Hungry for Games

"Don't Call Me Oppa"

(So many birthdays...May child leader guardian angel Joonmyun <3 Happy birthday :D)

Baekhyun

“One and two and three and...” Pauline noona was counting in English and I was trying hard to catch up with the rest of the members. Raise shoulder, look up, forward, pop chest... “Byun Baekhyun!” She yelled at me in her broke Korean. “You’re one beat behind!”

Step back, knee up, turn around...

“Come on, Baekhyun! One and two and three and four and!”

I stopped mid-step, confused. Shaking my head, I tried to remember the rest of the steps, but for some reason all I could remember were the shrimp crackers I shared with Eun Ae the other day. She was really hungry and missed the simple snack, so I took her out to buy one. In return, she gave me the cutest aegyo expression ever...

“EARTH TO BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Pauline waved her hand in front of my face and I jumped back in surprise. “You’re so lucky you’re already included in the lineup or I would have to tell Soo Man to find a new main vocalist. Get back on task or beat it.”

“Sorry.” I mumbled and hopped back into position. Chanyeol had a worried look on his face, but I tried my best to ignore it.

“Hey, you okay?” he whispered, genuinely concerned. Pauline began counting again, but he talked as we danced. “If you have anything that’s bothering you, you can just talk to me. I’m always--”

“Chanyeol, focus,” Pauline warned in a stern voice, but did not press it. Being a good student, he immediately stopped talking and followed her directions with smooth steps. “Up, touch, spin...”

When I was sure she was farther away from us, I leaned in and muttered, “I’m perfectly fine. It’s just...I don’t know...I feel somehow distracted.”
“Oh my god Baekhyun for the last time, SHUT UP!”

We shut up after that.


Soaked in sweat, Pauline finally dismissed us with the wave of her hand. As I tore off my shirt to change into a dry one, her face suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I let out a loud yelp, but she only stared at me and said, “Focus.” Then turned around and left the practice room.

Desperate to get some fresh air, Chanyeol grabbed my hand eagerly and pulled me outside, chattering about how earlier he was able to rap one of Outsider’s fastest lines. I nodded a few times, pretending I was interested, but suddenly heard conversation to my right. I peeked over and spotted the girl trainees standing in a mob by the building, laughing and talking.

“I really want to go see the Hunger Games,” a whiny Eun Ae pouted and stomped her feet lightly. “I read the books over the summer and died. They were amazing.” None of the other girls had read the series before, murmuring among themselves about this American literature series.

“You don’t have to know what it’s about to see it,” Eun Ae brought her bottom lip down adorably and tugged at Haneul’s arm, who just patted her head lightly. “Please see it with me...”

Almost impulsively, I tore away from Chanyeol and tip-toed behind Eun Ae. Oblivious, she was on the verge of fake tears, blinking away her giant eyes. “Unnie...”

“BAEKHYUN OPPA!” Hyesung suddenly blurted out, covering . All the trainees turned to stare at me and I felt myself turn a deep shade of tomato red.

“Omo, oppa, shouldn’t you be at the dorm resting?” Eun Ae looked at me with wide eyes and scanned me from head to toe.

“No, I was planning to see the Hunger Games instead,” I found myself saying. Well, the trailer did look pretty awesome. “I heard that you wanted to see it, would you like to come along?”

“OPPA, I WOULD LOVE TO--”

I looked right at her face and raised my eyebrows. “Hyesung, I only have money for me and one other person. Eun Ae wants to see it the most...so...”
Eun Ae’s cheeks turned pale rose and she nodded a couple of times. “N-ne, oppa. I’ll come along. Thank you for your offer.”

I smiled and took her by the hand, departing from the group of trainees without saying farewell. “Jongdae oppa...and now Baekhyun oppa? What is going on?” I heard a couple of the girls muttering. What? Jongdae?

Tightening my grip on Eun Ae who was clearly confused and shaken a bit, we walked as fast as we could to the movie theater to catch the next showing of the Hunger Games.

Only when we approached the theater did I remember that I had left Chanyeol standing by the building entrance, alone.


“I’m not hungry.”

“Aish, Eun Ae, just choose something to eat.”

“I don’t usually eat at movie theaters.”

“Well, I’m hungry. Recommend something!”

“Augh, oppa, just get popcorn and a drink.”

“But I want a hot dog.”

“Then get a hot dog!”

“...but I want to know what you want to eat.”

