Sneak Attack

"Don't Call Me Oppa"

(Happy birthday peachy <3)

Baekhyun

“Alright, gang,” Pauline clapped her hands twice--always only twice--and waved us to our bags. “That’s a wrap. Have a nice dinner and get a good night’s sleep!” 

“Ne, Pauline!” Everyone shouted back in response. Satisfied, she her heel and left the practice room. The moment she was gone, I collapsed onto Chanyeol’s back. 

“Aish, get off of me!” he whined, shoving me with his shoulders as he slipped into a pair of clean sweatpants. “You can bother me all you want when we get home, just not now.”

 “Eh,” I jeered at him. “Someone’s in a bad mood.” Continuing to bother the heck out of the guy, I didn’t notice Jongdae sneak up on me.

 “BACON!” he shouted in my ear. I spun around and bopped him in the face with my palm. Jongdae shook his head as if he were a wet dog and glared at me. “What was that for?”

 “It’s nice to know that foreign fans calling me that, but it sounds just plain awkward coming from you.” I snickered and grabbed my belongings, fleeing the studio.

 The twelve of us went home together as always, sweaty and tired. But after we showered and changed into normal street clothes, we were ready to go out to grab a quick dinner before hitting the hay.

 Because our teasers have been widespread for the past month, we had to be cautious even at night. The twelve of us shielded our faces with glasses, hoods, and hats, despite the clear, starry night. People were still staring at us, but maybe it was just our natural good looks.

 We entered one of our favorite restaurants of all time--the Giant Mushroom. It’s a funny name, but it produces amazing food. The owners are as friendly as ever and have welcomed us as regular customers. Usually empty by nine or ten, us EXO members pile in and take up at least half of the space.

However, today, it was clear that we were not the only ones dining.

The bells on the door jingled as I pushed open the door, and we were greeted by a flushed Mrs. Kim. “Aigoo, come in, come in boys!” she waved us inside, wiping her sweat. “There are people inside, but they claim they’re from your company. Sit, sit!”

I peered into the restaurant and immediately spotted Eun Ae, who was busily scarfing down food. The girl trainees are here?! I glanced at Chanyeol, who was standing next to me. His eyes grew wide as he took in the scene.

Eun Ae, having looked up from her food and spotted the members, grinned widely and wave them over. “Baekhyun oppa, eat with us! My treat!”

The girls in the restaurant grew quiet as I shuffled inside and sat at Eun Ae’s table. Chanyeol followed me and slipped into the seat next to me. I scanned the room and realized that I recognized all of the faces of fellow trainees. Haneul noona, Yoonsang ssi, Seonghyun noona... I haven’t realized how much I’ve missed them. Then, I turned to Eun Ae. “So, how are you adapting so far?”

She wiped with a stained napkin and her face split into a large smile. “I’m doing great! The unnies are nice, and my dongsaengs are so sweet!” she grinned at Jeonghye, who looked at me blankly with a full mouth. I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Oppa!” Hands grappled my throat and I jerked my head away in shock. “Oppa? It’s me, Hyesung!” Rubbing my neck, I glared at the girl. She was sweet in some ways, buts he was also scarily similar to a saesang fan.

Nevertheless, she was a good girl.

“Ne, Hyesung-ah...” I shrunk back and gave her a look that hopefully read, I’m busy. Go back to your table.

“Oppa...” she cooed and plopped into the seat next to a dazed Chanyeol. “Do you want something to eat? Just ask Eun Ae unnie and she’ll order for you.”

“Eun Ae?” I glanced at the cute girl who was shoving food into like her next meal wouldn’t be until next week. She also paid for the steamed buns I wanted earlier. How much money does this girl actually have?

“Hmm?” She looked over at me with a stuffed mouth and large eyes. The end of a noodle was sticking out of . My stomach did a huge flip. What was going on? But just at this moment, Jongdae pulled out a chair on the other side of Eun Ae and sat down. She flashed a bright smile at him, and he returned it.

Ming Xue whispered something into Jeonghye’s ear, and the both of them giggled. Eun Ae shot them a menacing glance and proceeded to ask Jongdae what he wanted to eat. The way the girls were acting was too similar to those dramas when the main girl was interacting with the guy she liked.

It can’t be.

“Oppa?” Eun Ae turned back to me, her face beaming. “What would you and Chanyeol like?”

