A Shared First Love

Summer Trip

SULLI'S POV

As a sophomore in Junior High School, I was a very boring person to be with. I didn’t know what my talent is, so when I need to choose school club I preferred to join The Bookworm Club. From the name you could tell that this club related with book. And by the mean of it, I worked part time as a librarian. We held activities like book reading, story telling, or giving book for charity. In short: a boring nerd life.

I didn’t have confidence like Jiyeon and Krystal who joined the cheerleader team, or ability to dance well like Jongin to join the dance club. So yeah, I enjoyed my free time as librarian there. I felt save inside the library, surrounded by books. The funny (or weird) thing was the library was next to the practice room for the Senior High School band. Since the Junior High and Senior High School were mixed, several rooms for the Junior High sometimes located near the Senior High’s. And as you can guess, it’s Chanyeol oppa’s band that practice a lot there.

When we’re having a break, Chanyeol oppa usually came to the library and created a mess. I didn’t know why he “loved” to hang around at the library while his favorite book was comic books. Sometimes I spotted him sleeping in the library after the second recess time. He said he fell asleep but somehow his sleeping time always ended up when I was done with my shift in the library.

I met Sohee unnie at the library. She’s the member of the book club for the Senior High School. We often had the same shift. As a person with bubbly personality as her, I found it weird to see her joining the book club. She’s a popular girl in the school, even Jongin who were a sophomore in Junior High, adored her so much.

“I dislike crowded place” she said to me when we talked in the library one day, she helped me categorized several books that had just been arrived from the book store. “Believe it or not, I am awkward with people, Jinri. I don’t know what to do when I was in a crowded place, so I like a quite place. Just like the library…”

It was so easy to get close to Sohee unnie, since she has a lot similarity with me. Both of us have a long wavy hair and when we smile, our eyes were lost. The “eyes smiles sisters” was the name given by Mrs. Park, the librarian in our school, to both of us.  Sohee unnie and I became really close like sisters. At the time when I didn’t go with Krystal and Jiyeon, I would be found hanging out with Sohee unnie. Sometimes she came to my house, just to watch some movie together. Since the only unnie I have was Sooyoung unnie, I felt glad I have another unnie to hang out with.

I remembered one day we hang out, Sohee unnie looked surprised when she saw me in the park with Chanyeol oppa. Since Sohee unnie was a transferred student, she didn’t know that I was Chanyeol oppa’s neighbor and we lived close to each other. I heard that Sohee unnie was being teased by her friends, she kept being match-made with Chanyeol oppa. Chanyeol oppa and Sohee unnie was a famous student back then and seemed like they looked good together. But since Chanyeol oppa was a playful person, Sohee unnie didn’t care much about what her friends did. I once believed that Chanyeol oppa might like Sohee unnie, because… who won’t? She’s a very cute girl and she’s so kind too. Even Heechul oppa who’s already in the college likes her. See, she’s so perfect right? But Chanyeol oppa said he didn’t interested in dating at that time… (An answer that made my heart felt at ease :p)

 

“Jinri, do you have a first love?”

I almost choked the ice cream that I ate when I heard Sohee unnie’s question.

“Yes? First love?” I asked her back. She nodded cutely.

“You know, the guy you’ve fallen in love for the first time… You must have it, right?”

Well… of course I have it. When I heard “first love”, I immediately remembered a tall boy with big round eyes (right eye bigger than the left one) who always love to make a derp face, especially fleshing his teeth. Yes, he’s my first love. How come…

“Why are you suddenly ask about first love Unnie? Do you have one?“

Her cheeks became red, blushing. Even as a girl I though Sohee unnie was such a cute girl.

“Whoaa… really? Who is he? Is he handsome?” I asked her with excitement.

“Ya.. you don’t always love a guy who is handsome,  Jinri.. hahaha.. When you fell in love, you’re just…fall…” Sohee unnie looked at the sky and smiled widely.

“Unnie, did he asked you to be his girlfriend?”

She shook her head and frown a bit. “Probably…not yet? Hehehe.. He asked me to watch a movie with him this weekend…”

“It’s a date Unnie! Wohooo.. you’re having a date! Are you just going with him? How did he ask you out?”

God, this is so interesting! For I was a newbie in dating world, hearing a story about dating process already excite me.

