Assumption

Summer Trip

Chanyeol’s POV

As someone who usually had a problem with waking up in the morning, I amazingly awake since 3 AM this morning and found it hard to close my eyes just to sleep. I looked at my bed-side desk, the table clock showed the time: 7 AM. I haven’t slept since yesterday then.  I rolled to the right side my bed and found Baekhyun fell deeply in his sleep. He looked sloppy in his pajamas; his mouth opened a bit but somehow he still managed to get his hair perfectly done. Mr. Diva…

I jokingly hit his leg; well, those “short” legs… He frowned, spoke gibberish, and rolled to the corner of my bed. Thank you my beloved mother, you managed to set a king-size bed for me. I moved to the left side of my bed and hugged the pillow. I still couldn’t sleep. Well, I’m not trying tough… I took my phone, there’s nothing except an email from Yoochun hyung. He said he miss me, bull. He probably just wanted to know how Sooyoung noona doing… but, urgh.. I miss him though. I need his advice at a time like this…

Yesterday, I was wasted.

I remembered we had pasta for dinner, Kris’ choice, of course. He treated us to a nice Italian restaurant. By the word of “us”, it means: me, Baekhyun, and Luhan. Why Baekhyun? ‘Cause it felt a bit awkward to eat just with Kris and his Chinese friend, Luhan… So I invited Baekhyun, who seemed to have nothing to do but hang out with me in this summer.

During our meal time, lots of girls looked at our table; mainly because of Kris. I meant, he’s Kris… Kris the Greece God; his nickname at our university.  But as all we know, Kris just stayed still not realized that those girls were going crazy over him. Baekhyun still thought that those girls were looking at him, just because he changed his hairstyle today. And Luhan… he started to think that what the talent searcher said at Myeongdong today was right: that he meant to be an artist or actor. Why couldn’t normal people stayed around me?

I continued to eat my dinner when Luhan started to sound like a person with breathing problem. I immediately thought he had asthma and were ready to call the waiter for help. Turned out, he did that because he saw the most beautiful Korean girl ever (in his bamby eyes, of course). The three of us looked at Luhan’s eye direction. It was Nana, one of the famous girls from Seoul High; alumnus actually, she’s on the same age with Kris and Luhan. I knew her from Sehun, our famous playboy maknae. Well, she looked great tonight.

She was on the table with another girl, and yes that another girl was pretty too. Her name was Yoojin, but since she’s debuted as runway model, people called her UEE. What a weird name… She had slightly the same typical eye with me: the rabbit eyes. UEE seemed to be ignorant; they were waiting for someone to come. Luhan couldn’t stop staring at Nana, seemed like he just had love at the first sight. Kris was forever cold and flat, happily eating his dinner. Baekhyun and I continued eating, ignoring Luhan who suddenly talked in Chinese, which I didn’t understand. It’s either cursing or praising Nana, I bet.

When I about to ask for the bill to the waiter, I saw someone familiar getting in to the restaurant. It’s Chansung hyung. He walked with a bouquet of flowers, red roses for sure. He went straightly to the corner of the restaurant and found Nana and her friend there. My eyes widened when I saw him directly kiss UEE on the cheek and gave her the bouquet. What was that? Wasn’t he like Sulli?

“Why is he with that girl?” I asked Baekhyun while pointing my chin to Changsung hyung’s direction. Baekhyun looked around, shrugged his shoulder, and continued eating.

“Wasn’t he like Sulli?” I asked him again.  

“Sohee?” Luhan interrupted unimportantly. I glared at Luhan. He smiled awkwardly, looked away, and continued to adore Nana from his seat. I could see Kris felt crazy over his friend now.

“I don’t know. Maybe?”

“Oh, come on Baekhyun! How could you be ignorant like that? Sulli hang out a lot with him… What if she was deceived by him? See, the first time I saw him, I knew he must be a playboy! There’s no way Sulli could date with him! No way!”

Baekhyun coldly looked back at me.

“Ya, relax. What’s with all the fuss? Who are you? You’re not Siwon hyung who could tell her what to do, you stupid…” he answered with such an annoying tone. Typical Baekhyun. “He got a nice girlfriend, should learn from him, I guess”

I sighed. “Well, I’m her friend. Couldn’t someone suggest something nice to a friend?” I answered sloppily. I should protect Sulli no matter what.

“Aren’t you the playboy? Why so sudden…” Baekhyun replied me.

I shook my head. “No, no. There’s no way she will date this kind of guy”

 

I was in the restroom when Chansung hyung got in. While I washed my hand, he realized my presence.

“Oh, Sulli’s friend! How are you?” he smiled widely.