“Whatever you’re having looks good.” I answered quickly. She nodded once and left to ask Mr. Kim. I stared at Jongdae, who glanced back at me. He shot me a small smile and turned back to his conversation with Ming Xue.

From what I have heard from Hyesung, at least two girl trainees think of Jongdae as a “dashing, skillful, charming young man.” They have already confessed to him, but he rejected them both. What does he have that I don’t?

When Eun Ae came back, I spontaneously reached out and grabbed her arm. She blinked at me in surprise. “Well...tell me!” I blurted out. “Who are you staying with? Who have you met?”

She bit her lip and shyly looked at me, making my heart flutter weirdly again. “Well...I’m staying with Ai Hui unnie--she thought I was Chinese!” She chuckled, remembering back to the incident. “I’m also staying with Ming Xue and Jeonghye, the two evil” she glared at the girls, who were busily talking with Jongdae and Kris. “maknaes. I also talked with a couple of the other girls. They’re so talented! And hardworking!” She blushed slightly and confessed, “It’s...it’s just too cool being a trainee.”

She was so adorable.

Despite occasionally conversing with a starving Chanyeol, I focused my attention on the new, excited trainee. We discussed her adventures today in the dorm, and the members she may be debuting with. To be honest, Eun Ae may be an avid EXO fan, but now that she’s a trainee, it seems as if we can talk normally without any hindrances.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol nudged me with his elbow while I was in the middle of an intense debate about the use of golf courses with Eun Ae. “It’s almost eleven--the manager hyungs will be mad if we don’t get back in time.”

“Oh, crap,” Haneul shot up from her seat and stared at the clock. She was the oldest of all the trainees, so naturally she had more leadership than the other trainees. “Eunyoung unnie and Songee unnie will freak if we don’t get back at the dorm by now. Up, everyone! Head out, Eun Ae will take care of the bill!’

The trainees and my members mumbled and scuffled out of their seats. They began heading out the door, thanking Eun Ae as they passed her.

“Thanks Eun Ae,” Jongdae lingered behind a bit and ruffled her hair. “Nice to know that you’re coping well. See you tomorrow!” He gave her a tight hug and left the restaurant, the bells on the door jingling. I breathed in deeply, trying to shake whatever odd feeling I had balled up inside.

The slightest hint of a smile lingering on her lips, Eun Ae went up to the Mr. Kim to take care of the bill. When he told her the cost, my mouth dropped wide open. I would never be able to pay that off! However, she just nodded silently and took out her wallet. She handed him at least three times the amount of money we used for my steamed buns today. He thanked her with a nod and a warm smile, then waved her off.

When Eun Ae realized that I was still in the restaurant, she stopped in her tracks and blinked a couple of times. “Oppa, what are you still doing here? Your hyungs will be mad at you if you’re late!”

“It’s not proper for a man to leave a girl alone at night,” I smirked and opened the door for her, gesturing for her to go out. “Ladies first.”

The walk back to the dorms was quite awkward and pretty much silent. Once in awhile, my hands shoved in my jean pockets, I glanced over at the new girl.

She was nervously chewing on her bottom lip and hugging her california blue drawstring bag. Maybe a little paranoid, she kept checking for any creepers or strange creatures.

We arrived at the building and she bowed, signaling the end of our journey from the restauraunt. “Thank you for accompanying me back,” She smiled cutely. “I’ll head up now! Goodnight, oppa!”

“Wait!” I suddenly blurted out, my hand reaching out to stop her.

Eun Ae halted and tilted her head. “Ne?’

“I--I--” My tongue was twisted. What am I doing? “Um, goodnight.”

“Goodnight, Baekhyun oppa.”

Making sure she doesn’t have enough time to react, I leaned in and pressed my lips lightly onto her cheek. Right after I did this, I took off into the building, waving to a confused Eun Ae. “See you tomorrow!” I shouted, cupping my hands around my mouth.

She crinkled her eyebrows and opened to answer, but the elevator arrived and I stepped in.

The doors closed slowly, allowing me one last glimpse of the girl. 


GDSAGH;LSDKGGIO;A I FAILED TO UPDATE YESTERDAY >< *sad* 

Argh, well, we'll see if I can update a lot.

Lila8171997, here's your surprise Bacon "kiss" (not really, but close enough ^^)

@Yogurt - Yayyy, I was so afraid I lost some readers because of my lack of updates ;~; Do you think it would be easier if I posted the girl trainee info? ^^