A Sea of Bodies

"Don't Call Me Oppa"

(I love macros)

Jongdae

“Um,” I awkwardly cleared my throat and seated myself in front of the piano. “Let’s warm up, okay?” Baekhyun and Eun Ae nodded, fidgeting next to each other. “Alright. Ah~ah~ah~ah~ah~ah~ah~ah~ah.” I played up and down the scale, moving up one key every time. Finally, as we reached around a high G above the staff, Baekhyun dropped out, rubbing his throat gently.

“Jongdae, you’re such a girl for hitting those high notes,” he joked and chugged down half his water bottle. Then he turned to Eun Ae. “If you can’t hit higher notes than Jongdae, then you’re a man.”

Not wanting to break our concentration, we both glared at him and continued to sing up the staff. We inched closer and closer to my head voice breaking point, which was around a high B. Maybe she’ll drop out at around the A. Eun Ae was sweating by now, just like me, but absolutely determined to hit those high notes.

“Ah~ah~ah~ah--” I opened my eyes and mouth as wide as I could. Although I pushed myself as hard as I could, my voice cracked at the B. Baekhyun stared at me in surprise. I ignored his looks and continued to move up the staff for Eun Ae, who ended up stopping at the high D.

“You have a really high range!” She and I both turned to each other and exclaimed.

“Yeah yeah...and other main singer over here doesn’t...” Baekhyun teasingly crossed his arms and legs, rolling his eyes.

“Oh--no no!” she flashed him an eye smile and said, “Oppa--I mean, Baek--um, you have quite a broad voice, while Jongdae has a high-pitched voice fit for higher notes. Don’t worry!”

Baekhyun gave her a look. “I’m one year older than you, aren’t I? Call me oppa!”

I closely examined my hands as she replied, “N-ne. Baekhyun oppa.”

After an uncomfortable silence settled in the room, Eun Ae piped up, “Hey, do you guys want something to eat? I don’t think any of us ate breakfast.”

“Right,” I stood up from the piano bench and snapped my fingers. “No wonder we grew so tired after that punishment...”

“WHAT!?” Eun Ae squealed. “PUNISHMENT?! What did you guys do?”

“Worried for your oppas?” Baekhyun snickered, his eyes twinkling. “No big deal, just that we came late because of a certain person...”

“WHAT?!?!” she covered with her hand and stared at us with large eyes. “OMO. I’M SO SO SORRY,” she grabbed her bag and motioned for us to follow her. “I’ll treat you guys to a nice breakfast. Come!”
Hesitant, I lingered near the piano as Baekhyun eagerly followed Eun Ae towards the exit. “Wa-wait!” I called. “Should we get the other members to go with us?”

“Ani, it’s okay,” Baekhyun quickly answered as he gently pushed Eun Ae out the door. “The less the merrier, isn’t that what they say?”

The confused girl furrowed her brow and began to say, “Actually--” But Baekhyun dragged her out the door before she could finish her sentence. Sighing, I reluctantly followed them.

Baekhyun, who loves street food, stopped near a vendor to buy some steamed buns and early bulgoggi. Eun Ae, equipped with the money, bought whatever he asked for.

“Wait, add a few more steamed buns!” Baekhyun excitedly called, jumping up and down. “We should give a bun to each member! No wait, they’ve worked hard. Make that two buns per member!”

Biting my lip, I nudged Eun Ae, who was furiously digging through her wallet. “Yah, do you have enough money?”

“I should...I worked a very profitable part-time job during the summer,” she replied, not looking up. “And when I mean very, I mean very.” She pulled out a few large bucks and handed it to the vendor, who happily accepted the money.

After Baekhyun satisfyingly gathered his food, we headed back to the practice room. The bundle of hyper-ness was checking out the steamed buns in the bag, completely distracted. I chuckled to myself and stuck my hands in my pockets.

“What’s so funny?” Eun Ae asked me, an unknowing smile appeared on her lips.

“Well,” I rubbed the back of my head. “You know Minseok--I mean, Xiu Min right? The chubby guy who looks like Sohee from Wonder Girls?”

She just stared at me like I was an idiot. Then I remembered.

“Ahh, right, right,” I patted her head. “Super EXO fan, I remember. Of course you would know this.”

She rolled her eyes and smirked. “Go on.”

“We call Minseok hyung ‘steamed bun’ because he’s so squishy,” I pressed my two index fingers together. “Luhan came up with it and won’t stop using it.”

The second the nickname left my tongue, she laughed a loud “HAHAHAHAHA” and grabbed my arm for support. “STEAMED BUN!” she scream-giggled and jumped up and down. “SQUISHY!”

“Squishy...” Baekhyun calmly walked past us, poking one of the steamed buns in the bag.


When we reached the practice room, all the members were changing into their new pair of fresh training clothes. I shielded Eun Ae’s eyes as we entered the room.