What? Sulli’s friend? Was it his revenge for our last meeting? Well, I remembered I ignored him when he wanted to shook his hand with me. But… Sulli’s friend? Come on…

“Eating with your friends?” he asked nicely. Was he pretending to be a good person in front of me? Put off your mask, Dude!

“Well, yeah. Seems like you’re eating with your girlfriend?” I sneakily put the bait. Eat it, Hyung!

He nodded. “Yep, small birthday dinner. I got her really mad, before she finally realized that I was put a prank on her… Girls…” He smirked after saying it. He dried his hands using the hand-drier calmly.

Sulli, were you blind? How on Earth you told Baekhyun that you wanted to date this guy? I shook my head, I need to this conversation in clear head.  

“Aren’t you…close with Sulli?” I asked him. The voice of me… It didn’t sound like the usual Park Chanyeol. I didn’t think I have being this cold to someone… 

He looked at me in surprise and blinked. “Well, yeah. She helped me a lot in the musical… She also was a nice listener…I think I was quite close with her”

Listener? You dared to say Sulli was a nice listener while she likes you? Oh God!

“Last winter… I was having a rough fight with Yoojin. Sulli helped me though; she arranged a meeting at the ice skate ring. I thought I might broke up with Yoojin if Sulli hadn’t helped us” Chansung hyung talked while looking at the ceiling, memorizing. “I couldn’t stop thanking her. Yoojin even personally said thanks to her, she used to angry at Sulli…but then, she understand her mistake and apologize to Sulli”

Chansung hyung looked back at me and smiled. “She’s nice, isn’t she?”

I was taken aback. So… Chansung hyung didn’t like Sulli? But didn’t Baekhyun say that he wanted to date Sulli and that— I put my hand on my face. Byun Baekhyun… he must’ve been lying again. I need to give him a lesson, a hard one.

“Wait a minute…” Chansung hyung suddenly realized something. “Were you perhaps… Sulli’s friend who’s studying in America?”

I nodded and looked at him confusedly. I didn’t recall that I’ve mentioned about my academic history to him when we met several weeks ago.

He smiled mischievously and suddenly patted my shoulder. “Open your eyes wider. Good luck!” he said as he winked and left me clueless at the restroom. Wasn’t I already had a big eye? Well, whatever… at least I was glad that Chansung hyung didn’t like Sulli. That’s enough to make me smile widely, really wide just like now…

 

“Stop that creepy smile. You scared me” Baekhyun’s hoarse voice was heard as soon as he woke up. Even when he’s not fully awake yet, the first thing he did was touched up his hair. He slowly positioned himself at the bed, leaning on the head of my bed, sitting next to me.

I punched his arm jokingly. I felt like nagging him but… my mood was great, so I chose to be playful with him. He pouted and then slowly closing his eyes again. He must be feeling really tired. We went to karaoke room and played billiard when we’re done with our dinner and after that, Luhan who seemed to consume too much glucose, suddenly became hyper and asked for a Wii battle. Those two were playing the game till dropped, while Kris was already fallen asleep. It was already around 2 AM when both of the, started to sleep in the living room. I managed to take Luhan to Kris’ room and Baekhyun to mine, but I couldn’t sleep myself.

“Were you that happy?” Baekhyun asked. His eyes were still closed. He breathed calmly.

I looked at him, still smiling.

“Hmm?”

“You seemed to be happy when you know that Chansung hyung didn’t like Sulli actually… Am I right?”

“Well… At least, Sulli wasn’t played by that hyung…”

Baekhyun chuckled. “But you don’t know Sulli’s heart, right?”

I frowned a bit and moved my head slightly to Baekhyun’s direction. He’s still closing his eyes. “What do you mean by that?”

“Chansung hyung didn’t like her but… how about her? What if she likes him, forgetting the fact that he’s already has a girlfriend?”

“Wh-what? Sulli likes him? I know sometimes she’s silly, but I don’t think she’s that stupid. Why would she like a man who has a girlfriend already?”

“Dude, have you ever been in love?” Baekhyun asked me, finally opening his eyes. “Have you ever been in love?” he asked me again.

“Well… I guess I have…”

“People who are in love tend to act stupid and out of their mind. That’s why people said love is blind. Sometimes, you would go as far as keep being available at anytime for the one you like, even he or she already has their boyfriend or girlfriend. They said that was the power of love”

“And I said that was stupid”

Baekhyun shook his head and smirked. “Ya, just ask her”

I looked at Baekhyun. “Asked her what?”

“Ask her, who is the guy she likes… And then tell her, how much you love her!” Baekhyun managed to stand up from my bed before finishing his last sentence. My leg almost kicked his; he just stood up in the perfect time. What was he talking about? I like Sulli? Huh.