Sohee unnie nodded again. “Hahaha I felt ashamed when he asked me this morning. You know he suddenly came to my seat and asked if I’m free this weekend. I said yes and he told me to go to the cinema. Jinri, I’m so happy!”

“Wait. He asked you out when you’re in the class? Is he someone from our school?”

Who’s that lucky guy to get a date with Sohee unnie?

“Well, Yes. Jinri, don’t be shock, okay? But… Park Chanyeol asked me out to the cinema !!!” Sohee unnie spoke as she palmed her face.

I froze when I heard her words.

Sohee unnie’s first love was Park Chanyeol. Yeah, that Park Chanyeol, the one who was my first love too. I knew he’s a guy who found it easy to get a girlfriend, but… Sohee unnie? Since when…

I knew everyone must have first love in their life. It’s just I didn’t realize that my first love could be also someone’s first love.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANYEOL’S POV

When I came to her house this evening, Sulli was stoned in the couch. She faced the TV, looked uninterested with any show that appeared on the television. She kept changing the TV program with the remote controller. I watched her from the front door without her realized my presence. Sulli wore a short and loose t-shirt; her hair was creating a cute bun. She also wore her favorite slippers, the one with cow’s head. She pouted and in minutes, turned out she’s mumbling. It seemed like she’s thinking about something.

“What are you talking about?” I said as I sat on the couch, joining her.

“AAAAA !” she screamed really loud while standing from her seat, I swore it could be heard by the other neighbors. “AH OPPA! WHY DID YOU SCARE ME?”

I looked her back in shocked. “Aren’t you the one who screamed and shocked me? What’s with the scream?”

“Sulli! What is it?! Why are you screaming?” Sulli’s mother came from the kitchen; she wore the apron while taking the frying pan to the living room. She looked horrible, with a messy hair and dirt in her apron. Sulli’s mother usually looked all grand; neat and clean from head to toe. Gumo totally looked different today; well she’s just looked like my mom when she’s having her PMS.

“Oh, Chanyeol! When did you come?” she asked me, changing her tone.

“Just arrived, Gumo. I bring some cake for you, I put it on the table there” I said as I bowed to her.

Gumo smiled and looked at the table where I put the cakes.

“Thank you, Chanyeol. Please be sure to have dinner here, Kiddo! And you Sulli, could you give me a hand in the kitchen, Honey?” she said as she moved back to the kitchen.

Sulli nodded and stood up from the couch.

“Wow, how come my mom forget why I screamed when she saw you?” she complained while walking.

“She’s just love me too much. Ya, where are you going?” I said as I leaned on the couch.

“Didn’t you hear? Mom asked me to help her”

“You? Kitchen?” I . I didn’t know why I love to this much. Her responds to my tease were always amused me.

“When I’m done with my cook, don’t eat it. Don’t ever dream to eat it” she left me in the living room.

I chuckled and sat on the couch again. Kris was going with Luhan and his other Chinese friend, while Jongdae was out of town. Jongin hung around with Sehun, to play some games but somehow I didn’t want to join. I accidentally met Jiyoung on my way back from Hongdae. Turned out she dated Sehun now… Well, they made a cute couple actually. And since I got nothing to do, I just went where my feet take me too. Here I am, ended up at the Choi’s house.

Siwon hyung were on a business trip with uncle Choi, so there’re only Sulli and her mom at the house. I took the remote controller to change the TV channel, but my fingers accidentally took a note book in the couch. Looking from the cover of the notebook, a flashy shocking pink color, I believed it was Sulli’s. It was opened at the last page.

Ask Chanyeol oppa

I looked at the note again. Ask me? Ask me what? Did Sulli have any question for me?

“Chanyeol, Honey, could you help me to give back the steamer to Mrs. Oh? I’m sorry to bother you, but there’s no one to help me deliver it” Gumo sound made me looked away from the notebook.

“Sure, Gumo” I quickly nodded and helped her bring the steamer. I need to interview Sulli after this ;)

 

When we’re done with dinner, Gumo went back to the kitchen to cut some fresh fruit for me and Sulli. Since Mrs. Lee, the housemaid, was absent Gumo need to do the household alone. I helped her washed the dish, while Sulli cleaned up the table. When the core was finally done, we moved to the swimming pool while enjoying the summer night. It’s pretty calm here.

“Here, some strawberries” Sulli put a plate filled with fresh strawberries, creating a space between me and her. Both of us steep our feet in the swimming pool.

