshing his teeth, with both of his hands held a cone of ice cream. I didn’t answer him; I just looked back at the camera. He sat next to me and relaxed his body. He sweated a lot that his hair became wet. I didn’t know why but I felt nervous. Urgh, come on… How many times I’ve been sitting next to him like this but why should I felt really nervous right now? There’s an awkward silence between us.

“I’m sorry…” he said as he offered the strawberry ice cream to me.

I looked at him in confusion. He gave the ice cream by taking my hand and put the ice cream there.

“Why are you apologizing?”

“Because I did a bad thing to you” he answered while looking down to his shoe.

“Bad thing? Like what?”

“Like… yelling at you. I’m sorry, Sulli. But please don’t ask why I had done that thing… I mean, the “thing” that happened several days ago…” He kept looking down avoiding my eyes, like a little boy that was being scolded by its mother. I dislike arguing with him too…

He looked like a puppy while he did that. I couldn’t help but smiling. He’s indeed looked really cute like that. Sometimes he looked at me, afraid that I would hit him. He’s soooo annoying yet cute. I slowly break a laugh while looking at him. He looked back at me with a confused facial expression.

“Ya, Choi Jinri. I was apologizing to you. Why are you laughing? Do you think that’s funny?” he pouted while talking to me.

“I forgive you, Oppa.  It’s just… we-were you afraid of me? Why you acted like a little boy who was scolded? Hahaha” I laughed again. He was still pouting but not long after that, his pout turned to smile, the infamous Park Chanyeol’s wide smile.

“We’re not good at fighting, you know…” I added. Judging on how bad both of us managed to ignore each other when we’re fighting, it’s clearly that I could never win a fight with him. The fight between us never lasted long. Chanyeol oppa nodded at my words.

“Your eyes are lost again…” he pointed at my eyes which apparently were in the “eye-smile” mode. We’re just looking at each other and laughed. I missed this… I used to do this kind of things with him. Back in our childhood, we were playing together and laughed really hard, until one of us started to use violence and compete with each other. And someone’s crying, and that’s usually me. End of the game.

While I laughed I saw Chanyeol oppa looked at me again and said something while eating his ice cream. I tried to digest what he said and asked him again.

“What did you say, Oppa?”

“You didn’t hear it?” he asked me back.

I shook my head while eating the strawberry ice cream. He smirked while eating his ice cream.

“Nothing…”

I frowned at him. I knew he wanted me to beg him to spill what he said, but no… I won’t follow his game, so I just continued eating my ice cream, ignoring him. He looked at me again while eating his ice cream.

“I miss you” he said as he stood up and ran to the park again, joined Kris oppa and Baekhyun oppa who were still playing basketball seriously.

I blinked both of my eyes several times. What did he say? Please tell me if I’m wrong, but he did say he missed me, right? Ugh… Why he had to act that cool? You didn’t say you miss someone and just go away like that… Keep calm, Sulli. Calm. Calm. Calm. But I couldn’t!

How to explain it… It’s just like there’s a firework party in my heart. I really wanted to jump and yell when he said he missed me. Park Chanyeol missed Choi Jinri.  Wasn’t it really great to be true? I touched both of my cheeks and pinched it quite hard. It felt hurt. I wasn’t being delusional then.  I glanced at the boys in the park, they’re still playing basketball. Chanyeol oppa was hyped and concentrated on the game. I bit my lower lip, holding my uncontrollable smile.

Ah! I should texted Donghae oppa!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sulli!”

Someone screamed my name at the entrance of the café. I quickly realized that it was Suzy’s voice. She ran to me and both of us were hugging each other when we met.

“I miss you so much!!” she said once we sat. As always she ordered big size strawberry milk. She has a serious love with strawberry milk to be honest.

“How are you?” I asked her. Suzy was really adorable with her bright look and long dark hair. Without us realizing, both of us actually wore a similar clothes. We wore a jumpsuit with a long outer and our hair were wavy, making people looked and thought that we’re twins.

Suzy and I once was a schoolmate. When we’re at the second year of junior high school, she and her family moved to Taiwan. At that time, both of us couldn’t stop crying at the airport, bidding a goodbye. We never stopped contacting each other until now… She finally came back to Korea and will continue college here.

We were talking about each other’s life in Seoul and Taipei, when suddenly she clapped her hand really loud, surprising me.

“Ya, Sulli! Where’s Chanyeol oppa?” Suzy suddenly asked me.

“Eh? Chanyeol oppa? Why suddenly you asked about him?”

She smirked cutely. “Has he confessed to you?”

I blinked in surprise.

“Ya! What are you talking about?”

“Chanyeol oppa didn’t say anything to you? He didn’t ask you to go out?” Suzy kept asking me.

I shook my head. “Why you were asking that thing? Why on earth he’d ask me to go out? He has a lot of girls waiting to be asked for a date”

“Including you…” Suzy added. I glared at her, she just ignored my glare. “Seriously, how long are you going to hide your feeling for him, Sulli?”

“I threw it a long time ago”

“Liar”

“Whatever.” I ignored her judging look.

“I just thought that…maybe, maybe both of you might work. Maybe you should try to confess to him, Princess” Suzy copied Siwon oppa style when he gave me an advice. Suzy laughed at her own words and I laughed at her too. We giggled on the sofa and even tried to take a selca too. Suddenly I remembered when Chanyeol oppa said that he missed me. I thought I need to tell her about it.

“Erm… Suzy… You know, I met him two days ago…” I cleared my throat before continuing.

Suzy was still concentrating on her camera. “Hmm, you meet who?”

I was about to mention Chanyeol oppa’s name when I saw him across the street. As always, he looked really cool. He wore a jeans and a pair of boots with a dark grey loose shirt tucked on his jeans. He also brought along his baseball jacket. He looked around the street, I believe if I texted him he could be in this cafe less than 5 minutes. I smiled at my thought and took my phone. But before I could texted him, I saw him with someone. It’s not Kris oppa.

It’s a she. I couldn’t recognize her because she faced Chanyeol oppa, so all I could see was Chanyeol oppa only. They’re not walking, seemed like they’re waiting for a taxi and chatted there. I saw Chanyeol oppa laughed several times. Hmm… Whom was he talking to?

I recognized Chanyeol oppa’s family car came closer to them and stopped there. Chanyeol oppa opened the door and let her get in first. He didn’t look awkward with her, it seemed like she’s his acquaintance. Before she’s getting in to the car, she took her bag and faced at my direction. I could clearly see her.

It’s Ahn Sohee.

I felt my heart beat faster than before. Sohee unnie was coming back again. Was she just came and directly met Chanyeol oppa? I thought they were —

“Sulli?”

“Ye-yes?” I looked at Suzy who was being confused.

“Is there anything wrong?” she asked me.

I quickly shook my head. “No-nothing”

“Why were you stopping your story? Whom did you meet with?” she asked again.

To be honest, I couldn’t digest what she said to me. Seemed like I lost my mind and just couldn’t do the right thing. I could only sigh and faked a smile.

“I met Jongin yesterday”

“Really? I think I want to meet him too. Let’s ask him to go out with us today! Oh, I will ask Sehun also!” Suzy happily texted Jongin and Sehun. Thank God she didn’t realize that I’ve just saw Chanyeol oppa with Sohee unnie.

I looked back at the cross of the café. The car was already gone.

I felt déjà vu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


a sleepy update.

pardon my story.

will have time to re-edit it hehehehe :3

how are yo guys? ;)