“Pancake, anyone?” Kris suddenly appeared in my room with his trouser and shirt on.

“I’m in!” Baekhyun waved his hands to me and left downstair.

I leaned my head to the board of my bed, hugging the pillow again.

“Aren’t you going to have breakfast?” Kris asked while crossing his hands.

“Later…I’m not really hungry…You can go ahead” I answered, started to close my eyes. I slowly felt sleepy.

“Okay, I’ll keep some for you. You better get some rest…”

“I think I’ll sleep now…” I said lazily. Kris nodded and walked to the door. Before he left, he turned back and looked at me.

“What Baekhyun said is true though. Tell her Chanyeol, how much you like her…” he said as he smiled and winked, leaving me alone in my bed room.

Am I…like Sulli?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulli’s POV

I was done packing my bag for the trip today. Krystal, Suzy, Jongin, Sehun, Jiyeon, and I planned to have some fun at the amusement park. It was Suzy and Krystal idea actually. We haven’t gone somewhere together during this busy summer. We promised to meet at Krystal home, where her driver will took us to the amusement part.

I rechecked my bag again. I ensured that all snacks were already included in my bag. I brushed my hair once again, fixing the pony tail and then checking on my shoes. I wore a short pink jumpsuit with floral motive and kept fixing it for every 5 minutes. I couldn’t stop doing thing.

Siwon oppa, who’s walking downstairs, looked at me with such a teasing smile. “My princess looks very beautiful today” he said as he kissed my cheek, his habit. And my dad’s habit too. “Are you going to meet your boyfriend in the amusement park?”

My eyes widened when I heard his question. “Boyfriend what…” I answered while pouting.

“Seriously, you looked more like a girl who wants to have a date rather than going to amusement park with your friends” he said while looking at my clothes. He pinched my cheek while sitting at the couch.

“Well, you do seem like a guy who wants to go for a date…” I back. He smiled widely. “Oh, was it right? Aaaaa, you haven’t told me who your girlfriend is! Does mom know that you’re dating? Is she beautiful? How did you two meet? Oppaaaaaaaaaaa!” I cling to his arm and held it tightly.

“Ya, I don’t date anyone… “ He playfully hit my forehead. “Are you ready to go now?”

I gave him a suspicious look.

He sighed and laughed, “Seriously, I promise you that if I had a girlfriend sometime in the future, you’ll be the first one to know. Is it okay now?”

I nodded happily. “Let’s go!”

While I took my bag, Siwon oppa replied a text and confirmed something through phone. Turned out it was a ticket to New York.

“Are you going to New York?” I asked him. He nodded while opening the car’s door and let me in. “For…business trip?”

“Yes. Why suddenly my little sister becomes like the investigator who loves to ask everything in details?” he replied with a big smile. “Oh, I need to call Chanyeol” Siwon oppa suddenly said.

I felt my heart beat a bit faster when I heard his name. Why Siwon oppa suddenly mentioned his name. “Mmm.. why you should call Chanyeol oppa?”

“Hmm? We are going to New York together, along with Kris too. They are going to go back to New York. School with start soon, summer is about to over”

I held the seatbelt a bit tighter. Chanyeol oppa was about to going back to New York again… Hhh. Why should I take care of it…He didn’t even reply my text last night. I suddenly remembered my phone and took it from my bag. There’s nothing. No missed call, no text, nothing. I shook my head.

Today would be about me and my friends. No Park Chanyeol!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ya, Jongin! What’s with the face?” Krystal playfully hit Jongin’s shoulder while she looked at Jongin’s camera. Jongin secretly took her picture eating hotdog and she looked really like a big eater.

“Still, you look pretty though” Sehun said with his smirk. He gained another punch from Krystal. I leaned on Suzy’s shoulder, tired with all the rides that we played previously since this morning. Suzy was also exhausted; she only could lean to Jiyeon’s back.

“Ya, what’s with the three of you?” Krystal pointed to me, Jiyeon, and Suzy.

“They’re dead tired…” Jongin chuckled and took another photo of us.

“Let’s go to another rideeee” Sehun happily screaming but no one responded. “Ya, we’re only halfway from this amusement park, another half to go! Cheer up!”

“Ya Oh Sehun, shut up!” Jiyeon said in such a flat tone. Sehun mimicked her and ignored her, he went to Jongin’s side.

“How about another round of roller coaster?”

I didn’t know who started that idea, all I knew was we rode several rounds of roller coaster and got wasted at the end of the ride.

 

Before heading for lunch, I went to the restroom. Krystal and Jiyeon were waiting at the restaurant inside the amusement park, while Sehun accompanied Suzy to look for her bracelet that seemed to be fallen at the roller coaster area. Jongin went to buy some drinks.