“Oh, it’s cold!” Sulli closed her eyes while she ate a big strawberry. I pinched her cheeks while she doing that. How come her cheeks stayed the same like when we were a kid?

“Ya, do you have any question for me?” I asked her right away.

She looked confused with my question. “Question? What question?”

“Any question. You can ask me anything you want”

She chuckled and shook her head. She sighed and then closed her eyes again.

“Ya, don’t sleep here” I playfully punched her shoulder.

“Why? It’s my home. I can sleep anywhere”

“Who will bring you to your room? There’s no Siwon hyung or your father to pick you. With those heavy legs… Ckckck”

“None of your business, Oppa. Why don’t you go home?”

“It’s quite there. I don’t like quite place” I answered with heavy sigh. I could sense she looked at me now.

“Are you sure you don’t have anything to ask to me?” I asked her again. She shook her head. “Well then, I have to ask you. What are you doing tomorrow?” I continued.

“I’m having an English class. Why?”

“Do you have any movie reference to watch?”

“Hmm…What do you want to watch?”

“Well I —“. I stopped suddenly, my phone was ringing. I made a “time out” sign with my hands and took the call. It was Sohee.

“Hi Sohee. What’s up?”

“Hi, what are you doing now?” she asked.

“Just hang around at the Choi’s. Why? Is there any problem?”

“No, I just want to remind you to come up to the K cinema tomorrow”

“Of course, I’ll come. What time will we meet?”

“Around 2 PM? How about that?”

“Hmm.. Okay then. Let’s meet tomorrow at the cinema, okay? Or do you want me to pick you up?”

“No, let’s  just meet there. Okay, Bye, Chanyeol!”

She hung up the phone. I looked at the calendar in my phone and created an alarm.

“Is it… Sohee unnie?” asked Sulli when I’m done with the alarm.

“Uh? Yes.. She’s just came from New York, having a holiday here…” I answered while texted my driver Sohee’s address. She might not know how to get to the cinema from her apartment. It’s better if my driver could send her anywhere during her stay here.

“Are you…going to watch a movie?” Sulli asked while took another strawberry on the plate.

I nodded. “Yes, I’m going to watch a movie tomorrow. Hmm, anyway… Is there any good movie lately? What do we have on the cinema?”

She suddenly yawned.  

“I don’t know. I’m sleepy. Goodnight, Oppa” she stood up and walked inside the house, leaving me alone in the backyard.

“Ya, Choi Jinri! Are you just going to left me like this?”

She walked straight inside and waved her hand. I chuckled at the sight of her. She’s always like this. I took the plate of strawberries with me and followed her.

Eh, wait. How come she knew Sohee was here? Sohee had just arrived this morning and I didn’t think she contacted anyone here… Ah well, whatever.

“Hey, Baby Choi! Wait for me!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SULLI’S POV

Call me crazy call me blind but yeah… I was crazy for being in the K cinema at the moment. My English tutorial had just finished at 1. 30 PM and I couldn’t resist my curiosity to come to the cinema. It’s just 10 minutes away from my course place. I couldn’t sleep last night, because I was so curious. At least, if Chanyeol oppa and Sohee unnie were really dating, I knew it by myself not by hearing it from other. Yeah, that’s enough.

I felt so bad to myself, how come the same thing happened twice in my life.

When Sohee unnie was watching a movie with Chanyeol oppa back in their senior high school time, I was almost coming to the cinema too. But looking at them meeting each other in front of the café where they promised to meet already made me sad. So that day, I came back home crying loud in my room. My mom and Sooyoung unnie believed my story that I cried because I remembered my dead dog.  I cried really hard that when I woke up the next day I realized that my chest was really hurt. From that moment, I was always violent to Chanyeol oppa. I even slowly reduced my shift time as librarian to avoid Sohee unnie. I was really childish back then.

But I didn’t see any difference right now.

I wore a black sunglass in order to protect my face. Thank God Sooyoung unnie left her aviator glasses at my bag when we went to the beach last week so I could use it now to hide.  Jiyeon was here with me. Even though she’s a crazy , she always made it to be the best friend in need. Both of us wore the black sunglass and looked around. The cinema was quiet crowded, there’s a group of student who held a gathering there. So far, I didn’t spot any sign of Chanyeol oppa or Sohee unnie.