She facepalmed a couple of times and let out an exasperated sigh. Smiling weakly, she replied, “Okay, fine. I want a medium popcorn, a small Sprite, and Sour Patch Kids. Alright?”

“Yeseu.”

She sighed again, but this time smiling hard. Luckily, it just became our turn to order. “One medium popcorn, a small Sprite, and Sour Patch Kids. Oh, and add a hot dog to that.” I leaned on the counter and pointed to several of the items on the menu.

As the worker was getting our food, Eun Ae tugged on my arm and whispered, “Oppa, won’t you get thirsty? Order a drink, too.”

Oh. “Um...” I raised my hand to ask for a Coke.

“Here’s your food, and that will be...” The worker interuppted, grinning from ear to ear. However, her smile faded as she met my eyes. Instead, she quickly jumped back and covered in surprise. “Are you...from EXO?!

Her exclamation attracted the attention of several other girls around the theater and they immediately began to discuss among themselves. Fearing that they would begin pointing fingers at Eun Ae, I slammed half my wallet onto the counter and muttered, “Keep the change.” As we sped-walked towards theater five, I grabbed two straws from the condiments stand and grinned, waving it in Eun Ae’s face. “I guess we’ll have to share.”

She rolled her eyes and pushed through a door. It was dimly lit with trailers running on the screen, but we managed to slip into the center section without tripping over anything.

We squirmed around in our seats for a while, trying to get comfortable. But when we were settled, an awkward silence fell over the both of us. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Eun Ae trying to tuck her hair behind her ear, but locks kept on falling out.

“So...” I nodded, trying to think of conversation. “Do you often come to movies?”

“Well, kind of,” She turned to look at me, wearing a pensive expression. “I often come with friends when a new movie comes out.”

“What do you guys see? Chick flicks?”

She made a face and raised an eyebrow. “Ah, you see, my friends back at Daewon were...interesting. We enjoy harsh, plain things. Happy endings don’t exist.”

“Oh.”

“What do you guys usually see? How do all twelve of you fit in one row?” Eun Ae nudged my elbow, smirking.

I twiddled with my thumbs and pursed my lips. “I don’t come with my members.”

“Why not?”

“...where I come from, movies are only seen...when...” I peered to my side and almost choked when I saw Eun Ae staring at me with large innocent eyes.

“Hmm?”

“When...a girl and a boy...” I began and tried to avoid her gaze.

“Yes? When?”

“...have...certain connections...”

“Ahh...” She finally sank back in her seat and nodded to herself. “So, does that mean you’ve dated before?”

That question popped out of nowhere and hit me in the head. “Ne?”

“If you don’t come with your members, you must have come with a girl, right?”

“Um, yeah. I-I’ve dated someone before.” I could feel the tips of my ears turning bright red as I recalled the three or more girls I’ve foolishly played with in the past. Each relationship did not end very well. “What about you?”

 

“Me? I haven’t.”

I sat straight up and stared at her. Eun Ae? Single? Pure? Innocent? ...Single?

She looked at me strangely and squirmed in her seat. “I don’t think I’ve found the right person yet. I mean, I may have found him, but I’m scared.”

She’s scared.

Without thinking, I reached out to touch her hand as her eyes were fixed on the Coke commercial featuring 2PM.

“Baekhyun?” A voice called out from the back of the theater. I whipped around in my seat, startling the people around me.

And who else could it be.

Jongdae jogged down the aisle and flashed me a smile as he scooted in with a large bucket of popcorn. “Hyung, Chanyeol told me you were watching a movie so I came, too...”

I grabbed Eun Ae’s wrist and turned to face my member. “I brought Eun Ae with me, too. Nice of you to join us, huh?”

Jongdae’s eyes grew wide as he stared at Eun Ae with his mouth slightly open. It seemed like Eun Ae was doing the same thing, too.

Luckily, the movie began rolling and we turned in our seats to face the screen, ready for an interesting and eventful three hours.  


Argh, it's been like a week. I'll understand if I lose subscribers...I probably will update once in a while, but not all the time. Sorry!

Why is Bacon acting like this? *0*

@madetofangirl - Especially after Disneyland, oh my that boy is hyper.

@Yogurt - LOL, yes she's overjoyed *0*

@Christiniewinn - Dawwww ;~~; Thank you! I hope I won't disappoint you teehee. Chen is such an amazing person, he needs to get the spotlight sometimes.

@Lila8171997 - XD Aing that Bacon~