Prologue # The Reason Why

Warning!!!

Hi everyone. First i would like to say Thank You for everyone who subscribing and/or commenting to my story, and also i wanna say sorry for updating this Prologue just now *deep bow*

 

*******************************

Youngwoon was 5 when he realized for the first time that his parents love his brother more than they love him. He used to hear both of his father and mother complimented the older boy, they loved to say how adorable his brother’s face, how polite his attitude, how bright his smile, how smart his brain or just to say how different he is compare to the younger.

Little Youngwoon didn’t like his hyung. He was jealous, he was angry, he felt this is so unfair for himself. He’d done anything to make his parents looking for him, giving him the attention, realize his presence. But seemed like he just became an additional player in this little family, someone that used to be a part of something, yet used to be ignored at the same time.

Youngwoon knew he’s unloved, not only by his parents, but also by his neighbors, his friends, even his grandparents. They used to call him as a bad one. Yes that’s right, little Youngwoon grew as a bad kid, he loved to play prank to another, loved to beat his weaker friends, loved to speak in half-shouted tone to the olders, which is made them considered him as an impolite one.

But, Youngwoon didn’t give a matter for what the people said since he knew the fact ‘you need a bad one to make a good one’.

He got used for the unfairness, the comparable, the mockery, or the beating he would receive from his father for his disobedience or obstinacy.

The only savior he had is his older brother. The older used to make himself as a shield for his dongsaeng to protect him from their father’s anger. He’d cried to his father ‘enough, appa! Don’t hit my brother again’

And how could his father refuse his beloved son request? of course he couldn’t. He’d sigh and left his younger son go. Thank to his hyung to save him? hell no. Youngwoon felt that’s a payment his hyung must give to him as an exchange for their parents love. So, when his brother offered his hand to him, Youngwoon slapped them off, with hatred he will look his hyung then headed straight to his room, slammed the door close harshly, then sank his face on a pilllow and cried his heart out ‘this is so unfair’.

*********************

            Youngwoon was 7 when he knew that his hyung is the only one who love him sincerely. That noon, little Youngwoon juggled his soccer ball in a living room when suddenly he lost control of the ball, it flew through the cabinet, hit everything on it and made the stuffs crashed down, including his father precious glass trophy. A thing that his father loved more than anything, the only award he received from a moto racing championship he ever joined as a rider before he quit cause of the severe injury he got.

            ‘He’d kill me’ Youngwoon felt worry. Mentally he prayed to God to save him just this time, and he promises he’ll be a good kid. But seemed like God doesn’t like to befriend with him this time. He heard a sound of a doorknob being rotated. Then he saw his father’s figure standing in front of the door, looked so shocked watching his small living room condition.

            Then his gaze fell down to the broken trophy. Soon, the wrath took a control over his body, he made his way toward his frightened son.

            “You. Little rascal!! You broke my precious one!!!”

            Little Youngwoon felt so afraid that time. He took a few steps back until his back made a contact to the concrete wall behind him. He keep murmured ‘Sorry father, sorry!’ whilst closing his eyes as if that action could preventing the possibly things that will happen the time his father raising his hands.

            Youngwoon waited for the hard slaps and the stingy pain he’ll feel right after that, but it never came. Instead of feeling those pains, he heard a cry and a pained groans.

            A pained groans? He’s not the one who made those noises. Felt curious, he opened his eyes and saw his father spilled his wrath to his hyung’s body. He could see his hyung’s face is already covered by blood that oozing from his bleeding nose and an opened wound on his face.

            Youngwoon looked up to see his father’s eyes. And see that his father seemed like be blinded by the wrath that made him subconsciously do something he’ll never do when he’s sober.

            Youngwoon wants to scream ‘STOP IT’, but he’s too afraid, what if his father realize he beaten up the wrong kid. What if when his father hear his voice, he’ll soon make a way toward him and started to do the same things he did to his brother?

            Youngwoon could only stare at the terribly scene in front of him. He’s crying and sobbing, hoping there’s a miracle that will save his brother.

            After praying to God for the last 10 minutes, he heard a shouting from his mother. “Kim Sang Woon, stop it, stop it!! What are you doing? Are you going to kill our son. Stop it now!! Stop it!! Oh my God Jongwoon.” He heard his mother cried and sobbed while her hands wrapped around Jongwoon almost lifeless body.

            His father found back his conscious when hearing his wife’s quivering voices. He fell down on his knees, palmed his face and crying “what the hell I’ve done to my son?”. Then he crawled his body toward Jongwoon, still crying he try to touch his son “son, are you fine?”

            His mother tighten her embrace to Jongwoon’s body as if didn’t allow his husband to touch her injured son “Call ambulance. Now!!” she shouted. Sang Woon immediately grab his cellphone, make a call to the nearest hospital.

            “Youngie..” Youngwoon heard his hyung weak voice, he approach his hyung, still crying and sobbing. “Are you okay? You didn’t get hurt, right?” with a weak yet sincere smile on his face, his hyung asked.

            Youngwoon shook his head and mumbling “Sorry hyung. Sorry. This is my fault. I’m really sorry!!”

            “It’s okay, youngwoon, as long as you’re fine” he said before drown in a subconscious state.

            Youngwoon cried harder. Since that day he made a promise to himself, he’ll love his hyung as much as his hyung love him. Cause he finally knew how his hyung loved him so much.