“Ya, Sulli. Are you sure they meet here? It’s almost 2 PM..” Jiyeon asked me while looked around once more. We waited near the toilet.

“Should we move separately?” Jiyeon asked me again. “We can contact each other when we saw one of them, right?”

“Are you sure?” I asked here, bit my bottom lips. “Jiyeon… I think we should just go back. I don’t think I’m ready to see them…”

“Well just made this moment as a turning point. If they’re really together then forget him, move on Sulli! But if they’re not together, then take it as a chance from God to fight for your love!”

“You’re watching too much drama, Jiyeon…”

She chuckled. “Tsk tsk tsk… You’re looked more and more like Chanyeol oppa. Since when were you as synical as him?”

I bit my lips again.

“Just do it, Sulli. I’ll go around the cinema’s lobby, probably they’re there. Fighting! ”Jiyeon cheered me up and moved to the hallway next to the popcorn stall. I looked at her and suddenly I saw a sight of Sohee unnie at the corner of the hallway where Jiyeon was going to. Her hair was pulled to the back, creating a cute bun. She brought popcorn and looked around while eating it. It seemed like she’s waiting for someone.

Oh God, I think it’s true. She’s going to meet Chanyeol oppa.

It’s better for me to go back. I didn’t think I could handle the same feeling twice. Broken heart. Two times, with the same guy. How pathetic…

I took my phone and about to texted Jiyeon but as soon as I turned around, I suddenly hit someone and accidentally hugging his waist. Oh no, not again… It’s just the same like when I was hugging Kris oppa!

I stepped back and bowed several times to the person. But when I looked up, it’s none than Chanyeol oppa, who smirk annoyingly at me.

“Ya, enjoyed hugging me, Choi Jinri?” he said, as soon as I stopped bowing.

Oh no... He’s here. Damn it. He would take me to meet Sohee unnie and I would have to put a poker face in front of them. NOOO!

“What are you doing here? Having a free time? Eh… what’s with the black sunglass? It’s indoor, you stupid” he took the glasses from me and put it on my bag.

“I just… looking around. Th-the English course place was located near here… And what are you doing here?”

“Shopping groceries. Of course I want to watch a movie” he cynically answered me. “Come here. Let’s choose the movie” he grabbed my shoulder and took me to the ticket counter.

“Hello. What do you want to watch?” the worker greeted us and gave several movie references.

“Hmm..what’s a nice movie to watch by a couple?” Chanyeol oppa asked.

I looked at him with a despise look. How come he asked me to accompany him choose the movie that he’ll watch with Sohee unnie? This is too much.

“How about Titanic 3D? I think both of you haven’t watched it when it’s first aired…”

I gave “oh-please” look to the worker.

Chanyeol oppa was in his hyped mood. He rolled his eyes while thinking with his mouth opened. Oh how annoying… But the girl workers there enjoyed it, seemed like they set their eyes to Chanyeol oppa. Oh my life…

“Well okay. I’ll take two tickets. When is the show time?”

“In 10 minutes. You better buy the snack now…” the workers smiled when pointing to the snack corner.

When he’s done paying for the tickets, Chanyeol oppa went to buy popcorn and coke. He bought the big one and ordered a couple coke with two straws. Pathetic Sulli, you’re so pathetic. You accompanied your (ex) first love for his movie date. Smart.

Chanyeol oppa back with the popcorn and coke. He fleshing his teeth again, his habit when he’s happy. Were you that happy to watch a movie with Sohee unnie?

“Should we get in now?” he asked me.

“What ‘we’? I’m not watching…” I answered hesitantly. Just go home, Sulli!

“What are you talking about?”

“I’ll just go home. Have fun, Oppa” I walked back. He looked me in confused. His rabbit eyes, as always, squinted.

“Are you kidding me? You’re not going anywhere but watching the movie with me. Let’s go” he used his free hands to take my hand and go to the cinema.

What was it? Wasn’t he supposed to watch with Sohee unnie?

“Eh?”

“Let’s have a movie date, Sulli” Chanyeol oppa said while smiling cutely. I followed him inside the studio with his hand holding my palm. I was still confused. How about Sohee unnie?

Was I dreaming?

­----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A movie date!

Hahaha writing this part because... I've just had a movie date <3

Hmm, do you enjoy this part? Let me know huys ! ;)