Joonmyun was having trouble taking off his sweat soaked shirt, but greeted us with a bright smile. As EXO-K’s leader, I found him extremely charming and good looking. He also has a clear voice, which I find impressive for someone who was scouted for his looks.

Soon he realized that Eun Ae couldn’t see his grin, so he grunted, “Eun Ae-ah, you came at a very awkward time.”

I felt her eyes and cheeks move under my hand as she smiled weakly. She must be frustrated at me for covering her eyes at such a time as this...maybe her bias is Jong In, who was a pretty defined six pack? Or Tao? Because he does martial arts and has quite nice muscles?

“Hey, do you want a steamed bun?” Baekhyun asked me with a full mouth, shoving the bag in my face. I eagerly reached into the bag, but suddenly realized that I had taken my hand off of her eyes. Turning around, I rushed to shield them again, but it was too late.

Eun Ae began squealing uncontrollably, causing almost all of the members to shout out in surprise. When they realized that there was a girl staring at their half bodies, they also began screaming.

Yi Xing had taken off his pants and tried to shuffle away with his hands in front of his legs, while Luhan was shirtless and was frantically trying to fit into a Hello Kitty shirt. Even worse, Sehun often changes all at once so he was practically . He jumped on a pantless Chanyeol in the corner, trying to hide. The rest of the members were startled and turning red, looking around for a place to hide.

I dropped the bag and shoved Eun Ae’s face into my chest, leading her out of the room. She clutched my T-shirt tightly and I felt her eyes widen. Once we were outside, I let her go.

She nervously stared at me with wide, innocent eyes, and I immediately began to flush with red. Why?

Finally, I cleared my throat and said, “Well. That was...interesting.”

“Oh no,” she covered her face and kneeled down. “That was horrible. So embarrassing. In front of all the members...they must think I’m some kind of lunatic.”

“No!” I quickly shook my head and kneeled down in front of her. “No no no, it was my mistake. I knew you would freak out if you saw them like that, and vice versa. It’s not a big deal, anyway.”

“Yeah, right,” she muttered, muffled by her arms. “I’m scarred for life...I’m going to have to go back home...”

“Can you just get over it already?” I was getting a bit frustrated. “I don’t feel bad anymore about setting the alarm off by--” I clamped my hand over my mouth and felt myself turn a deep red. Last night was extremely humiliating, even if I was able to act calm in the end. I was trying to be a manly member by preparing at least the toast for that evening, but I became distracted and the smoke alarm went off. I heard a crash in the bathroom, so I knew that Eun Ae was going to come out to investigate soon. Trying to act cool, I grabbed the toast from the toaster and began munching on it like the burnt bread was pretty good.

Only it wasn’t.

I tried to swallow the first bite, but it got stuck somewhere in between both tubes and I couldn’t breathe. Hoping that Eun Ae would check out the kitchen, I coughed as loud as I could, trying to both catch her attention and get the stupid chunk of toast out of my throat.

Sure enough, she pounded into the kitchen. I began to ask her for water, but I saw that she didn’t even bother to put any clothes on before she emerged. She was wrapped in a towel--a towel with my face on it--and standing there, dripping wet, yelling at me. I couldn’t think, or breathe, or do anything when I saw her. Maybe it was the lack of oxygen, or maybe it was...

Anyway, she saw me gaping at her and immediately handed me water, returning to the bathroom.

A...quite--attractive--girl ran out of the bathroom because of my stupidity and saw me choking on burnt toast.

It was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

She raised her head and blinked at me. “Last night was embarrassing for me. You saw me in only a towel!”

“Ani, ani!” I shook my head furiously, stuttering. “I-it was because. Um. You know...you just showered...and...” I gulped, trying to make it seem less awkward and creepy. “You looked...nice...?”

dropped open.

“...enough to get me a cup of water,” I cleverly finished and nodded. “Yup!”

She raised an eyebrow. “What does that have to do with anything?”

“Nothing,” I blurted out and dragged her to her feet by her hand. “Stop asking questions, you always care about everything!”

“Well, maybe that’s because I do care!” she poked my forehead. “Especially about you!”

“Me?” I pointed to myself with the hand that wasn’t holding hers. Why me?

“Hey, this is the practice room, not a place to date! Cut it out!”

We both turned around and found ourselves face to face with Lee Soo Man.

The boss. 


ADHFHFHAHA A;HG SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I was really busy this past week and I'm currently breaking rules lol.

But don't worry, hopefully for a while I'll be double updating everyday so it will make up for it.

TEEHEE AT YOUR COMMENTS <3 I wish I could reply to them all individually here, but I'm running short on time.

Instead, I'll drop off two links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAc2dzw9HY -- I entered EXO's MAMA Cover Contest! ^__^

and also what a coincidence about the whole SM Audition thing lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbqnstRuuQ -- My audition cover :3

Please tell me what you guys think--below or on the YT pages (: 

THANK YOU!!!!! :3 <3