********************

            Youngwoon was 13 and his hyung was 14 when they had this young man as a neighbor. He was a college student who rented a room aside their house. This young man was 20, very attractive and handsome guy.

            When this guy and his brother shaking their hand and their gaze fell upon each other, Youngwoon could see there’s something between them.

*********************

            Youngwoon sat down at the edge of his bed and plugged his ears with earphone when he found his brother peeked inside his room “Come in, hyung. What’s happen?” he asked.

            Jongwoon came inside and joined his brother sat himself down on the bed, he bowed and bit his bottom lip, no words came out of his mouth. Youngwoon knew what that was mean, his hyung always bit his bottom lips when he’s nervous.

            “you wanna tell me something?” he asked gently.

            “I thought I’m gay, Youngie”

            “ what?!”

            The older bit his lip harder, made the younger worry it’s going to bleeding. “Is that because that college student?”

            Jongwoon lifted his head up to meet the younger’s eyes, surprise for what Youngwoon said, before  nodded slightly. “He asked me out yesterday night, but I hadn’t answered it yet. What am I supposed to do, Youngie? I like him too, but I’m afraid for what will happen if our parents or the people know that we’re gay” he spilled out his  worries to the younger”

            “Do you really like him?”

            “My heart’s beating faster when he near me, and I could feel as if there are butterflies dancing in my stomach. So, I thought yes Youngie. I like him, no it’s more than that actually. I think i fell in love.”

            The younger didn’t know what he should say at that moment, but no matters what the older did, as long as make him happy, he will support his hyung decision. He promised to himself anyway for loving his hyung no matter what.

            “Hyung” finally he spoke, “Follow your heart, do the things that won’t make you regret. Don’t listen what people said about you, cause no matter what they say and judge, you always have me to support you, and I will always love you”

            “Youngwoon…” Jongwoon stared at his dongsaeng with his moisty eyes “Thank you” the older hugged the younger.

            Youngwoon hugged his brother back and speak mentally ‘I hope this is right’

*****************

            4 months have passed by since Jongwoon dating the college guy. Seemed like everything looks fine. When the older told their parents about his homouality, their parents said “it’s alright son, we love you just the way you are” then enveloped him with a hug. Youngwoon knew his brother is their parent’s favorite son, but how they accepted the news so calmly and easily is still surprised him. They weren’t angry or said that was a disgusting thing that God hate. That was good, so Youngwoon didn’t need to worry his hyung will be ostracized and/or be hated by the parents.

            But everything didn’t always look as good as we thought, right?

            Youngwoon walked with his hyung on their way went home from school when three guys approached them in a sudden.

            “Are you Jongwoon?” the biggest guy among the three asked.

            “I am” Jongwoon answered softly.

            The biggest guy titled his chin up slightly to his friends. The other two nodded and getting closer to the teens. One man grabbed Youngwoon harshly, locked his arms to his back, the other one did the same thing to the older.

            The big guy made a way toward Jongwoon “So, you’re that little ?” he smirked in a mocking way.

            “Wh-what do you mean?” Jongwoon stuttered, felt afraid for what will happen.

            “I’m being paid to give you a lesson and delivered a message from my boss, she said “Stay away from mine, . You shouldn’t claimed something that not yours” with those words, the big guy jabbed Jongwoon a few times.

            “What are you doing?! Bastard, let my hyung go!!!” Youngwoon shouted loudly. Trying to set himself free from the guy’s lock. The big guy who beat his hyung up before turned his head to face Youngwoon then he approached the young boy and slapped him hard on the cheeks.

            “Make sure your brother stay away from that college guy. He’s someone’s property. Understand?”

********************

            Youngwoon barged into the guy’s room, and saw him packing his stuffs. He moved toward the guy, grabbed his collar and angrily shouted “What are doing to my hyung?! Who’s that girl? How dare she is, paid people to beaten my hyung up!!”

            The guy turned his face away, refuse to look at the younger. “She’s my fiancée.”

            “What?! Bastard, you played my hyung’s heart?! How could you…..”

            “No. I never played Jongwoon’s heart. I really do love him. But my parents had forced me to engage with her though I never love her”

            “You shouldn’t be here from the beginning and made my brother falling for you if in the end you’ll getting marry to another!!”

            “I’m sorry Youngwoon. But I couldn’t hold my feeling toward Jongwoon. I know since the first time we met that I love him. I love your brother so deep” the guy cried his heart out.

            Youngwoon calmed himself down and tried to accept the guy reason. “What are you gonna do now?” Youngwoon asked the older guy.

            “I’ll be home” he said. “It will be better for Jongwoon. Seung Jun won’t try to hurt him again if I come home.”

**********************

            Youngwoon saw his hyung’s drowning in his sadness since that guy left him. He’d stare outside the window for a few moments before the tears roll down on his cheeks.

            It made Youngwoon sad seeing his cheerful hyung became the quiet one cause of that guy. Youngwoon never told his hyung the real reason of  the guy’s abandon. He was afraid his hyung would feel more sad if he knew it.

            He just could make another promise to himself for his hyung to always protect the older from the fool love story. He won’t let another guy breaking his hyung’s fragile heart once again.

            “I’ll be stronger and protect you always hyung”