When I stepped out from the rest room, I walked while trying to text Jiyeon. As I walked passed the ferris wheel, I saw someone familiar. It was… Sohee unnie, again. She wore short and loose shirt, while putting a baseball cap on her head. She ate some ice cream while looking around. I looked at her; I was planning to say hi to her. I felt bad that I haven’t greeted her since she came to Seoul again. I was about to walk to her direction when I saw someone walking to Sohee unnie’s direction across from me. It was Chanyeol oppa.

I felt panicked so I quickly turned back and walked straight to the shop nearby. It was a hat and mask shop, so I took a Goofy hat that was the nearest with me and quickly put it. The ear part of the hat could cover my side profile while the cap hid my face a bit.  Krystal was calling me but I ignored her phone call.

I walked near the ferris wheels again. I clearly saw Chanyeol oppa stood next to Sohee unnie, both of them just stood there, doing nothing. They were like around 300 meters from me. Chanyeol oppa wore his favorite jeans and loose shirt along with his sneakers. He let his hair went straight down today. He smiled widely while pointing at some rides. They looked great together though…

I felt a bit disappointed. Like… What’s happening to the movie date? Maybe I was putting my expectation too high. He might just think of me like his other friends… Hhh. After all this time, I thought I didn’t like him anymore. Turned out, I still like him though… And it’s still hurt. It was not a disappointed feeling; it’s a broken heart feeling, I guess.

A group of students were passing by in front of me, blocking my view to Sohee unnie and Chanyeol oppa. I took a few steps back, but when they already passed, all I could see was Sohee unnie only. I looked around but I couldn’t find Chanyeol oppa. Where did he go?

“Sul-li…?” I turned to my right and found Chanyeol oppa stood next to me, looking at me in confused expression. I could felt my cheeks started to felt warm. It should be as red as tomatoes now.

He sighed. “It is really you. What are you doing her— what’s with this hat?” Chanyeol oppa was about to take my hat, but I’m afraid that Sohee unnie might see me so I held the hat tightly, refusing to take it off.

“What are you doing actually?” Chanyeol oppa asked me.

“I-I-I was… was…” I found it hard to speak. What should I say… It’s impossible to say that I was looking for him and Sohee unnie… It’d be like digging my own grave.

I looked away from his eyes and looked at Sohee unnie’s direction. She’s still there, eating her ice cream at one of the bench.

“Sulli, whom are you with?” Chanyeol oppa asked.

“Krystal, Jongin, and…”

“Could you please look at me when I’m talking to you, Sulli?”

I immediately looked away from Sohee unnie to Chanyeol oppa. He seriously looked confused. “Why are you kept looking at Sohee? Were you spying on us? Or….” He stopped talking.

I looked back at him, now it’s my turn on being confused.

“Do you… like Kris?”

“What?!” I asked back in higher tone.

“You were not coming here for Sohee.. And you keep looking at Sohee’s direction. Were you… coming to spy on Kris?”

“Kris oppa…? Why would I…” I looked at Sohee unnie’s direction. There he was. Kris oppa was sitting with Sohee unnie on the bench. I didn’t see him anywhere today, I just saw him now and I was being accused to spy on him? This oppa was something…

“Were you really like him?” he asked again.

“Who?”

“Kris, of course…” he added coldly.

“I didn’t know that he’s here. I didn’t even know that you’re here, but I suddenly saw you with Sohee unnie and…”

“And…?”

I couldn’t do this. I’m feeling like crying now. I like you, Chanyeol oppa. I LIKE YOU.

“I don’t like it”

He was frowning when I said it, showing his thinking face. Oh my God, what did I say? I said I didn’t like him with Sohee unnie, it’s just like semi-confession. Oh I’m so dead!

“So… you’re not here to spy on Kris?”

I shook my head “Nope”

“…Were you hiding from here… because…of me?” he tried to look at me in the eye, but I couldn’t meet his eyes. I just wanted to disappear from here actually.

I couldn’t answer anything; all I wanted was to get out from his sight.

“Oh, this is stupid. Oppa, I should go back to my friends they’re waiting for me in the restaurant…”

I bowed at him and turned back quickly, but before I could walk I felt someone held my left wrist. I looked back, it was Chanyeol oppa. He held my wrist just like he held it several days ago in the cinema. I travelled back to the moment when we watched the movie. Sweet memory, but I have to erase it as quickly as possible.

He took a deep breath and sighed heavily. I looked at him, waiting for him to talk. His rabbit eyes were looking at me; he blinked his eyes several times before he started to speak. He coughed first, and then…

“I… like you, Choi Jinri”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol finally said it! :)

What do you think, guys? :p

Sorry if it's a bit sloppy, i'll edit it tomorrow i guess..